Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Blazer
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

2023 2Door

My hardtop has a significant air leak between the passenger side panel and the rear / main top. Enough that I can feel the air push through it while driving, not to mention additional wind noise. It’s worse on cold days. So on the first warm day I had after I picked it up I attempted to open it all up / remove the front panels and check the bulb seals. This is not new…

Well here’s a new one.

The passenger side roof panel won’t come off. Ha! It has some kind of conflict within the registration pin. All the locking mechanisms function normally. I was able to lift the passenger panel up slightly without removing it and gently push the rear main seal on the main / rear top in a bit more, as it did not appear to be straight. This helped the wind incursion noise slightly but did not eliminate the issue.

Granted I’ve only tried to take it off twice, so grand total of approx 10 minutes of tinkering. Driver’s side comes right off as prescribed. Passenger side? Nope. I don’t want to force it so it is what it is until I have time to have it looked at by a local dealer.

Has anyone experienced this?
I just tried my panels on my 2024 HE 2-door and my passenger panel is giving me the same grief. I will also be working with the dealership to resolve.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The pin is getting stuck?
Give it the old Hawk Tuah and lube it up!

Works on gaskets too!!!

Ford Bronco 2Door hardtop panel won’t come off 1719795832403-05

OP
OP
Ramble_Offroad

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just tried my panels on my 2024 HE 2-door and my passenger panel is giving me the same grief. I will also be working with the dealership to resolve.
My local dealer adjusted the latch point above the visor and it didn’t help. Then the roof panel was replaced and that did the trick.
Good luck.