Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I canceled my ADV 1st day order Nov. 1st 2023 why? I didn't want it delivered during the Winter. Now it's almost May and they still haven't shipped anything. Now that I'm smarter I'm waiting for a Tan colored top from Rally ordered Feb. told it should ship May - June. Wish I had ordered a Rally top in 22.
I just ordered a Rally Top myself and it should be ready in September.
Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Armadillo has been making the rounds to show the tops to 3rd party shops, and potential customers. Pretty smart actually as the ramp-up times will not be nearly as long as now they have everything worked out and just need to produce and ship.

I have been on board for a while, and I am excited to finally come to the end and get my top on Jessabelle.

Those molle panels are looking really good as well.. 474 for both inner and outer on both sides is not bad.

Sponsored

newsman9

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer said The AC white top is NOT a match, and was careful to make sure I wasn't trying to color match to a white Bronco when I finalized my order. It's a white-white for sure.

How do I know? I also installed mine yesterday, and it was indeed pretty painless (getting the soft top off was most of the work). Rush hour in Houston was blissfully quiet this morning - I had gotten so used to the ambient city noise with the softie that it felt like I was driving a Rolls (minor exaggeration there).

I'm almost embarrassed to add that it was almost two months on the nose from order date to delivery date, which BMC Extreme Customs said was the fastest they'd seen. He hypothesized I got in just in time to make it into this first white batch, so I think my experience isn't necessarily a "new normal". After the Ford MIC debacle, the ADV version of Waiting for Godot and TURN deciding not to produce white tops — not to mention waiting nearly three years for my vehicle itself — I'll take it.

20240415_180516.jpg

20240415_180451.jpg

20240415_180501.jpg

20240415_180603.jpg
UPDATE: Still riding quietly with no adjustments needed since install. One thing that vexed me a little about the AC top, at least mine, was that it was a real chore getting the targa tops on and off, because lining up the pin toward the middle over the windshield seemed impossible.

Then I figured out all I had to do was apply a little pressure, essentially pull the front-center latch of each top toward me and inward and they both slide right in and out now. Could just be my setup, but FYI.

PatioDaddio78

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon XL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How long did it take from getting the email and ordering to delivering? Was it delivered to you or the dealer?
I ordered it April 11. Installed April 22. I had it delivered to the dealer and they installed it for 300 bucks. Install saved me the hassle having to run to the dump and get rid of the crate. It comes in that I guess is huge.
How long did it take from getting the email and ordering to delivering? Was it delivered to you or the dealer?
I ordered it April 11. Installed April 22. I had it delivered to the dealer and they installed it for 300 bucks. Install saved me the hassle having to run to the dump and get rid of the crate. It comes in that I guess is huge.

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks! Did they remove the soft top as a part of that work?

Brisco2

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F350 XLT, 2018 Ford E350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@newsman9

I just ordered a white Anderson top from Bruno at BMC Extreme Customs of NJ on Friday.

Same company? Did they take care of you?

UPDATE: Still riding quietly with no adjustments needed since install. One thing that vexed me a little about the AC top, at least mine, was that it was a real chore getting the targa tops on and off, because lining up the pin toward the middle over the windshield seemed impossible.

Then I figured out all I had to do was apply a little pressure, essentially pull the front-center latch of each top toward me and inward and they both slide right in and out now. Could just be my setup, but FYI.

Sponsored

PhilCharnas

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@newsman9

I just ordered a white Anderson top from Bruno at BMC Extreme Customs of NJ on Friday.

Same company? Did they take care of you?
Congratulations! You will love it. I also ordered mine from Bruno at BMC and it was great customer service and communication start to finish.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I canceled my ADV 1st day order Nov. 1st 2023 why? I didn't want it delivered during the Winter. Now it's almost May and they still haven't shipped anything. Now that I'm smarter I'm waiting for a Tan colored top from Rally ordered Feb. told it should ship May - June. Wish I had ordered a Rally top in 22.
At one point I researched Rally, but it didn't seem there was much to reference. I didn't find a lot to support sending them money. Hopefully they work out and it's a good top.

PatioDaddio78

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon XL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I removed it. We have had

Nope. I removed and stored in my garage. No room for two tops on one bronco.
Thanks! I just wondered if it was included to $300 or you had to do it by yourself.

And one more question. What is the year of your bronco? Trying to estimate my place in the line :)

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Can you imagine if a refresh would make the ADV incompatible?
You know when you're having an argument and you think of the perfect response to something, but 3 days later? That's ADV showing up with a functional hardtop after the fact.
Sponsored