Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last week my family was on vacation in the Smokies. We rented a cabin up on the mountain outside of Gatlinburg Tennessee, right across the valley from Great Smokey Mountains National Park. I have seen a lot of bears across my different adventures, but I have never seen more black bears in a shorter amount of time than last week in the smokies, we had at least 3 bears (one with the 3 cubs) right up at the house, and half a dozen more on our hikes within the national park.

Don't mind the noise, my family got really excited about this! I actually kind of regret the yelling, might have been worth the damage risk to get a nice video of her climbing right in!

(7) Mama Black Bear checks out Bronco! - YouTube
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
TeocaliMG

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What was left in the cupholder?
Yet another reason to let her climb in. That's some valuable research!

Edit: Sorry I read this as "what was left of the cupholder"
It was just a water bottle, actually there was no food in the Bronco at all, I think this was just her intelligence and experience to check easy targets.

Last edited:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Bears love the new Bronco! Bear Stum

This yearling was scrounging for grubs in the stump. I used the spare tire to steady my camera.

Edit: Location was in Cades Cove GSMNP

Last edited:

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yet another reason to let her climb in. That's some valuable research!
Just know they have incredible sense of smell and a nursing mom is always looking for food.

JRock17

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ice Mountain 4dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
** Placed in photos/videos forum, admin move if there's a more appropriate forum**

Last week my family was on vacation in the Smokies. We rented a cabin up on the mountain outside of Gatlinburg Tennessee, right across the valley from Great Smokey Mountains National Park. I have seen a lot of bears across my different adventures, but I have never seen more black bears in a shorter amount of time than last week in the smokies, we had at least 3 bears (one with the 3 cubs) right up at the house, and half a dozen more on our hikes within the national park.

Don't mind the noise, my family got really excited about this! I actually kinda regret the yelling, might have been worth the damage risk to get a nice video of her climbing right in!

(7) Mama Black Bear checks out Bronco! - YouTube
that is an awesome video! Love how she just opened the door up….very rude of her not to close it🤣🤣🤣

TABadlands

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT; 2022 Two Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good thing you guys yelled. She might have hopped in and tore stuff up.

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Great video! My wife and I usually hit Gatlinburg each July and hike Mt. LeConte (among other trails), but skipped it this year. We've talked about taking the Bronco next year, but now I have my doubts. LOL!

OP
OP
TeocaliMG

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those curious, we did try some off-roading in the area, though the options seemed pretty sparse to a newcomer in the Gatlinburg area (outside of the privately owned stuff). After rafting the Pigeon River we took the long way "back" along some ORV trails in the Cherokee National Forest. Nothing Crazy apart from one slick clay mud hole along the "Big Fill" section. I think it would be doable with a bit of momentum, it was not doable slow and steady, you can see the mud caked into our tow hooks (and yes I removed all the logs and junk). But since we were driving solo, and I don't have a winch I decided to take the conservative route. Still found a few cool obstacles!

Ford Bronco Bears love the new Bronco! 1660517021084

Ford Bronco Bears love the new Bronco! 1660517132469
Ford Bronco Bears love the new Bronco! 1660517151813

Ford Bronco Bears love the new Bronco! 1660517222275

I will upload the videos later sometime.

Ford Bronco Bears love the new Bronco! 1660517346583

Ford Bronco Bears love the new Bronco! 1660517731317

Last edited:

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

These critters are smart. We have had several similar events. They know where to look and how to open car doors. In the smokies, we had one stroll through the camp ground going to every site and opening coolers if left outside. In Rocky Mount National Park, we parked at a trailhead where the warden warned us to make sure we left no food in the car as bears were checking them out. We didn’t but you could see where they were trying to see if any of the doors were left unlocked. Nice scratches at every door handle.

Glad you didn’t have any damage.

phoenix00

Wildtrak
First Name
Phoenix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum Screw 3.5L eb FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Love the cub, bored out of his mind while mom is car shopping... Once she saw the ADM, she was like, EFF this, I'm not paying no effing ADM... She even shot a glance back at the dealer, "What kind of scum are you???"
Sponsored

Last edited: