Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Question for people holding out on the ADV...why?

I'm curious as to the reason. Genuinely curious. I ask because I was a hold out on the Anderson Composite hard top and it was because of the OEM appearance and the white color. I was originally interested in the ADV when they announced, but when it had the slant I was out. I was interested in the Armadillo and then when they went with their very exaggerated slant (fastback) I was out, their price is very high too. Turn offroad came to market and I had already placed the order for Anderson, but it didn't have the look I wanted and again not in white. So I was holding out for Anderson for specific reasons. So I'm genuinely curious why people are still waiting?
For me my specific wants are, black, smoother finish, I want to keep the “T-tops” but the rest be one piece for ease of removal. I have a toplift that should lift the larger back piece fine and I can handle the t top panels myself plus I have the bags from ford for those panels still. That big middle piece is a pain and Anderson has a single front piece right? Also I’d ideally get away from the cardboard honeycomb interior if possible.

Edit: after reading some others maybe Anderson does have the split front panel and it’s just not shown on the photos.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For me my specific wants are, black, smoother finish, I want to keep the “T-tops” but the rest be one piece for ease of removal. I have a toplift that should lift the larger back piece fine and I can handle the t top panels myself plus I have the bags from ford for those panels still. That big middle piece is a pain and Anderson has a single front piece right? Also I’d ideally get away from the cardboard honeycomb interior if possible.
Anderson is does not have a single front piece. They are a 1:1 OEM. They have a split design freedom panel just like OEM. The only solid piece is the middle panel that is the same as OEM.

if “smooth” is a factor, they offer a primered version you can get and take to a local shop and get painted in any color and finish you want. I believe @BroncoBoy22 did exactly this.

WILDcardOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anderson is does not have a single front piece. They are a 1:1 OEM. They have a split design freedom panel just like OEM. The only solid piece is the middle panel that is the same as OEM.

if “smooth” is a factor, they offer a primered version you can get and take to a local shop and get painted in any color and finish you want. I believe @BroncoBoy22 did exactly this.
Just saw that on another comment about the split. That’s confusing with their photos. But yeah sure that’s cool with the primer but then I’m adding even more cost having heard some crazy quotes on painting. My main desire is the split top front and the rest one piece because single person removal becomes far smoother and I don’t have to worry about damaging my Bronco or the top removing the mid section alone. If ADV falls through entirely or I get fed up enough I’ll consider it but idk. I have a preorder for TO as well but I just don’t like the cheaper hardware and the ugly badging (even if it’s going to have an option later on to cover it)

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just saw that on another comment about the split. That’s confusing with their photos. But yeah sure that’s cool but then I’m adding even more cost. My main desire is the split top front and the rest one piece because single person removal becomes far smoother and I don’t have to worry about damaging my Bronco or the top removing the mid section alone. If ADV falls through entirely or I get fed up enough I’ll consider it but idk. I have a preorder for TO as well but I just don’t like the cheaper hardware and the ugly badging (even if it’s going to have an option later on to cover it)
fair enough, and I’m not affiliated in any way with anyone. I’m just saying “I have one, and others do to, we can answer questions. Don’t be left in the dark. And don’t be left holding the back when the vaporware evaporates…” I wanna see all my Bronco buddies happy with their Broncos!

WILDcardOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

fair enough, and I’m not affiliated in any way with anyone. I’m just saying “I have one, and others do to, we can answer questions. Don’t be left in the dark. And don’t be left holding the back when the vaporware evaporates…” I wanna see all my Bronco buddies happy with their Broncos!
Oh I get it and appreciate it, and think about it all the time. I watch all the videos of people getting their AC and TO tops and see if I can talk myself into it each time I see another. I love all the extra info and insight and knowing that’s not a single front piece helps a lot to give me another option.

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup! Couldn’t agree more! I just hope everyone winds up with a top they like at a reasonable price

woodsman44

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just saw that on another comment about the split. That’s confusing with their photos. But yeah sure that’s cool with the primer but then I’m adding even more cost having heard some crazy quotes on painting. My main desire is the split top front and the rest one piece because single person removal becomes far smoother and I don’t have to worry about damaging my Bronco or the top removing the mid section alone. If ADV falls through entirely or I get fed up enough I’ll consider it but idk. I have a preorder for TO as well but I just don’t like the cheaper hardware and the ugly badging (even if it’s going to have an option later on to cover it)
The ugly badging and cheap hardware is what is keeping me away from TOR at this time......

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The ugly badging and cheap hardware is what is keeping me away from TOR at this time......
A badge that can be removed or covered easily??

Also, what’s so cheap about the hardware?

WILDcardOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The spot for the badge isn’t gonna be removed. I don’t just want a black spot in there. And I just personally feel the little latches (while functional, I will admit) are chintzy and when compared to OEM look not as good. Sorry I’m an aesthetic person when it comes to my vehicles and want it to look how I like. I don’t think that’s a bad thing. I still thing TOR has done and continues to do great work all around. They just missed a couple of things that would’ve made it a home run for me, and that’s ok because lots of other people like it still.

Sorry just read you were replying to the other guy, but my answer still applies for me.

Last edited:

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The spot for the badge isn’t gonna be removed. I don’t just want a black spot in there. And I just personally feel the little latches (while functional, I will admit) are chintzy and when compared to OEM look not as good. Sorry I’m an aesthetic person when it comes to my vehicles and want it to look how I like. I don’t think that’s a bad thing. I still thing TOR has done and continues to do great work all around. They just missed a couple of things that would’ve made it a home run for me, and that’s ok because lots of other people like it still.

Sorry just read you were replying to the other guy, but my answer still applies for me.
I was concerned with the latches too, but now that I have the hard top, I feel much better about them. Sure, they don't look like the OEM ones, but they work extremely well and are very easily adjustable. Plus, you don't even see them they blend in so well with the black headliner.

To each their own, but I was a skeptic too until I received the hard top.

Sponsored

WILDcardOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was concerned with the latches too, but now that I have the hard top, I feel much better about them. Sure, they don't look like the OEM ones, but they work extremely well and are very easily adjustable. Plus, you don't even see them they blend in so well with the black headliner.

To each their own, but I was a skeptic too until I received the hard top.
I mean I don’t have it ruled out, I personally have a pre order. It’s just a personal preference and I’ll be taking it on and off plenty so if I don’t like them it will annoy me more often. I know I could get used to it I just don’t want to have to. It just holds me back just enough..

woodsman44

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Why should I have to remove and cover the ugly badging?

Dont get me wrong, its a well put together top with fantastic warranty but Im not into their badging at all....I like the Anderson and OEM because of the clean look

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why should I have to remove and cover the ugly badging?

Dont get me wrong, its a well put together top with fantastic warranty but Im not into their badging at all....I like the Anderson and OEM because of the clean look
Same reasoning I've de-badged a vehicle - I liked the vehicle, but could care less about the branding 🤷‍♂️

Either way, doesn't matter to me. I just find it interesting that a decal would turn people off a product. I know they're making alternative things that can be mounted there instead of their logo, so it'll be interesting to see what they come up with as options.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it update week this week or next?

Seeing ADV post on the update on google reviews a few days ago has me hoping the ones here on B6G holding out will be getting their top soon!

98asdb3yyplk8sz77bxbnr1&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200w.gif

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is it update week this week or next?

Seeing ADV post on the update on google reviews a few days ago has me hoping the ones here on B6G holding out will be getting their top soon!

Ford Bronco ADV Production Modular Hardtop! 98asdb3yyplk8sz77bxbnr1&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200w
I'm lost, couldn't find anything. what did you see and where . please get me out of suspense, what was said.
Sponsored