First Name
Ardi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Hennessey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So here is where I am at, would love others input as it has been awhile since I have had a truck.

After researching the Hoss 3.0 and reading your comments, I will never be doing high speed desert off roading. I may be doing Moab/Big Bend sort of things, light trails, small boulders etc. It appears the WT is designed for high speed Baja.

My only real concern is street comfort (I know the Bronco is not built for comfort but also don't want it to ride like a Wrangler) and being able to fit 37's.

The only thing I am "missing" from a 24 Badlands build to a 23/24 WT is the Hoss 3.0 and the price difference in those builds for me is $3820 MSRP.

My thoughts are that I want the 24 Badlands, mostly because of the new interior and the upgraded front parts that are standard. Read that the Bilsteins are more for rock crawling too. And if the Bilsteins aren't comfy enough then I can get the Eibachs for $1900 or something nicer for $4000 right?

So the 2nd question is that if I do get the 24 BL, do I get the SAS on the 24 for an extra $3245? The only thing I would be getting is the 4.7, diff wheels/tires and slightly different fenders correct? So for me it is really just the 4.7 and fenders if I am keeping them since wheels/tires will be replaced.

Quote Reply
Sponsored

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same dilemma here and I realized that a Badlands is built the way it is for a reason. If youre going to Sasq, then consider a cheaper model like the Black Diamond that will be the same thing except with blue interior (which subjectively looks better i.m.o.) and call it a day. You wont get the front sway-bar disco, but if your not rock crawling then it doesn't matter, if you are rock crawling then the Badlands with no Sasq has better articulation and you should get that anyway.

I went Badlands no sas and have no regerts, I didn't see the value in spending the extra money for a rig that has less articulation and higher priced tire changes. My $0.02

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Words matter, SAS typically means Solid Axle Swap but it sounds like you’re asking how to get a Bronco to ride more like a Lexus.

Seems like an odd post that if you truly have a 2021 Bronco Hennessy in your stable, then $$$ is not an issue and if your plan is to throw away the majority of factory suspension pieces in favor of upgrades and only plan to wheel mildly, then save the cost of factory upgrades and use the $$$ to apply towards the aftermarket stuff. Doesn’t seem to make sense to pay twice for the same components. 🤷‍♂️

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think the non Sas Badlands is the perfect Bronco. But if you plan on getting 35s or 37s anyway you might as well bet the Sas for the little extra lift and gearing. If you intend on lifting and regearing yourself, get the non Sas.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
In 2021 the Ford hyped the Wildtrak as the "high-speed dessert runner", it offered nothing mechanically that couldn't be had in any other trim including the Base. At least today you get a set of shocks for the premium price.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Agswin

Agswin

First Edition
First Name
Ardi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Hennessey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thought SAS meant Sasquatch, as I have read that term in here to mean that.

HAD a Bronco Hennessey. Sold it when Raptor prices started to drop to the price I bought it for and after realizing that Hennessey are a bunch of crooks that don't back their warranty (ask me why they don't offer the Big Brake upgrade on the Broncos anymore)

You are right on the sasquatch package, price is not worth it for just the 4.7 rear, thanks

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thought SAS meant Sasquatch, as I have read that term in here to mean that.

HAD a Bronco Hennessey. Sold it when Raptor prices started to drop to the price I bought it for and after realizing that Hennessey are a bunch of crooks that don't back their warranty (ask me why they don't offer the Big Brake upgrade on the Broncos anymore)

You are right on the sasquatch package, price is not worth it for just the 4.7 rear, thanks
For 30+ years SAS meant solid-axle-swap, the Gen6 Bronco changed all that.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 21 Badlands non SAS. I did an aftermarket suspension setup because I wanted 37's, The great thing about the Badlands trim is that you will get all the features, AND the gearing, just no 35's. I added a full Fabtech system, and Discover STT Pro's on Rhino Rapids along with a long list of other things. See Sig.

With the 24, you will get the upgraded steering rack, which is what all look to replace nowadays. Grab yourself a set of (*your brand) tie rods and you are good to go.

So quick recap, get the 24, get the updated interior, get the 4.46 gears and the disco, get the full skid plates, and get the 3.0 steering rack. Take the extra money saved and buy whatever lift and tires/rim you want. You now have a RIG that will be able to do anything you toss at it, and done your way. Winning.

OP
OP
Agswin

Agswin

First Edition
First Name
Ardi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Hennessey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a 21 Badlands non SAS. I did an aftermarket suspension setup because I wanted 37's, The great thing about the Badlands trim is that you will get all the features, AND the gearing, just no 35's. I added a full Fabtech system, and Discover STT Pro's on Rhino Rapids along with a long list of other things. See Sig.

With the 24, you will get the upgraded steering rack, which is what all look to replace nowadays. Grab yourself a set of (*your brand) tie rods and you are good to go.

So quick recap, get the 24, get the updated interior, get the 4.46 gears and the disco, get the full skid plates, and get the 3.0 steering rack. Take the extra money saved and buy whatever lift and tires/rim you want. You now have a RIG that will be able to do anything you toss at it, and done your way. Winning.
Got it and thanks. So, IF the Bilsteins are too stiff, what are my options and do those options essentially help with ride quality? For instance, your Fabtech did you buy that for ride quality or something else? Why are the eibachs $1900 and the KIngs $4000?

This brings up another question, why not get an OBX or Black Diamond if one is going to redo suspension? Do the lower trims have the skid plates, 3.0 rack, 4.46 gears etc?

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Go squatch, BadSquatch or WT. It seems like you just want larger tires and that's going to be your easiest path.

I would also suggest a BD Squatch if you want MGV interior and don't plan on using the electronic disco. However, it seems most people that thread dump these questions on this forum feel the need to spend money and have proof. So, get a Wildtrak?

Rumbloki

Badlands
First Name
Alton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, 1973 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got it and thanks. So, IF the Bilsteins are too stiff, what are my options and do those options essentially help with ride quality? For instance, your Fabtech did you buy that for ride quality or something else? Why are the eibachs $1900 and the KIngs $4000?

This brings up another question, why not get an OBX or Black Diamond if one is going to redo suspension? Do the lower trims have the skid plates, 3.0 rack, 4.46 gears etc?
In 21 the Badlands was a very nice off-road trim. The different models have different available options now. The Wildtrack now is considered more of an option than a Badlands. In truth, I am not sure how Ford is doing these setups and where they stand next to each other.

I cannot comment on the Blistien because I did not really ride on them. I went straight to modding the suspension. The Kings are more money than the Eibachs because the Kings are a fully featured Off-Road shock that is also nice for ride comfort. Same as Fabtech.

You sort of need to do a bit of research and decide how I will use the vehicle, what travel I want, what comfort level I want, how much lift, what size tires/rims, and come up with what is best for you. Kings, Icon, Fox, Fabtech, and some others I may missing are all good setups. It comes down to $$ spent and what you want from the system. I chose the Fabtech because they are really good off-road, but have great manners and comfort on the road. I do not rockcrawl so that was not a concern. I could with my setup, but I live in S.FL. We have a lot of mud, no MTs. :)

OP
OP
Agswin

Agswin

First Edition
First Name
Ardi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Hennessey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Go squatch, BadSquatch or WT. It seems like you just want larger tires and that's going to be your easiest path.

I would also suggest a BD Squatch if you want MGV interior and don't plan on using the electronic disco. However, it seems most people that thread dump these questions on this forum feel the need to spend money and have proof. So, get a Wildtrak?
Don't like WT interior. I can get the MGV interior without the Sasquatch package. $3200 seems to be too much money for a 5% higher gearing ratio, no?

Mojave Norte

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4WD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Buying a Bronco without SQ pkg is almost criminal
And '24 SQ includes the HOSS 3.0 steering rack

Trying to replicate SQ pkg with some aftermarket lift kit is silly. You'll never get all the suspension engineering/tuning Ford has put into the SQ Broncos. And your local 4WD shop could make a total mess of it. Then whaddaya have - way too many headaches

Adding 37's is very easy once you have a Bronco w SQ pkg
Sponsored