Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's no contradiction here.

ac·ro·nym
  1. an abbreviation formed from the initial letters of other words and pronounced as a word (e.g. ASCII, NASA ).
BBQ is short for Barbeque, which is a bastardization of the word Barbacoa. You used all caps to abbreviate one word, hence you sir, have commited contradiction.
Sponsored

Classic28

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In my instance I did what a lot of people on here didn’t recommend. I have a ‘22 badlands, manual with the sasquatch package. It gave me the look and capability (yes I’ve had it off road) right off the lot. In the last month I have swapped in the Eibach pro truck coilovers, jba upper control arms, and a core4x4 track bar. Plan a swap to 37’s once the Goodyears wear out. Yes it could’ve been done for cheaper, getting a lower model then doing the suspension upgrades after but this is what I wanted so I said screw it. I’m gonna sell my sasquatch suspension to recoup some costs. Btw the Eibachs are really nice, they soak up the bumps better then the factory suspension imo.

OP
OP
Agswin

Agswin

First Edition
First Name
Ardi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Hennessey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
In my instance I did what a lot of people on here didn’t recommend. I have a ‘22 badlands, manual with the sasquatch package. It gave me the look and capability (yes I’ve had it off road) right off the lot. In the last month I have swapped in the Eibach pro truck coilovers, jba upper control arms, and a core4x4 track bar. Plan a swap to 37’s once the Goodyears wear out. Yes it could’ve been done for cheaper, getting a lower model then doing the suspension upgrades after but this is what I wanted so I said screw it. I’m gonna sell my sasquatch suspension to recoup some costs.
But isn't the suspension the same on the 24 BL, whether you get SAS or not?

Classic28

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not the one to answer that for you because I’m not sure. I know on the ‘22’s it was not. The sas had an extra 1” of height iirc.

OP
OP
Agswin

Agswin

First Edition
First Name
Ardi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Hennessey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What made you go with the Eibcahs and how is the ride compared to the Billsteins?

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No. Many of the components, including the all-important steering rack, are the same, but they're not just swapping out gears and wheels and tires. There is a difference in suspension height.

OP
OP
Agswin

Agswin

First Edition
First Name
Ardi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Hennessey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
No. Many of the components, including the all-important steering rack, are the same, but they're not just swapping out gears and wheels and tires. There is a difference in suspension height.
Got it, but if getting a new suspension anyway then the difference is gears and fender flares am I correct?

Classic28

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What made you go with the Eibcahs and how is the ride compared to the Billsteins?
A fellow member who I’ve wheeled with has them and he really liked the ride. Also panda motorsports had a deal about a month back and I jumped on it. The ride is a little more squishy then the bilsteins, you get more rocking forward when braking hard. I haven’t been off road with them yet but just driving around town they take speed humps at speed better then the bilsteins did.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got it, but if getting a new suspension anyway then the difference is gears and fender flares am I correct?
The Non-SaS comes with the 4.46 gears in the Badlands. Those are plenty enough to run 37's. I have traveled, and off-road with those gears and I have Zero issues. I am also modded with quite a bit of other performance goodies and they all work together to make for a very nice performance. .

As for doing your suspension, it is a matter of having a shop that knows what the heck they are doing, and as I said earlier, getting a suspension that will work with what you will use the vehicle for.

As you have read in this thread, some people had a SaS and still ended up redoing the suspension. If you plan it out and know what you want to achieve, then it is worth not buying the SaS and doing the suspension the way you want it set up. As with most things, the aftermarket is a very good option for the Bronco. I would say the only suspension I would not touch OEM is the BRaptor setup and the 24 Wildtrack setup. All others are on the table.

Sponsored

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like you want street comfort, nice interior, and are willing to spend some $$ and only ever expect to do light wheeling.

May I direct you to Range Rover Defender my good gentleman.
Minus the snarky inflection, the Defender 2 -door with the V8 is badass. Not a bad option if you can afford it.

Herewegoagain

Badlands
First Name
Maxemus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So here is where I am at, would love others input as it has been awhile since I have had a truck.

After researching the Hoss 3.0 and reading your comments, I will never be doing high speed desert off roading. I may be doing Moab/Big Bend sort of things, light trails, small boulders etc. It appears the WT is designed for high speed Baja.

My only real concern is street comfort (I know the Bronco is not built for comfort but also don't want it to ride like a Wrangler) and being able to fit 37's.

The only thing I am "missing" from a 24 Badlands build to a 23/24 WT is the Hoss 3.0 and the price difference in those builds for me is $3820 MSRP.

My thoughts are that I want the 24 Badlands, mostly because of the new interior and the upgraded front parts that are standard. Read that the Bilsteins are more for rock crawling too. And if the Bilsteins aren't comfy enough then I can get the Eibachs for $1900 or something nicer for $4000 right?

So the 2nd question is that if I do get the 24 BL, do I get the SAS on the 24 for an extra $3245? The only thing I would be getting is the 4.7, diff wheels/tires and slightly different fenders correct? So for me it is really just the 4.7 and fenders if I am keeping them since wheels/tires will be replaced.

Quote Reply
Don't get the SAS. Use the money to get real good quality after market stuff. Especially the shocks!!! They suck !

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Similar. Both Bilstein ESCV shocks, but the Sasquatch Bilsteins have a longer bump stop to prevent the 315's from contacting the fenders, while the non Squatch Badlands gets around 3/8" longer travel from the "special" Bilstein shocks.
Height difference between BL and any Squatch is 0.47". Something insignificant.

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hear me out. Get the manual. 4.7 gears. And boogie.
Sponsored