Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In this thread we have celebrated people receiving tops from:

Ford
Anderson
TOR
Rally

Once someone gets an Armadillo top ADV will be officially last in the game. Dang
ricky-bobby-will-ferell.gif
Sponsored

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok! Just paid for @Turn Offroad hardtop. The original timeline was June, but it's arriving sooner! I had been waiting for the ADV hardtop for a while, but I canceled it today as they are still pushing the timeline (now it's the end of June). I'm not going to miss another season, watching my rack and rooftop tent sitting in the garage for another year...

Last edited:

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Until you get that refund or a top you have nothing so you're being shafted. As far as quality goes with no production tops to actually see there is no way to establish quality or design as fact. The people behind ADV have a proven history of Ponzie style schemes. It is an absolute fact they have pulled stunts like this before. The chances of anyone receiving an ADV production top at this point is very low. They'll keep taking 100% deposits from the uninformed make refunds to the informed who demand it and play the game till the train derails. At that point they close up and disappear to avoid the coming legal actions and after awhile reappear as a new company under a new name as these individuals behind ADV have done before.
Again, how is it being shafted when you can get a refund at ANY TIME? I got my refund and moved on. They screwed up but nobody got shafted.

WILDcardOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Again, how is it being shafted when you can get a refund at ANY TIME? I got my refund and moved on. They screwed up but nobody got shafted.
Yet.

But I agree, currently no one has been officially shafted yet.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not going to claim this is a fraudulent scheme (I just don't know), but in a ponzi scheme, the scheme itself eventually runs out of cash paying money back to customers. Generally, it's based on unrealistic or even impossible returns on investment, but also includes returning money invested or provided for services to prevent drawing attention.

In a payment scheme, the assumption is money is being spent (whether on running the company or extracting fraudulent income), so eventually the money to return cash can no longer be sustained. Bernie Madoff, for example, was caught when he could no longer make payments when the markets tanked and there was a run on his scheme. He also did return a lot of early investors money, some of which got clawed back by the bankruptcy courts.

So returning money is not indicative of lack of a scheme, and not necessarily that it's going to go badly when they don't make payments at some point. The point is, paying off the early investors or customers comes at the expense of the later ones, and it behooves a fraud scheme to placate those early investors/customers so that they don't raise an alarm and pull the scheme down.

If ADV never makes good on delivering enough of these tops to counterbalance the carry costs and other manufacturing/business costs, they could run out of funds to return. The question is, at what point and who decides it was a fraudulent scheme if that occurs?

Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In this thread we have celebrated people receiving tops from:

Ford
Anderson
TOR
Rally

Once someone gets an Armadillo top ADV will be officially last in the game. Dang
Armadillo has just fully updated their website with all new pics, descriptions, and info. It should not be long before I get that email saying my top is on the truck!

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Armadillo has just fully updated their website with all new pics, descriptions, and info. It should not be long before I get that email saying my top is on the truck!
Excited for you! Definitely looking forward to a thread giving us all the deets when you get it.

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'd say hanging on based on false promises from ADV for 2 years, when you could have placed an order elsewhere months ago and already have the top is kinda' getting shafted...

Eroc88

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With over 200 pages and still no hardtops, they should be banned from this forum altogether.

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm not going to claim this is a fraudulent scheme (I just don't know), but in a ponzi scheme, the scheme itself eventually runs out of cash paying money back to customers. Generally, it's based on unrealistic or even impossible returns on investment, but also includes returning money invested or provided for services to prevent drawing attention.

In a payment scheme, the assumption is money is being spent (whether on running the company or extracting fraudulent income), so eventually the money to return cash can no longer be sustained. Bernie Madoff, for example, was caught when he could no longer make payments when the markets tanked and there was a run on his scheme. He also did return a lot of early investors money, some of which got clawed back by the bankruptcy courts.

So returning money is not indicative of lack of a scheme, and not necessarily that it's going to go badly when they don't make payments at some point. The point is, paying off the early investors or customers comes at the expense of the later ones, and it behooves a fraud scheme to placate those early investors/customers so that they don't raise an alarm and pull the scheme down.

If ADV never makes good on delivering enough of these tops to counterbalance the carry costs and other manufacturing/business costs, they could run out of funds to return. The question is, at what point and who decides it was a fraudulent scheme if that occurs?
Kinda like Social Security. Take the money. Piss away the money. The scare everyone by telling them the money is all gone so they need to pay more money to get 10% of their money back.
If you live that long.

Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
At this point-actually much, much earlier, ADV is still falsely advertising that their tops are in a normal production cycle in which customers can expect the tops timely when ADV knows full well that is false. Unfortunately many customers in the general public that do not have the benefit of this site's thread and the cringe-worthy nature of ADV 's top selling program will ignorantly buy that BS from ADV. In my book ADV is shafting customers by taking deposits without truth in advertising, being non-responsive in customer communications and operating unethically. In my book, that is shafting unsuspecting customers and current customers who have been waiting endlessly for their product. I call it shafting, you call it whatever you want, and if not shafting, what one word would you use to describe it?

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At this point-actually much, much earlier, ADV is still falsely advertising that their tops are in a normal production cycle in which customers can expect the tops timely when ADV knows full well that is false. Unfortunately many customers in the general public that do not have the benefit of this site's thread and the cringe-worthy nature of ADV 's top selling program will ignorantly buy that BS from ADV. In my book ADV is shafting customers by taking deposits without truth in advertising, being non-responsive in customer communications and operating unethically. In my book, that is shafting unsuspecting customers and current customers who have been waiting endlessly for their product. I call it shafting, you call it whatever you want, and if not shafting, what one word would you use to describe it?
Thank you. You said exactly what I've been trying to point out.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also when you consider any advertisements they have and comments are made, they erase the ones that talk about tops not shipping for the last two years. Says they are only showing relevant comments.
Sponsored