Ned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It looks like to remove the rear portion of the hard top I could leave the mounts attached to the windshield and rear hardtop and instead just detach the superstructure from the mounts themselves. Is that accurate?
Sponsored

TX21BRONC

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Hemi, Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have purchased and have been extremely satisfied with many of your products that I have purchased from you. I am sure this roof rack will be another engineering masterpiece. But...You need to get a soft top version designed right away. There are so many roof racks available right now for the hard tops and only a couple for the soft top. And the majority of Broncos on the road right now are soft top. Not sure why everyone goes right for a hard top rack design. I mean, how hard can it be to perfect a soft top roof rack. The concept of properly mounting it is out there, we just need someone to do it correctly. The minimum requirement for a soft top would be that you can mount and support a roof top tent and allow the rear to open up. Look at JCR's.

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have purchased and have been extremely satisfied with many of your products that I have purchased from you. I am sure this roof rack will be another engineering masterpiece. But...You need to get a soft top version designed right away. There are so many roof racks available right now for the hard tops and only a couple for the soft top. And the majority of Broncos on the road right now are soft top. Not sure why everyone goes right for a hard top rack design. I mean, how hard can it be to perfect a soft top roof rack. The concept of properly mounting it is out there, we just need someone to do it correctly. The minimum requirement for a soft top would be that you can mount and support a roof top tent and allow the rear to open up. Look at JCR's.
@EIGHTLUG JCR is good in that it's one of the only soft top racks that let's you still pop the clamshell. Raket is better with how quickly you can remove the rack to flip back your soft top. It's just hard to stomach nearly $3K.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why is billet material necessary? The roof rack strength and durability should be limited to the capabilities of the roof structure. Using bullet manufacturing processes (which adds expense dramatically) seems over the top. Cast materials would seem to be more efficient and economical unless the business plan is intentionally skewed towards low volume and high piece price.
Did you never watch a video of how Apple mKes your MacBook housing from a solid block? Some things lose strength if cast or molded

And maybe they don't have a forge on site to liquefy aluminum or steel to cast the items

Gritty

Wildtrak
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevy Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The first what?? Person to not read the actual post? 2 and 4 available
The first what?? Person to not read the actual post? 2 and 4 available
The original post yesterday only show 4dr, it was edited after I replied about the 2dr. See the asterisk*........You have nothing better to do?

Sponsored

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m 6ft 3. Just my 2 cents, I donā€™t see how I could have a rack on my Bronco without some type of ladder. I was thinking about getting a rack with a ski roof rack on top but after getting my Bronco it be such a hassle due to height. So now I just use a ski bag and store in Bronco. Problem solved and saved quite a bit of money. šŸ˜€

BuckYeah

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love the attention to detail AR pays everything they bring to market. And no, I'm not a paid spokesperson, but I have spoken with a principal at AR and I'm confident the company wants to add value to the Bronco.

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It looks like to remove the rear portion of the hard top I could leave the mounts attached to the windshield and rear hardtop and instead just detach the superstructure from the mounts themselves. Is that accurate?
Correct. I think 12, 1/4" bolts is all it takes. Toss a hex drive on an electric ratchet and you can probably have the rack off in a matter of minutes. The rack is supported from underneath, so as you remove the mount bolts, it wont come crashing down. So pull the bolts and have a buddy help you lift it off or get one of those fancy ceiling mounted garage hoists and done deal. If equipped, the AERO-FAIRING can remain attached to calm the wind down on those roof off days. The lights would also remain installed and operational. It's a total win.

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Oh, don't you worry. 2 door and 4 door soft top designs are already on the design table. We started with the hard top, because that's what we own. The rack itself will carry over to the soft top, but the soft top will get mount designs specific to that application.

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Because hardtops, like 4 doors, are *THE BEST*

hysterical-laughter.gif

Of course... You've got to look past all the issues of said hard tops...

awkward-uncomfortable.gif

Sponsored

Shark1247

Badlands
First Name
Kelly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Badlands Sas Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still haven't seen anything on load weight. Static and dynamic.

jh3113

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Easy buy if it looks as good in person as the renders make it look.

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Easy buy if it looks as good in person as the renders make it look.
Iā€™m betting that it will look tremendously good in person. From afar, it will look similar to most, but once you get up close to our rack or are one of those that purchases it and unboxes the bespoke components, youā€™ll quickly find that itā€™s very premium when you hold the precision machined billet components. I say this often about our products, but Iā€™m super stoked for this one. I have a feeling that it will be a game changer.
Sponsored