Sponsored

Belltech 4-7.5" Lift Kit. Front and Rear Trail Performance Coilovers - feedback / reviews?

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Think mainly jagged uneven rock that jut up randomly. Hard to explain without proper context or pictures but it mainly it was to keep to give me more clearance off the ground.
Aha! I suspected as much. Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! lol

Clearance != lift. Pure clearance, where you miss hitting anything, is either from your rear diff or shock mounts in the back. This is where you will clear anything of that height.

Lift is moving the center of gravity. It does NOT move the diff, or the shock mounts. So you don't typically get clearance from the lift so much as half the difference in the tire circumference you had versus what you went to (say, 34.4" to 36.8 is 1.2" of pure clearance). You generally get a suspension lift to handle bigger tires or change your articulation (like mid- or long-travel).

The reference to portals is instructive, then, since an axle lift (portals lift the axle with gearing in the hub) DOES give you pure lift. 74Weld's portals, for instance, give around 3.5" of lift (3.8" but Quinn's said IFS is slightly less than straight axle), but it's all pure clearance. There are caveats to this but this is generally the case.

So if you want a big lift for clearance specifically, that's not really a thing per se. And you can get tires to fit your Bronco without a big lift.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rancid

Rancid

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Clearance != lift. Pure clearance, where you miss hitting anything, is either from your rear diff or shock mounts in the back. This is where you will clear anything of that height.

Lift is moving the center of gravity. It does NOT move the diff, or the shock mounts. So you don't typically get clearance from the lift so much as half the difference in the tire circumference you had versus what you went to (say, 34.4" to 36.8 is 1.2" of pure clearance). You generally get a suspension lift to handle bigger tires or change your articulation (like mid- or long-travel).

The reference to portals is instructive, then, since an axle lift (portals lift the axle with gearing in the hub) DOES give you pure lift. 74Weld's portals, for instance, give around 3.5" of lift (3.8" but Quinn's said IFS is slightly less than straight axle).

So if you want a big lift for clearance specifically, that's not really a thing per se. And you can get tires to fit your Bronco without a big lift.
That makes sense. And I suppose with the cross member drop it will hinder clearance until I beef up tire size and that would require a significant bump in size and a possible re gearing depending on tire size it sounds like

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Everything you guys are saying is a direct contradiction from the reps? This isn’t making sense
Alright. Now we’re just being trolled. You got me.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is @5GENIDN's Bronco on 74W portals and a King suspension lift. Notice how it almost looks like nothing is below, including the diffs? That's the portals. If you look at the rims, there's what looks like no axle in the middle and an arm going up, this is the portal riser.

Not that you should get them (they are expensive and additive due to all the other stuff you'll want), but to wit, 3.5" of clearance is tough to really get for the reasons stated above. So they're like a cheat code.

I think total, he's got like 19" of clearance, which is close to twice stock.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/74weld-bronco-portals-now-available.78575/page-61

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The reference to portals is instructive, then, since an axle lift (portals lift the axle with gearing in the hub) DOES give you pure lift. 74Weld's portals, for instance, give around 3.5" of lift (3.8" but Quinn's said IFS is slightly less than straight axle). There are caveats to this but this is generally the case.

Please allow me to demonstrate...

Ford Bronco Belltech 4-7.5" Lift Kit. Front and Rear Trail Performance Coilovers - feedback / reviews? front end friday homer bucket

That is a 14.5 inch bucket..... Stock I believe the SASQ Bronco has 11.8 inches of clearance and the Raptor has 13.6 inches of clearance.... please someone correct me if I am wrong.

It will also cost you your kids education.... I am into this about the cost of a second Bronco.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rancid

Rancid

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Please allow me to demonstrate...

Ford Bronco Belltech 4-7.5" Lift Kit. Front and Rear Trail Performance Coilovers - feedback / reviews? front end friday homer bucket

That is a 14.5 inch bucket..... Stock I believe the SASQ Bronco has 11.8 inches of clearance and the Raptor has 13.6 inches of clearance.... please someone correct me if I am wrong.

It will also cost you your kids education.... I am into this about the cost of a second Bronco.
Holy shit lol that’s quite a build man that’s amazing!

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Holy shit lol that’s quite a build man that’s amazing!
And really expensive.... I am an old man and while other old men are getting their corvette and driving like grandma... This is where I am spending my kids inheritance.

OP
OP
Rancid

Rancid

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Alright. Now we’re just being trolled. You got me.
I swear I’m not just speaking with reps and vendors that have installed these kits they have said other then the usual (upgraded UCA ect) that you do with smaller lifts it’s a relatively safe left. That’s why I was very surprised when you guys started chiming in saying that it wasn’t.

OP
OP
Rancid

Rancid

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
And really expensive.... I am an old men and while other old men are getting their corvette and driving like grandma... This is where I am spending my kids inheritance.
I hear you man I still have kids fresh out of diapers, so I’m still not at that phase of life yet. Luckily I’m in a great field with the healthcare system to where I can afford things in life and the military set me up great ahead of my peers. To have fuck around cash, but I don’t know about that much fuck around cash lol

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I swear I’m not just speaking with reps and vendors that have installed these kits they have said other then the usual (upgraded UCA ect) that you do with smaller lifts it’s a relatively safe left. That’s why I was very surprised when you guys started chiming in saying that it wasn’t.
These guys are in it to make money. We’re being realistic and honest with ya.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rancid

Rancid

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I totally understand that’s why I’m not trying to come off as argumentative. I just wanted to try to understand what was going on.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hear you man I still have kids fresh out of diapers, so I’m still not at that phase of life yet. Luckily I’m in a great field with the healthcare system to where I can afford things in life in the military set me up great of my peers. To have fuck around cash, but I don’t know about that much fuck around cash lol
A lot of it is risk tolerance. If you need your truck to be a daily, be conservative. If you can't stand for stuff not to work, be very conservative. If you have a second car and don't mind periodically fixing/upgrading/working on it, you're probably going to be happy enough. I'm a software dev, so I know for a FACT I don't like canary builds (hey-test-this-for-me builds). I want it to work. So, I'm trying to learn to be conservative and not blow $42k on portals and the other pricey googas that go with it.

My assumption is it's more profitable for you to be very progressive in your mindset, if you're hawking this stuff. I'm sure they deal with a lot of people who do know what they're getting into, and from a sales point of view you never assume the customer is ignorant.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I hear you man I still have kids fresh out of diapers, so I’m still not at that phase of life yet. Luckily I’m in a great field with the healthcare system to where I can afford things in life and the military set me up great ahead of my peers. To have fuck around cash, but I don’t know about that much fuck around cash lol
Then I would recommend coil overs and a rack..... 37s are huge. Make sure you have skid plates and you can go anywhere....

The weakest link in ANY IFS is the steering. Upgrade to the heavy duty rack or if you really want to spend the big money go for the 74 Weld stage 3.... I do not think you will break the heavy duty rack but the 74 Weld rack is about as close to indestructible as you can get with an IFS..... But no one will know you have it unless you tell them.

OP
OP
Rancid

Rancid

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Then I would recommend coil overs and a rack..... 37s are huge. Make sure you have skid plates and you can go anywhere....

The weakest link in ANY IFS is the steering. Upgrade to the heavy duty rack or if you really want to spend the big money go for the 74 Weld stage 3.... I do not think you will break the heavy duty rack but the 74 Weld rack is about as close to indestructible as you can get with an IFS..... But no one will know you have it unless you tell them.
I appreciate your input brother

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I appreciate your input brother
These guys you have been talking with... They have been there done that. They KNOW what they are talking about and have been giving you good advice.... They also tend to be a little more conservative than I am but it is for very good reasons. When they speak I listen. Don't always agree (although I usually do) but I always take their comments to heart and consider them carefully.
Sponsored