Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak, 2020 VW Cross Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks - yeah one of the most incredible venues I've ever witnessed. I was actually part of the commissioning team when I worked at the Corp offices in NY. Don't want to sidetrack your thread but if you have an opportunity to get there - even for the Postcards immersive show - it is definitely a must see.
PXL_20240204_050214189 (1).jpg
PXL_20240204_035037480.jpg
Will do!
Sponsored

New2This

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Texas off roadeo

I did it in 2022 it was great. its located ~1 hour outside of austin. you could definitely stay in austin if you want. Horsehoe bay is a nice hotel/resort with lots of water activities during the warmer months. additionally, the owner of horseshoe bay also owns Grey wolf ranch (where the offroadeo is held). not sure if they are still doing it, but you get a discount if you stay at horseshoe bay. there is also a bus that will pick you up in the AM and bring you back in the PM. you can also drive yourself (its about 10 minutes away).

I'm very new to off roading so for me the Texas location was perfect. the staff was very patient answered every question. there were some obstacles that were mildly challenging and really demonstrated how capable to vehicles are. I came into the experience planning on a black diamond and I changed my res to a Badlands SAS.

I can't speak to other locations but texas had rocks, sand, a couple water crossings, and also a dirt track at the end that they let you open it up and have some fun. was really fun after a day of crawling along at 3-4 miles an hour.

I don't think you can go wrong with any location.

OP
OP
STONEWALKER

STONEWALKER

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Texas off roadeo

I did it in 2022 it was great. its located ~1 hour outside of austin. you could definitely stay in austin if you want. Horsehoe bay is a nice hotel/resort with lots of water activities during the warmer months. additionally, the owner of horseshoe bay also owns Grey wolf ranch (where the offroadeo is held). not sure if they are still doing it, but you get a discount if you stay at horseshoe bay. there is also a bus that will pick you up in the AM and bring you back in the PM. you can also drive yourself (its about 10 minutes away).

I'm very new to off roading so for me the Texas location was perfect. the staff was very patient answered every question. there were some obstacles that were mildly challenging and really demonstrated how capable to vehicles are. I came into the experience planning on a black diamond and I changed my res to a Badlands SAS.

I can't speak to other locations but texas had rocks, sand, a couple water crossings, and also a dirt track at the end that they let you open it up and have some fun. was really fun after a day of crawling along at 3-4 miles an hour.

I don't think you can go wrong with any location.
Great information! I appreciate the feedback.

Num Num

Wildtrak
First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota....
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would not pick Vegas because you can go to Vegas anytime. Most cities have direct cheap flights. The cube sounds cool but it will be there for a while. Texas is Texas. Boomer Sooner! Moab is high on my list but mom lives a couple of hours away in western Colorado and we will get there in July. We chose New Hampshire because it was the farthest and we had never been up that way. We went Labor Day last year and had a blast. Jason and the gang treated us very well. Go pokes…. Sorry Jason that kind of hurt!! Any of them are an awesome time, enjoy the adventure and let us know what you pick and how much fun you had. I still haven’t wiped the smile off yet!

OP
OP
STONEWALKER

STONEWALKER

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would not pick Vegas because you can go to Vegas anytime. Most cities have direct cheap flights. The cube sounds cool but it will be there for a while. Texas is Texas. Boomer Sooner! Moab is high on my list but mom lives a couple of hours away in western Colorado and we will get there in July. We chose New Hampshire because it was the farthest and we had never been up that way. We went Labor Day last year and had a blast. Jason and the gang treated us very well. Go pokes…. Sorry Jason that kind of hurt!! Any of them are an awesome time, enjoy the adventure and let us know what you pick and how much fun you had. I still haven’t wiped the smile off yet!
Great advice, I'll take that into consideration. My situation is certainly the opposite, since I'm so close to NH. I don't think there's a bad choice in the lot honestly.

Thank you for the advice!

Sponsored

BroncoFrog

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm planning an Off Rodeo adventure this year before my freebie expires. I had planned to do New Hampshire due to proximity, but I'd like to make sure that I'm not missing out. Have any of y'all been to more than one Off Rodeo and if so, which would you recommend above all? If one is better suited for having your wife tag along (i.e. spas, shopping, entertainment outside the venue) please feel free to recommend as well.

Thank you in advance!
I went to the Texas one (due to proximity) and had a blast. One comment they made was that all (or maybe many) of the others aren’t closed off to the public. So groups can get split up, have to wait on others or have to miss parts entirely (he said that was frequent in Utah when crowded). The Texas land is strictly for this effort. It had everything, steep hills, water pits, rock crawls, large climbs, and scenic drives (relative).

BCKMRKR

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak 2-Door, '19 Miata, '15 M235i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I went to the Texas one (due to proximity) and had a blast. One comment they made was that all (or maybe many) of the others aren’t closed off to the public. So groups can get split up, have to wait on others or have to miss parts entirely (he said that was frequent in Utah when crowded). The Texas land is strictly for this effort. It had everything, steep hills, water pits, rock crawls, large climbs, and scenic drives (relative).
The LV property is closed/leased from the Boy Scouts.

HarmCityHammer

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m from Maryland… I Loved the Texas Off-Roadeo. We had a great time. We stayed in Austin, it wasn’t as weird as people make it out to be. With that said, next trip to Texas… it will be where the Texans call Texas and not Austin.

I enjoyed the staff and the location , the terrain was pretty awesome. It was hot, but not that damn hot and water stations were set-up to cool off.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m from Maryland… I Loved the Texas Off-Roadeo. We had a great time. We stayed in Austin, it wasn’t as weird as people make it out to be. With that said, next trip to Texas… it will be where the Texans call Texas and not Austin.

I enjoyed the staff and the location , the terrain was pretty awesome. It was hot, but not that damn hot and water stations were set-up to cool off.
Glad you enjoyed yourself and figured out Austin isn’t really Texas. Lol.

used to be a pretty cool place though. Back in the 80’s . With the lake and live music. Saw SRV and others at free outside concerts. Willy’s 4th of July picnic was held right across the highway from my shop.

NHPoke

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I appreciate the shout out Kirk! Boomer!!! (Easy for me... OU is my favorite team in the SEC! :cool: )

OP: I haven't been to all of the locations, but I do know that they all do their best to make sure that you have an amazing experience. If LV floats your boat from a "vacation" standpoint do it! I've heard good things about all of the Off-Roadeo locations. They all offer different things, but different isn't better or worse.

Enjoy your trip.
Sponsored

Last edited: