Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
IgnoreUnwatch
•••
Barzo
big_bend.png

I have a 2024 2 door Big Bend on order. I would like to dress up the exterior a bit...nothing extreme. Just for looks. Will not be going off road.

Main thing I see is changing out the stock tires. Any comments on sizing that still works on the stock 17 inch rims? Any comments on tires being "Certified for winter use"?
I have seen suggestions for Toyo Open Country A/T III LT C 285/75 R17Q

I am a couple hours north of Toronto and we are prone to "winter events" and temperatures can get quite frigid.

Any other exterior changes suggested?
Sponsored

Reactions: Fly

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Falken Wildpeak AT/3 and the new AT/4 are highly recommended winter tires.

Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT is another that is a highly rated winter-oriented tire.

Not sure about the Toyos you have for winter performance - worth a look - the two tires I listed are definitely not the only good choices

The size you show above I think will work without any modification, it’s a hair bigger than a standard 33”

The rims will accept a wide range of tire sizes - your first limitation will be the crash bars (which just unbolt - easy to remove) or wheels rubbing (which would need a lift or spacers/offset rims to get around)

I think the size you have quoted will fit without any modification but not 100% certain so don’t quote me: more on tire size

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/largest-tire-size-on-oem-big-bend-rim-without-any-lift.80537/

Last edited:
OP
OP

Barzo

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks, and much appreciated.

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
IgnoreUnwatch
•••
Barzo
Ford Bronco Big Bend 2 door upgrades big_bend

I have a 2024 2 door Big Bend on order. I would like to dress up the exterior a bit...nothing extreme. Just for looks. Will not be going off road.

Main thing I see is changing out the stock tires. Any comments on sizing that still works on the stock 17 inch rims? Any comments on tires being "Certified for winter use"?

I am a couple hours north of Toronto and we are prone to "winter events" and temperatures can get quite frigid.

Maybe some running boards? Easier to hop in/out in the winter

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

IgnoreUnwatch
•••
Barzo
big_bend.png

That is a great size. Good tire too.

As already mentioned those and the AT3W are very good, with the AT3W being more popular. The new AT4W just came out, we don't have a ton of user feedback yet, but I bet it will be good.

I have those in 255/80/17 on the Ranger and they are a bit squirrely in the wet. I've heard that from others as well.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a45861084/winter-tires-new-ice-rating-certification/

There is a new ice rating now too. Not sure what tires have gone through the certification yet. Don't judge a tire if it is not certified, since this is brand new.

Oh also Canadians love Duratracs in the winter.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Barzo

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Maybe some running boards? Easier to hop in/out in the winter
Those are on the order, so got that covered!

OP
OP

Barzo

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That is a great size. Good tire too.

As already mentioned those and the AT3W are very good, with the AT3W being more popular. The new AT4W just came out, we don't have a ton of user feedback yet, but I bet it will be good.

I have those in 255/80/17 on the Ranger and they are a bit squirrely in the wet. I've heard that from others as well.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a45861084/winter-tires-new-ice-rating-certification/

There is a new ice rating now too. Not sure what tires have gone through the certification yet. Don't judge a tire if it is not certified, since this is brand new.

Oh also Canadians love Duratracs in the winter.
I am hoping the winter certified would be good year round. I currently religiously swap out for winter tires and believe they are a good idea, but if I could save a few nickels by only needing one set year round that would be great. Any other tire experts that can chime in as well? And you Aonarch...

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

2 door Broncos all look good. That is going to be a fun ride.

If you like the wheels, I'd say goto a more aggressive looking tire.

When I got to 50k miles I swapped my wheels and tires with some Black Diamond take offs. It improved the look of my 4dr Big Bend.

Do you ski? I always thought a rear mounted carrier like this looks cool on ski days

7656564784837025b29c4763e46977d1.jpg

OP
OP

Barzo

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks. Sadly, skiing is one of those things on my list of "usta do's".
Sponsored