First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very very nice and congrats. I would think I would be around the same numbers since I have the same setup, just all Injen. Few more things to do, and yeah, it will be time to go down the rabbit hole.

But, but, why didn't we buy sports cars if we wanted to go fast???

😉
Oh Akira says HI! (820 RWHP/630 TQ GT500) Also Val is peaking her around the corner. She's shy. (400 RHWP/425 TQ 68 Mustang)
Sponsored

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am happy with my 4 ton flying brick.

robo

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi hatch, CG 2022 Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sweet numbers, I'm sure it's a blast to drive!!

Alas, for those of us living in Commiefornia, it's not feasible.
I got sent to the state ref once already for my STI, and have decided that
CA CARB legal is the way to go for me. :cry:
I'll console myself with the much less potent FoMo Performance Tune and the hope that
the lower numbers may lead to longer engine life.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hell yeah 🍻

Balt

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands SAS / 2017 Lincoln Nautilus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dang! Do you think it'll wear anything out quicker?
Yes absolutely he will, without a doubt. He's going to start having seal failures and rubber hose issues running e85 because the engine is not designed to run e85 for one. I think most people would be pretty happy with the power increases from a 93 octane tune CAI, exhaust, and maybe a larger intercooler.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ducati1098

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes absolutely he will, without a doubt. He's going to start having seal failures and rubber hose issues running e85 because the engine is not designed to run e85 for one. I think most people would be pretty happy with the power increases from a 93 octane tune CAI, exhaust, and maybe a larger intercooler.
"seal failures and rubber hose issues" what does that even mean? Which ones exactly?
This isn't the 1970's lol
Manufactures have been making fuel systems that can handle ethanol blended fuel perfectly fine for a long time now. There are a ton of vehicles all over the world running E85 that aren't designed to from the factory with no issues whatsoever.

Seals and rubber hoses are literally the last thing I'm worried about

Balt

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"seal failures and rubber hose issues" what does that even mean? Which ones exactly?
This isn't the 1970's lol
Manufactures have been making fuel systems that can handle ethanol blended fuel perfectly fine for a long time now. There are a ton of vehicles all over the world running E85 that aren't designed to from the factory with no issues whatsoever.

Seals and rubber hoses are literally the last thing I'm worried about
I caused a massive damage to my wife's 2019 Lincoln Nautilus that has the same 2.7 l Gen 2 motor running e85 in a tune on it, had the tune checked several times and was very conservative on timing. Even with a conservative tunw the engine was simply demanding more fuel than it was getting from the system. Rubber flaking was found in the intake manifold from hose degradation in slight timing/fuel delivery issue formed causing detonation over a 4-year period. I know this from experience, not from searching the internet and pretending to be a mechanic and listening to the vast world of opinions. I'm simply providing a real world explanation and it hurt the pocketbook. If you run e85 aggressively The tune isn't good enough without the right amount of fuel delivery. That's the main takeaway I learned from the guy who did the work on the Lincoln.

OP
OP
Ducati1098

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I caused a massive damage to my wife's 2019 Lincoln Nautilus that has the same 2.7 l Gen 2 motor running e85 in a tune on it, had the tune checked several times and was very conservative on timing. Even with a conservative tunw the engine was simply demanding more fuel than it was getting from the system. Rubber flaking was found in the intake manifold from hose degradation in slight timing/fuel delivery issue formed causing detonation over a 4-year period. I know this from experience, not from searching the internet and pretending to be a mechanic and listening to the vast world of opinions. I'm simply providing a real world explanation and it hurt the pocketbook. If you run e85 aggressively The tune isn't good enough without the right amount of fuel delivery. That's the main takeaway I learned from the guy who did the work on the Lincoln.
Well to start, no Lincoln Nautilus in the world got the Gen 2 2.7 which means it was direct injection only, not port and direct like the Bronco.
So the fuel system probably couldn't handle E85 to begin with. So it's starting to sound more like a tune or lack of knowledge about the vehicle issue more than a concern with running E85 alone.

Balt

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well to start, no Lincoln Nautilus in the world got the Gen 2 2.7 which means it was direct injection only, not port and direct like the Bronco.
So the fuel system probably couldn't handle E85 to begin with. So it's starting to sound more like a tune or lack of knowledge about the vehicle issue more than a concern with running E85 alone.
I don't really see why direct injection versus port injection is important here in this context but I would just be cautious. As far as I can tell the Gen 1 versus the Gen 2 application uses the same fuel pump and same rail pressures. If you're running e85 aggressively I would highly suggest getting a better fuel pump impossibly higher PSI injectors depending on what your application actually is. I mean you're already putting a ton of money into the boltons even if you're doing your own labor that adds up might as well get the full shebang. I think I'm going to do a 93 octane tune probably with a piggyback tuner, cAI and exhaust. Maybe one day I will get in to a larger intercooler and possibly down pipes and charge pipes.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ducati1098

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't really see why direct injection versus port injection is important here in this context but I would just be cautious. As far as I can tell the Gen 1 versus the Gen 2 application uses the same fuel pump and same rail pressures. If you're running e85 aggressively I would highly suggest getting a better fuel pump impossibly higher PSI injectors depending on what your application actually is. I mean you're already putting a ton of money into the boltons even if you're doing your own labor that adds up might as well get the full shebang. I think I'm going to do a 93 octane tune probably with a piggyback tuner, cAI and exhaust. Maybe one day I will get in to a larger intercooler and possibly down pipes and charge pipes.
There’s a huge difference between gen 1 and 2.
Gen 2 has a whole secondary port fuel system in addition to the direct injection, which is how it has plenty of fuel supply to support E85.
Gen 1 like your Nautilus doesn’t, which is why gen 1 2.7’s can only run ~E50 safely without upgrading the fuel system.

Regardless, I work on these for a living. So I think I know better than most people about any inherent risk of modification.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

wondering if when ZFG will put out a tune on the 2.3

OP
OP
Ducati1098

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

cynicalrider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Dumb question on tuning but if driven conservatively will it potentially yield better MPG's?

OP
OP
Ducati1098

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Dumb question on tuning but if driven conservatively will it potentially yield better MPG's?
I'm not sure. The tunes I run weren't really designed for that. But at the same time, I didn't really lose any MPG on the 93 tune. The E85 tune is obviously much worse, but that's also a trade off for cheaper fuel.
Maybe with a custom tune specifically targeting better gas mileage it would be possible. That would be a better question for ZFG.
Sponsored