Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

well, a couple of weeks ago I was told mid late may (early batch one). I was just waiting on when they would start pushing it back.
ITS GONNA BE THE TOR TOP FOR ME IN THIS RACE.
especially when Todd sends out the revised shipping schedules reflecting the increased capacity.

Quite frankly I don't understand the fuckups with delivering these tops. Ford isn't making acceptable MIC tops from what i see , so people are getting the soft tops and are going to the aftermarket. 10 20 thousand per month. why hasn't anyone really jumped on this hard. I don't understand it, the market is there
Agreed. I work in construction so my biggest thing is transparency and communication. As previously mentioned, the beta top is awesome that my friend has. Unfortunately, ADV hasn't been able to ship any tops out to first batch reservation holders. If they had communicated better and mentioned that they needed to take the production overseas (safe to assume that at this point from this thread), no issue with me if they just kept customers in the loop about what was going on.

I preordered the ADV within the first minute of the window opening so I am a very very early reservation holder. But if the date gets shifted one more time (or if Armadillo Designs gives me a real date), I'll request my refund and order the Armadillo. I actually like the soft top but my wife hates how noisy it is. This video (at about the 5 min mark) is what sold me on the Armadillo top as plan B. Sounds like the noise level is insanely reduced and I can't even tell from the video if the top at that point had a liner.

Sponsored

nickyp1020

Badlands
First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, it's complete fluff. ADV spends more time fabricating updates than they do hardtops.

They aren't shipping hardtops to beta testers, they are buying time like I've mentioned in several posts.
they got my review taken down all together

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wheel with one of the testers so I get to see the ADV one in person and see how it’s held up and I am impressed. I also like the look of the adv one the best out of all of the options , but the armadillo designs square back one is starting to grow on me too. The obvious struggle adv has had is getting a first batch of hard tops out to customers to restore faith.
I have been really impressed with what the ADV tops look like as well. But everyone needs to keep in mind, those "Beta" tops were built in house. Nobody has seen a mass produced China version yet. Heck, that is most likely the holdup in that the China tops came out like crap. So if you are holding out based on what they have posted you may or may not get the same quality. Sad that they can obviously produce a good top in house yet refuse to do so all to squeeze every last penny out of everyone.

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been really impressed with what the ADV tops look like as well. But everyone needs to keep in mind, those "Beta" tops were built in house. Nobody has seen a mass produced China version yet. Heck, that is most likely the holdup in that the China tops came out like crap. So if you are holding out based on what they have posted you may or may not get the same quality. Sad that they can obviously produce a good top in house yet refuse to do so all to squeeze every last penny out of everyone.
Very true. I know the armadillo guys are right now at the Super Cel, but I had already emailed them with some questions including lead time. so we'll see.

Sponsored

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gas will be 50 cents a gallon before ADV delivers a top to anybody.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

After waiting patiently for a few months for my white TOR top, finding out here they are not making them, ordered my Anderson white top today.

Local dealer is telling me a few weeks not months. We shall see.

Good luck to any ADV holdouts.
And that's the thing, If Anderson really does have tops on the ground right now, ready to go, you're just looking at shipping. I don't know how many white tops were in the batch they had made that mine was in, but they apparently had a few.

Another plus from Anderson, since it's a 1:1 of OEM, if you need to replace anything you can go to Ford. Nothing is custom made or hiding in a warehouse in China somewhere. Ford has all the parts. Go to your local dealer and get all the stuff you need.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
And that's the thing, If Anderson really does have tops on the ground right now, ready to go, you're just looking at shipping. I don't know how many white tops were in the batch they had made that mine was in, but they apparently had a few.

Another plus from Anderson, since it's a 1:1 of OEM, if you need to replace anything you can go to Ford. Nothing is custom made or hiding in a warehouse in China somewhere. Ford has all the parts. Go to your local dealer and get all the stuff you need.
"Another plus from Anderson, since it's a 1:1 of OEM, if you need to replace anything you can go to Ford."

Question about that. Is it just dimensions that are same as OEM? Or materials also?

The OEM outer skin seems a key concern in terms of cracking and robustness. Does Anderson use some other material or thickness compared to OEM?

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"Another plus from Anderson, since it's a 1:1 of OEM, if you need to replace anything you can go to Ford."

Question about that. Is it just dimensions that are same as OEM? Or materials also?

The OEM outer skin seems a key concern in terms of cracking and robustness. Does Anderson use some other material or thickness compared to OEM?
Just the dimensions, glass, and wiper/defrost. The rest is different

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anderson is fiberglass, unless you're a baller and order the carbon fiber. It's all on their site. It's not the same materials as the OEM MIC top. They do use the same glass, and fittings and j-hooks and clamps, etc etc

B_Wagon136

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is the exact point I was getting ready to make. At this point do the beta tops even offer a shred of evidence as to what actual order-holders are going to be receiving? Certainly doesn't seem like it. Is there a beta-top owner out there that would sell theirs lol?

Granite Gorge

Big Bend
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 23 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I canceled my ADV 1st day order Nov. 1st 2023 why? I didn't want it delivered during the Winter. Now it's almost May and they still haven't shipped anything. Now that I'm smarter I'm waiting for a Tan colored top from Rally ordered Feb. told it should ship May - June. Wish I had ordered a Rally top in 22.
Sponsored