Cased

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dune buggy
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am going to continue my “fools gambit” a bit longer , it’s gotten to be a slow moving car wreck with the delays.
Knowing full well that this could all go completely south and I will have no chance of recouping

Still I feel the ADV top is superior to other offers and for me it’s this or just buy a used mic

Of note when I saw the insulation gap at the rear corners on their install video I thought dam that’s bad ……..turns out there is an area for aftermarket Molle panels with threaded holes.

Not the first time betting on the long shot …..maybe this one hits
Sponsored

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am going to continue my “fools gambit” a bit longer , it’s gotten to be a slow moving car wreck with the delays.
Knowing full well that this could all go completely south and I will have no chance of recouping

Still I feel the ADV top is superior to other offers and for me it’s this or just buy a used mic

Of note when I saw the insulation gap at the rear corners on their install video I thought dam that’s bad ……..turns out there is an area for aftermarket Molle panels with threaded holes.

bold.jpg

MsPickles

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've just been following for a while, but honestly, this is pretty sad at this point. I see the people who ordered being strung along again and again.
A question has been in my mind about what they mean "final assembly"? I've seen the videos that a customer is to follow once they receive it:
Put on the rubber seals
Bolt the sides on
Install glass
Install wiper
Install headliner sticky stuff
So if the customer is doing what would normally be final assembly, what would they be doing? Unpacking components from over seas shipping container and repacking in cardboard boxes to ship out?
I was initially hyped about their one piece top when it was first announced. Thought it'd be a great option for me, since I never take the top off, and one solid piece seems stronger and no mid-panel leaks. Now, I'm not sure any more, even if they released them tomorrow. Now other vendors coming along, I'll most likely veer that way.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think we need some “My other top is an ADV” window stickers…
You make me one and I will rock it on my Rally Top and send them pictures.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've just been following for a while, but honestly, this is pretty sad at this point. I see the people who ordered being strung along again and again.
A question has been in my mind about what they mean "final assembly"? I've seen the videos that a customer is to follow once they receive it:
Put on the rubber seals
Bolt the sides on
Install glass
Install wiper
Install headliner sticky stuff
So if the customer is doing what would normally be final assembly, what would they be doing? Unpacking components from over seas shipping container and repacking in cardboard boxes to ship out?
I was initially hyped about their one piece top when it was first announced. Thought it'd be a great option for me, since I never take the top off, and one solid piece seems stronger and no mid-panel leaks. Now, I'm not sure any more, even if they released them tomorrow. Now other vendors coming along, I'll most likely veer that way.
Yeah the whole saga is pretty confusing. My fear would be they got them in and something is totally FUBAR. Turn beat them to market, Anderson seems to be ramping up production, Ford is now even offering MIC tops all before ADV shipped 1 top. Something is clearly wrong IMO.

Sponsored

2A_Actuary

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 Platinum, Audi R8 Spyder, Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I posted earlier this week (post #3046) that I finally hit the proverbial wall and requested a refund. I tried to keep it positive for as long as possible, but this company is a trainwreck. Excuse after excuse that even in realtime raise alarms.

As other have posted,
  1. Lame excuses about staffing shortages. That was a valid excuse at one point, but it doesn't take a Mensa member to fix that two years later.
  2. Waiting on final rubber. That seems to ebb and flow for nearly a year. I was often told "we now have all the parts" to then be told 4 months later "we're still waiting on XYZ". Nothing made sense.
  3. As Mr. Pickles mentioned - now in final assembly. While the phrase seems intuitive, I don't even know what means because they keep slipping the timelines.
  4. These magical "communications every 10 working days" which were the exact same email time after time.

A few months back I posted on their Facebook site and was basically admonished by the company that I had the audacity to complain about their superior product.

They ran my credit card on 3/2/2022. When I initially ordered, the expected wait was Sept-2022. I remember when they first pushed me back to Q1-2023 and I complained about a 3-month slip on a 6-month estimate. Little did I know that it was a precursor for excuse after excuse.

The one thing they did to well is they refunded my money within 1 business day and I did appreciate that.

I wish others luck in this journey.

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I posted earlier this week (post #3046) that I finally hit the proverbial wall and requested a refund. I tried to keep it positive for as long as possible, but this company is a trainwreck. Excuse after excuse that even in realtime raise alarms.

As other have posted,
  1. Lame excuses about staffing shortages. That was a valid excuse at one point, but it doesn't take a Mensa member to fix that two years later.
  2. Waiting on final rubber. That seems to ebb and flow for nearly a year. I was often told "we now have all the parts" to then be told 4 months later "we're still waiting on XYZ". Nothing made sense.
  3. As Mr. Pickles mentioned - now in final assembly. While the phrase seems intuitive, I don't even know what means because they keep slipping the timelines.
  4. These magical "communications every 10 working days" which were the exact same email time after time.

A few months back I posted on their Facebook site and was basically admonished by the company that I had the audacity to complain about their superior product.

They ran my credit card on 3/2/2022. When I initially ordered, the expected wait was Sept-2022. I remember when they first pushed me back to Q1-2023 and I complained about a 3-month slip on a 6-month estimate. Little did I know that it was a precursor for excuse after excuse.

The one thing they did to well is they refunded my money within 1 business day and I did appreciate that.

I wish others luck in this journey.
couldn't have put it better. I was told in my refund email that now that they have all the parts that shipments will start "soon". This surprised me because all correspondence indicated it was due to "labor shortage". In all fairness it might have been a labor shortage with one of their suppliers. I wonder if they posted the install videos on their website, until recently it still said "coming soon"--- a new customer might be put off by having to do the "final assembly". Its a shame because I really like and wanted the one piece. I'm calmly waiting for my updated delivery date for the tor top and happy to see all the positive reviews of the product and the company customer experience. My old bronco had the metal roof and the fiberglass cap and I never in the 20+years I had it ever experienced a leak- so I am looking forward to getting my 2 piece top.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The fact that there seems to be continued marketing around this hard top online, promoting orders, is something else that's very concerning.

If there's a serious issue/delay (which there obviously is), most companies would pull marketing to save the customer experience. Work on the solution, then re-start their marketing campaign.

Nope. Not here - "Everything is fine."

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
couldn't have put it better. I was told in my refund email that now that they have all the parts that shipments will start "soon". This surprised me because all correspondence indicated it was due to "labor shortage". In all fairness it might have been a labor shortage with one of their suppliers. I wonder if they posted the install videos on their website, until recently it still said "coming soon"--- a new customer might be put off by having to do the "final assembly". Its a shame because I really like and wanted the one piece. I'm calmly waiting for my updated delivery date for the tor top and happy to see all the positive reviews of the product and the company customer experience. My old bronco had the metal roof and the fiberglass cap and I never in the 20+years I had it ever experienced a leak- so I am looking forward to getting my 2 piece top.
just checked on their website and video and installation instructions 'COMING SOON ', hahahaha
that's 26months ago

Docindahouze

Base
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

But when will the RUBBER arrive?
Can't start FINAL ASSEMBLY without it...
Ford Bronco ADV Production Modular Hardtop! bold
We’re waiting on the top class premium rubber, we spared no expense good sir. We could have went with the cheap rubber but we don’t end up like those cheap rubber o-rings they used on space shuttle challenger now do we?

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is repeatedly saying they’re working “day and night” their way of admitting they’re working on components in China and America? Slick.

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the surface, the activity surrounding this top has the classic signs of a ponzi scheme. Except replace the phrase "investors" with "customer deposits." Also, rather than paying a return on investment or delivering actual product, I think they're just rolling customer deposit money (and robbing Peter's deposit to refund Paul's).

Ford Bronco ADV Production Modular Hardtop! 1000019452

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How do you know their top is superior to others when nobodies actually seen a production version? Why are there people who have no clue when they're being shafted in when it's right in their face?