Big Pony

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Ascent LTD '20
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How did you connect the huge wires coming off the compressor to the tiny aux switch wire? This doesn’t make any sense. I want pictures.
There are two harnesses that come with the ARB compressor, well at least mine came with them. There’s the thick harness that has the little fuse box and thicker gauge wire that connects to the battery and there’s the much thinner switch cable that you use with the supplied ARB switch. That’s the cable I connected to the AUX6 lead. I just cut off the plastic connectors on the end.

Here are some pictures. For reference, the thicker power cable is routed along the front of the Bronco right above the cooling fans and the thinner cable is routed along the firewall following the existing thick wire harness that runs along behind the engine.

IMG_2793.jpeg

Thick power harness

IMG_2794.jpeg

Routing of that thick harness

IMG_2795.jpeg

Battery attachment point

IMG_2796.jpeg

Close up on previous picture

IMG_2797.jpeg

Switch power harness (thinner one)

IMG_2798.jpeg

Switch harness routing

IMG_2799.jpeg

Connection to the AUX6 wire

Also, for those who are unaware… The supplied ARB switch cable has a diode in it and the compressor itself contains relays under its top cover. Redundancy never hurt anyone, but I stand by my install and didn’t see the need to attach additional relays to my wiring. But as I stated before, I’m not giving advice, just sharing my opinion and experience. Do your research and consult experts. And if you’re still not comfortable with something, have a professional shop work on your vehicle.

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There are two harnesses that come with the ARB compressor, well at least mine came with them. There’s the thick harness that has the little fuse box and thicker gauge wire that connects to the battery and there’s the much thinner switch cable that you use with the supplied ARB switch. That’s the cable I connected to the AUX6 lead. I just cut off the plastic connectors on the end.

Here are some pictures. For reference, the thicker power cable is routed along the front of the Bronco right above the cooling fans and the thinner cable is routed along the firewall following the existing thick wire harness that runs along behind the engine.

IMG_2793.jpeg

Thick power harness

IMG_2794.jpeg

Routing of that thick harness

IMG_2795.jpeg

Battery attachment point

IMG_2796.jpeg

Close up on previous picture

IMG_2797.jpeg

Switch power harness (thinner one)

IMG_2798.jpeg

Switch harness routing

IMG_2799.jpeg

Connection to the AUX6 wire

Also, for those who are unaware… The supplied ARB switch cable has a diode in it and the compressor itself contains relays under its top cover. Redundancy never hurt anyone, but I stand by my install and didn’t see the need to attach additional relays to my wiring. But as I stated before, I’m not giving advice, just sharing my opinion and experience. Do your research and consult experts. And if you’re still not comfortable with something, have a professional shop work on your vehicle.
Okay. You have it hooked up correctly. Your auxiliary switch is only telling the compressor when you would like it to turn on. The compressor itself is not drawing power from your auxiliary switch.

Big Pony

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Ascent LTD '20
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Okay. You have it hooked up correctly. Your auxiliary switch is only telling the compressor when you would like it to turn on. The compressor itself is not drawing power from your auxiliary switch.
Exactly. I thought that was well understood.

Sponsored

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly. I thought that was well understood.
That wasn’t clear at all from your initial few posts in here. That’s why we were all questioning your wiring setup.

Big Pony

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Ascent LTD '20
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That wasn’t clear at all from your initial few posts in here. That’s why we were all questioning your statements.
All good. I assumed people knew more about the whole thing and figured I didn’t need to go into details. Maybe I should’ve taken the time to be more specific. Again, my bad.

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I can see that lol. Apologies if I am the culprit. It was never my intention.
All good man. Everything is all clarified now and we won’t have some poor soul out there trying to power his system from an Aux switch and not knowing why he can’t keep fuses in it. Then his neighbor says “dem dang fuses are a communistical invention anyway! Let me show you how to bypass dat stupid chit!”

Fire ensues