First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco Raptor, 23 Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I've been watching Borlas site periodically for the release of their valved Atak system. I happened to catch it the day before they actually started sending out emails/news letters that it was available and ordered it right away. I just received it today and with me working at a Ford store I had it installed right away....first impressions I'm not very impressed.......but will update after I put a few hundred miles as opposed to a quick 5 minute rip "around the block". At idle it is marginally louder than the stock exhaust in Baja. Quiet mode definitely takes the grunt out of it so I know the valves are working properly. Under load it is quite a bit louder but the exhaust note in the cabin is a tough sell. I'll have to have the wife do some fly bys so I can get the full picture but I'm not sure if it's just because its a new note coming out of my rear end but I've heard 3.0's sound much better than this and have a more enjoyable tone. For 3k and it being a Borla system I figured out of the box I'd be grinning from ear to ear. Like I said this is just a first impression and as things cycle I'm sure the note will change a little and it will get a little louder I assume (and am being told by a few techs here). I kind of wanted to wait for Corsa but I reached out to them as they haven't released any news on something being developed for our Bronco Raptors and got impatient. Time will tell how this story unfolds and will update this thread when I have some more seat time.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I honestly can't believe anyone is spending money on catback exhausts with the factory downpipes. 3k for a catback is insulting.

Finbox

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KLR650
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford spent a lot of time and money to design a true dual exhaust system. Why the hell would anybody replace that With some half ass system for 3k?

$3000 is ridiculous. All it is is some piping and a muffler.

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I've been watching Borlas site periodically for the release of their valved Atak system. I happened to catch it the day before they actually started sending out emails/news letters that it was available and ordered it right away. I just received it today and with me working at a Ford store I had it installed right away....first impressions I'm not very impressed.......but will update after I put a few hundred miles as opposed to a quick 5 minute rip "around the block". At idle it is marginally louder than the stock exhaust in Baja. Quiet mode definitely takes the grunt out of it so I know the valves are working properly. Under load it is quite a bit louder but the exhaust note in the cabin is a tough sell. I'll have to have the wife do some fly bys so I can get the full picture but I'm not sure if it's just because its a new note coming out of my rear end but I've heard 3.0's sound much better than this and have a more enjoyable tone. For 3k and it being a Borla system I figured out of the box I'd be grinning from ear to ear. Like I said this is just a first impression and as things cycle I'm sure the note will change a little and it will get a little louder I assume (and am being told by a few techs here). I kind of wanted to wait for Corsa but I reached out to them as they haven't released any news on something being developed for our Bronco Raptors and got impatient. Time will tell how this story unfolds and will update this thread when I have some more seat time.
I have been waiting in Corsa. They are local to me and I have contacted them a few times to get info on a Raptor system. Got antsy on Borla but glad I didn’t bite. Will continue to wait for Corsa.

OP
OP
Silentwutch

Silentwutch

Raptor
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco Raptor, 23 Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Well it's been a week and about 500 miles since the install so I figured I'd do an update. Cold start the thing sounds great...really makes it seem like its a different animal. Then within 30 seconds it dies down dramatically...like a ton down to what almost seems like stock db levels. The tone and loudness on throttle did change slightly since it was first installed and I'll tell you what...it does sound better than stock without a doubt. If you have that extra dough burning a hole and want something that does sound better than the stock setup, it does do that. Maybe in a year or so whenever Corsa does come to market I may just scrap this system or sell it for cheap but for now it does sound more aggressive than stock but honestly for the money just put it in Baja and ride it out until something else comes to market.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I honestly can't believe anyone is spending money on catback exhausts with the factory downpipes. 3k for a catback is insulting.
Man, if you think 3k is steep, have you ever priced out an Akrapovic?

3k is still a bit high, but it's a lower take rate vehicle, so something something supply and demand. I will say that I had a Borla Atak on my 335i and that thing sounded *AMAZING*, like driving Zeus' Chariot all the time.
Sponsored