James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Braptor, ‘71 Highboy F250, ‘54 Willys
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
IMHO, the Braptor is not worth $80k+.
Not singling out your take really, but I’m not sure I’m wrong to say that everyone in each trim level feels their bronco is about $15-$20,000 more than it’s worth. I believe all auto makers see pricing their cars as 4D chess and they win by mindf***ing everyone into believing it’s worth what they pay, but loose if they ever have to drop prices since it’ll permanently jade customers who bought at the top. If I was a betting man, I’d think Ford leaves pricing as is but starts offering incentives to move inventory when it comes to that so they can continue to brainwash everyone into thinking their model is actually worth sticker. If I’m on the sidelines waiting for a price drop on new Broncos I’d watch for meaningful incentives but wouldn’t hold my breath on a price drop.
Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not singling out your take really, but I’m not sure I’m wrong to say that everyone in each trim level feels their bronco is about $15-$20,000 more than it’s worth. I believe all auto makers see pricing their cars as 4D chess and they win by mindf***ing everyone into believing it’s worth what they pay, but loose if they ever have to drop prices since it’ll permanently jade customers who bought at the top. If I was a betting man, I’d think Ford leaves pricing as is but starts offering incentives to move inventory when it comes to that so they can continue to brainwash everyone into thinking their model is actually worth sticker. If I’m on the sidelines waiting for a price drop on new Broncos I’d watch for meaningful incentives but wouldn’t hold my breath on a price drop.
I could be wrong, but I believe when the Braptor was initially offered at just over $69k, it actually was worth sticker. Especially since it was-and still is-the best purpose built buy it off the showroom floor off-roader available.

RIDE

Raptor
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I could be wrong, but I believe when the Braptor was initially offered at just over $69k, it actually was worth sticker. Especially since it was-and still is-the best purpose built buy it off the showroom floor off-roader available.
I don’t disagree with this at all. I remember before ordering mine as a golden ticket, I ran quick math on what all Raptor upgrades would cost me were I to mod a FE Wildtrack at that time and the total was pretty close. That said tho, price increases have occurred to all trim levels since, bigger with the Raptor only because it’s higher starting price point, but I believe the % increase over initial sticker is close to even across all trims, isn’t it?

wjtinfwb

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, Excursion, Focus ST, Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It comes back to the dealers. In S. FL, Miami area, I know dealers are still doing markups on BRaptors. Why? Because the S. American market will pay whatever price is on the windshield for one. So, regular customers have to deal with this and go in and try to get the price to what it should be, to begin with just to take a win. That or go out of the area, or out of the state to get one.

I am happy that with the mods I have done to my Badlands trim, and it is how I wanted it. The state of buying now is rather crazy.
Brandon Ford in Tampa has 7 '23 Raptors, 6-7k off MSRP
https://brandonford.com/inventory?f...":[2023,"2023"],"defaultValue":[2023,2025]}}}

G6Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G6 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
and you cant even flat tow it without the probability of blowing the transmission. i doubt i will ever buy another bronco just because of that.

Sponsored

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cars are sitting on lots because most buyers don’t have the cash and if you finance an auto purchase now you are looking at 8 to 10% interest. Monthly payments have skyrocketed.

RIDE

Raptor
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
100K + Pass
How I feel about everything these days. I still have the window sticker off my ‘98 F250 PSD at right around $15,k. And the 7.3 PSD option was only $5,k of that total. The equivalent truck today is $110,k.
And my first MasterCraft was a ‘94 I got for $16,k. Equivalent boat today…. $200,k

LMG

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F450 Infiniti QX80
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
and you cant even flat tow it without the probability of blowing the transmission. i doubt i will ever buy another bronco just because of that.
Where did you read that? I had not heard of that and I know many broncos being flat towed behind diesel pushers so a quick google search showed no issues? It did say older broncos (21 and older) were an issue.
Here is the link for reference: https://www.dorazioford.com/can-you-flat-tow-ford-bronco/#:~:text=According to Ford, flat-towing,so should not be attempted.

There are also multiple threads discussing baseplates for blue ox and other flat tow equipment that showed up as well.

Sponsored

RIDE

Raptor
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
$80K should be the top end for that vehicle for what your getting. Great vehicle though.
IMO, Ford’s pulling a page straight out of the successful F150 Raptor play book and hooking folks on the truck to then jack up the price as its own “premium” brand. A similar (although admittedly poor) comparison might be the price difference between a Honda Pilot and an Acura MDX. Or equivalent in Toyota and Lexus. Same car fundamentally (mostly), just premium version. You’re right that all upgrades might not actually add up to sticker, but I can’t blame Ford for kicking out a Bronco under their pay-to-play Raptor brand if people buy them. Remember, it’s only been until recently that they haven’t been selling well and the fact that all car makers dealer lots are also filling up tells me it’s more to do with the broad economy than anything else.

DillonC

Raptor
First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f250, 2019 expedition
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Where did you read that? I had not heard of that and I know many broncos being flat towed behind diesel pushers so a quick google search showed no issues? It did say older broncos (21 and older) were an issue.
Here is the link for reference: https://www.dorazioford.com/can-you-flat-tow-ford-bronco/#:~:text=According to Ford, flat-towing,so should not be attempted.

There are also multiple threads discussing baseplates for blue ox and other flat tow equipment that showed up as well.
There have been a few horror stories on this forum plus the Facebook groups.

People that flat towed fine several times, and then one time something happens to kick it out of the flat tow mode and ruins the transmission.

I dont know all the specifics, because I don't tow mine, but it's happened multiple times now.

LMG

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F450 Infiniti QX80
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There have been a few horror stories on this forum plus the Facebook groups.

People that flat towed fine several times, and then one time something happens to kick it out of the flat tow mode and ruins the transmission.

I dont know all the specifics, because I don't tow mine, but it's happened multiple times now.
Thanks for sharing. I will have to keep looking as we are planning on flat towing ours some. So far google has not found anything.
Edit: Found a thread in here and reading it now.
Sponsored

Last edited: