Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you are just after the look,

A slight lift (1.5-2.0") and 35" tires gets you there without needing to go crazy. Add in the wider fenders and no one could tell the difference from the outside.

Upgrading the rims is an option, but you can get 35's on your stock rims as well, although you may need spacers to go with it depending on how wide of a tier you get.
I don't want to do spacers. I'd rather buy the new wheels. Which is why I was asking if I just ordered wheels for a sasquached edition (which is an option on tire rack) would they fit/same bolt pattern
Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Bigger tires take more power to spin. You will notice a hit on both fuel economy and acceleration.

Bigger (lower) gear ratios put more torque to the wheel, but at the expense of fuel economy and top speed.

Smaller (higher) gear ratios are more fuel efficient and have a higher top speed, but can't put as much torque down to the ground.

Too big of a tire for your gearing, and it will really lug. The stock gear ratio is 3.73, which is a common ratio, but a bit high for 35's - you could do it, but you'll definitely notice it. I know a lot of people that are running 35s on 4.10 and do ok. I've seen posts of a lot of folks running 35's on the 3.73, and if it's just driving around town it'll be fine, but you'll notice the hit in mileage and acceleration.

Changing the gear ratio is a much more involved project.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't want to do spacers. I'd rather buy the new wheels. Which is why I was asking if I just ordered wheels for a sasquached edition (which is an option on tire rack) would they fit/same bolt pattern
All Broncos (and 6th gen Rangers) have the same bolt pattern - so yeah, if it's for a 6th gen bronco there's no different in the bolt pattern on SAS or non-SAS, although Raptor is slightly different.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Another thing to consider is, if the Bronco doesn't have the rear locker (4.27 gearing), 33's may be a better choice.
34s are really nice for 4.27.

33s are great for 3.73s, not terrible for 4.27s.

In my build thread somewhere I ran all of the calculations.

OP
OP

Sata1

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Bigger tires take more power to spin. You will notice a hit on both fuel economy and acceleration.

Bigger (lower) gear ratios put more torque to the wheel, but at the expense of fuel economy and top speed.

Smaller (higher) gear ratios are more fuel efficient and have a higher top speed, but can't put as much torque down to the ground.

Too big of a tire for your gearing, and it will really lug. The stock gear ratio is 3.73, which is a common ratio, but a bit high for 35's - you could do it, but you'll definitely notice it. I know a lot of people that are running 35s on 4.10 and do ok. I've seen posts of a lot of folks running 35's on the 3.73, and if it's just driving around town it'll be fine, but you'll notice the hit in mileage and acceleration.

Changing the gear ratio is a much more involved project.
OK thanks I understand that but was thinking you had a different reason.

Anyone with 35s and 3.73 gears reporting any breakage on just normal driving. She will not be taking this off road BTW

Sponsored

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm convinced Ford geared the Broncos to be able to go up 'roughly' one tire size without any real impact. Anything more, and you'll see/ feel the difference, but it's not like it's going to self explode or anything crazy, but obviously the penalties start adding up.

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
OK thanks I understand that but was thinking you had a different reason.

Anyone with 35s and 3.73 gears reporting any breakage on just normal driving. She will not be taking this off road BTW
You'll be fine with the 3.73 gears for what you say your gf will be using it for. And honestly, she probably won't even notice a difference.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
The engineers at Ford went with 4.46 gearing for 33's and 4.7 for the light weight 35's (auto trans). I know you can get by with 3.73 gearing, but I was surprised it was even offered on anything other than the Base with 30" tires. However, if you want to turn your Bronco into a slug to make it look cooler, it can easily be done, all that's required in .6" of lift and some rims with the proper off-set.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Just to be clear (and maybe you are), you can get wheels from Tire Rack that fit a Sasquatch Edition, but you can't get official Sasquatch Edition wheels at Tire Rack. If that is what you wanted, you'd be better off getting a set of take offs.

OP
OP

Sata1

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just to be clear (and maybe you are), you can get wheels from Tire Rack that fit a Sasquatch Edition, but you can't get official Sasquatch Edition wheels at Tire Rack. If that is what you wanted, you'd be better off getting a set of take offs.
Correct. I do not want Ford edition, sasquatch wheels. I want aftermarket wheels that will fit a sasquach. Therefore being the same offset, providing the same look as a sasquached edition that I will installon her big bend. I Do not want actual Ford sasquatch wheels.

Sponsored

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2024 Rivian R1S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like you already have your mind made up, but going to a (33") 285/70/17 will make a world of difference in looks. I did that when I had my BB and you will save yourself a lot of cash. You can't say it's Sasquatch but you also won't be able to do that with your current plans.

Look at this thread. If you're going for looks you'll see quickly it doesn't need to be a 35" to accomplish the aggressive look you're going for.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/show-33s-some-love-picture-thread.45573/

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Do this, it's 99% of the look with none of the downsides of too large of a tire.

RTR Tech 6 rims 17x9 +30 offset
Milestar Patagonia 295/70R17 (33.5")

No need to worry about rubbing or removing crash bars.

Stock
Ford Bronco Big bend to look like sasquached received_1670734536661668

Wheels and tires
Ford Bronco Big bend to look like sasquached IMG_20220910_181155 (1)

Works with either fenders... Slight poke with non-sasquatch fenders.

Ford Bronco Big bend to look like sasquached 20211205_115526

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Almost forgot, there is another option, the Baby BigFoot Blackout Bundle: MatteBlackPackage

The $5200 after purchase Baby Bigfoot Blackout Bundle :

Two-inch off-road suspension lift kit
A set of five 17×8.5-inch matte black wheels
black lug nuts
an upgraded spare tire carrier
a Pro Cal tool to recalibrate the speedometer
extended fender flares
a smoked Ford oval badge
matte black grille letter caps
script badges for the fenders
and a matte black Bronco badge for the tailgate.
Tires, however, aren’t included and must be purchased separately.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Sata1

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sounds like you already have your mind made up, but going to a (33") 285/70/17 will make a world of difference in looks. I did that when I had my BB and you will save yourself a lot of cash. You can't say it's Sasquatch but you also won't be able to do that with your current plans.

Look at this thread. If you're going for looks you'll see quickly it doesn't need to be a 35" to accomplish the aggressive look you're going for.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/show-33s-some-love-picture-thread.45573/
It's not my mind. It's hers. I drive an f250 diesel. With 37s
Sponsored