Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Installed second-hand cold air intake before SuperCel. Drove to, around, and from Townsend all week with a CEL assuming it would clear over time.

Currently 6 hrs from my bronco but the code was high MAF temp or flow, don't recall which. Is this something that will clear with a reset or do I need to dig into it?
Sponsored

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's either one of two things. (1) Your CAI filter has way too much oil and I bet your MAF is covered in it. Pull it all apart and wipe it all down. (2) You need to tune the truck for the new CAI, assuming its pulling that much more air more than stock.

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is a small plastic tube on the K&N that often cracks or shears completely… these intakes have been problematic to say the least

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You spent money on something no better than the stock intake and now you have issues. Hopefully you learned a lesson here.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MrUnprofessional
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You spent money on something no better than the stock intake and now you have issues. Hopefully you learned a lesson here.
I've been voiding warranties since I could turn a wrench and have refused to learn my lesson yet. This post was meant to poll for any potential common issues or necessary workarounds/fixes before I go wrenching at it again next weekend. The bronco has 7000 miles with the majority being offroad, it's my favorite toy.

I spent maybe a third of the price to try out a part. It sounds way cooler (with the equally pointless BOV I slapped on a few weeks before 😁), my MPGs are up by .5 and butt-dyno says there's more throttle response but those last two could be the result of actually hearing the engine breathe. 🤷‍♂️

I'll probably swap it for a new Injen if I can't clear the code with it, but the sound alone is worth keeping it IMO.

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
K&N and similar oiled filters have been known to kill airflow sensors for decades.

OP
OP
MrUnprofessional
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

K&N and similar oiled filters have been known to kill airflow sensors for decades.
I've been lucky in the past but the Injen CAI has a dry filter option so that may be the way I go regardless.
Sponsored