First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sometimes engineers/designers fall in love with their own product and lose objectivity.
I was actually being serious. If this thing is available in a wide and narrow configuration, it seems like he really thought of it all. I'm very much looking forward to the finished product.
Sponsored

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
@EIGHTLUG - whatā€™s the width of the full size base? Iā€™m looking at mounting a 50ā€ Superlite on an as needed basis with quick release mounts.
Without firing up my laptop and 100% verifying, Iā€™m going to say 56ā€ overall width. 54ā€ if you want to stay with in the side rails. For me, that means you can mount your 50ā€ wide Superlite and afford yourself 2ā€ of hand hold on each side which can come in handy. No pun intended.

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Very excited to see where this goes!

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I was actually being serious. If this thing is available in a wide and narrow configuration, it seems like he really thought of it all. I'm very much looking forward to the finished product.
Truth be told, the ā€˜narrow versionā€™ of this roof rack was our initial design. Which is why I told you earlier that the rear mounts are already designed. We started talking about mounting accessories like MaxTrax and Rotopax on the side rails, and it made sense to punch it out wider and not have to design around the roof. Accessories will be able to hang below the top surface of the rack, allowing you to use the entire flat surface for a tent and more gear. Your side mounted accessories would not come in contact with the roof. I found this to be a really beneficial design cue of the roof rack on my 1989 DEFENDER 110. As long as you kept stuff above the top of the doors so theyā€™ll open/close, youā€™re money.

We 3D scanned MaxTrax, NATO Jerry can, RotoPax, HiLift jack, etc., to model and add to our renderings.
Ford Bronco AR | BRONCO Modular Roof Rack for 2-Door and 4-Door 0DF54EE3-674C-458D-AB07-0F0977E38038
Ford Bronco AR | BRONCO Modular Roof Rack for 2-Door and 4-Door 81D389B9-8028-4285-A313-3179063078BC
Ford Bronco AR | BRONCO Modular Roof Rack for 2-Door and 4-Door 3E70E0FB-B31C-4C1C-87BC-3C0EEACC72FF
Ford Bronco AR | BRONCO Modular Roof Rack for 2-Door and 4-Door C5F1927D-EF14-409F-8398-1C884E426A1D

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I love how yā€™all think outside the box (and in this application - quite literally). Keep the updates coming. You have my full attention.

Nail down a sleek chase rack for us softies - and you have a winner.

Sponsored

TraumaJoe

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@EIGHTLUG some of us already have light bars, will you offer mounts for various brands? I have the KC gravity pro 6 and love it (not willing to sell for the Baja designs) but looking for a roof rack that can support it. I keep asking @TrailRax and nothing yet, so if this is something you can accommodate then you may gain a lot more customers.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any plans for some sort of vertical leg in the back area or 2? The load limit of the hardtop is not much and adding some support should help.

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
@EIGHTLUG some of us already have light bars, will you offer mounts for various brands? I have the KC gravity pro 6 and love it (not willing to sell for the Baja designs) but looking for a roof rack that can support it. I keep asking @TrailRax and nothing yet, so if this is something you can accommodate then you may gain a lot more customers.
Mounts for more brands and types of lights are on our design list. We only started with the LP6 from Baja Designs, because itā€™s what weā€™re running for our build. Your KC setup looks pretty straightforward. If you would, PM me some pictures of the mounts you received with the lights, if there were any. Iā€™d only also need the total width of the setup and the diameter of the threaded mounting stud and weā€™re pretty much off to the races.

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Any plans for some sort of vertical leg in the back area or 2? The load limit of the hardtop is not much and adding some support should help.
Youā€™re making me give away all of the future sauce. Yes, weā€™re also working on the exterior vertical supports that will cleanly tie into the upper mounts.
Ford Bronco AR | BRONCO Modular Roof Rack for 2-Door and 4-Door 67E6B522-3033-4BA8-B17F-1948DE757B62

Billet, of course, with an integrated carbon composite MOLLE panel. We also have a rear chase light housing that will mount to the roof rack. Weā€™re also designing various mounts for all of the accessories I mentioned in the post earlier.

Sponsored

rguest3

Raptor
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 23 Bronco, 24 Raptor, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Sub 2K.

The expected price for the 4-Door Rack to start with these features is not that bad.

Svanhildr

Black Diamond
First Name
Christal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did I read the original post correctly... This will mount to the body as well as the roof? To lose my roof and not the rack capability would be awesome!

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Did I read the original post correctly... This will mount to the body as well as the roof? To lose my roof and not the rack capability would be awesome!
With the side mounts installed, youā€™d be able to run this rack with your roof removed. Weā€™re in the PNW, where 6 months out of the year itā€™s pretty wet. So running without the roof isnā€™t a design priority. If thereā€™s is enough interest in a roof rack/no roof combo, we would happily design a rack specific to that use case.

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well crap, if the future project is for a soft top version, I've gotta pause and wait. The width would make sense to open the top through the supports.

Svanhildr

Black Diamond
First Name
Christal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

With the side mounts installed, youā€™d be able to run this rack with your roof removed. Weā€™re in the PNW, where 6 months out of the year itā€™s pretty wet. So running without the roof isnā€™t a design priority. If thereā€™s is enough interest in a roof rack/no roof combo, we would happily design a rack specific to that use case.
I'm in Michigan, so not a lot of topless opportunities, but it was a bummer to have a couple of great stretches I couldn't take advantage of because I needed my rack to carry kayaks and such.
Sponsored