Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Performance’ Insane Bronco DR Is Wild And Race Ready
https://www.offroadxtreme.com/features/ford-performance-insane-bronco-dr-is-wild-and-race-ready/

Ford Bronco 2023 SEMA Build Race Off Road Bronco DR For Sale $400K USD thomasstahler.thumbnail

By TOM STAHLER NOVEMBER 28, 2023
The Ford Bronco DR poses like a classic statue with a badass stance in the showroom of Peoria Ford in Arizona, one of America’s highest-volume Ford Dealerships. It stands as a culmination of stunning engineering and quality factory parts in a living, breathing-proof book. The Bronco DR is a solid, modern SCORE-compliant, factory off-road racing behemoth — and already sold out, limited to just 50.
Ford Bronco 2023 SEMA Build Race Off Road Bronco DR For Sale $400K USD sane-bronco-dr-2023-11-23_11-27-56_737405-1440x960

Ready to race from the dealer floor. The Ford Performance Bronco DR. (Pat Hickey)
This particular Bronco DR is owned by Peoria Ford Managing partner, Patrick Hickey, a bit of a local celebrity in the Phoenix Valley. The Peoria Ford dealership is noted for special-interest allotments including Shelby Mustangs and Trucks, Dark Horse Mustangs, and Raptor Rs at a very nice clip. He is excited to have his rare factory off-road machine gracing and attracting attention in the car-buying area of the dealership.
Ford Bronco DR Initial Inspection
Casual observation reveals a well-thought-out off-road racing machine. Built on a production four-door Bronco frame and powered by a 5.0 Liter Coyote mated to the standard issue 10-speed automatic, the Bronco DR showcases its independent electronically locking front and rear 4.70:1 differentials from a stock Ford electronic shift-on-the-fly transfer case.
Ford Bronco 2023 SEMA Build Race Off Road Bronco DR For Sale $400K USD ane-bronco-dr-2023-11-23_11-28-09_156473-1440x1919

Billet Aluminum lower control arms. However, past that, stock Bronco parts. (Pat Hickey)
The upper front suspension A-arms are production-Bronco while a billet aluminum lower control arms and a forward section of chassis stiffening, cut from the rear rollover frame of the production Bronco, are visible in the front wheel wells. The rear axle is stock F-150, giving the DR a widened track of 73.3 inches. The brakes are Alcon calipers and discs with race-compound pads.
Though Hickey says they are stored away, the regular 37-inch BF Goodrich Mud Terrain tires have given way to a wheel-tire kit of KMC Wheels and 37-inch Goodyear Wranglers specifically fitted for the 2023 SEMA Show.
Patrick Hickey, Managing Partner of Peoria Ford
Ford Bronco 2023 SEMA Build Race Off Road Bronco DR For Sale $400K USD nsane-bronco-dr-2023-11-23_11-27-51_681780-960x640

Patrick Hickey, Managing Partner of Peoria Ford, is an avid Car Collector and recently added the DR to his arsenal. (Highline Autos)
“This is a great acquisition to display at the store. I am well known for performance offerings and this bad boy has taken center stage,” said Hickey. A success story himself, Hickey started on the car sales floor more than 40 years ago. He leveraged his prowess into a decade of ownership of two top Ford dealerships. He is also an avid car collector.
There is a significant percentage of America’s off-roaders in Arizona, and in large numbers are Bronco and F-Series pickup customers as well. Hickey has capitalized on bringing these customers great offerings while employing more than 300 people in the Northwest Phoenix Valley. Hickey proclaims, “Our staff is our core and is here to serve.”

2023 Bronco BR Limited-Edition Bronco DR Off Road Race Vehicle

You know you need it and want it! Wish I could afford it.

https://classifieds.race-dezert.com/FOR-SALE:2023-Bronco-BR-Limited-Edition-Bronco-DR--208374

THE LIMITED-EDITION BRONCO™ DR
Competition-ready and designed for the hardest-core off-road enthusiasts, the Bronco brand elevates its desert racing capability to a new level. Introducing the all-new Bronco DR – a limited-production desert racing SUV.
BRONCO™ DR IS BUILT WILD™.

NOW COMPETITION-LEVEL.

Building upon current Bronco two- and four-door models, the 2023 Bronco DR is made possible with the race-proven design and engineering experience of Ford Performance. In collaboration with the craftsmanship, motorsport innovation and suspension technology of Multimatic.
BORN OF LEGEND
The SCORE Baja 1000 celebrates a 50+ year legacy as one of the most grueling off-road motorsports events on the planet. And in all those decades, only one 4x4 has won it outright – the Ford Bronco.
READY FOR ITS RACING DEBUT
With a premiere appearance planned for the 2022 Baja 1000, the Bronco™ DR will hit the sand powered by a Ford Coyote 5.0-liter V8 engine.

Other competition-focused features include Multimatic Positional Selective DSSV™ Dampers, a Multimatic safety cage, 37-inch BFGoodrich® Mud-Terrain T/A® KM3 all-season tires and beadlock wheels.

An approach angle of 47 degrees, a departure angle of 37 degrees, and a breakover angle of 33 degrees all make it clear that the Bronco DR is a machine that’s purpose-built for racing. To meet desert racing requirements and provide weight savings, the air conditioning system, interior amenities, and all glass have been removed.

Ford Bronco 2023 SEMA Build Race Off Road Bronco DR For Sale $400K USD kmeyd3f7rw8nnef88gehoivlmw4jn0
Ford Bronco 2023 SEMA Build Race Off Road Bronco DR For Sale $400K USD 0hn5z3be3uhptzllj3vuuv048ubr1w
Ford Bronco 2023 SEMA Build Race Off Road Bronco DR For Sale $400K USD 17g32dtft06mpwjkwtjt6g3selh84c
Ford Bronco 2023 SEMA Build Race Off Road Bronco DR For Sale $400K USD h59zbxi846o82vffi0by7j5mg7o0vl
Ford Bronco 2023 SEMA Build Race Off Road Bronco DR For Sale $400K USD b2b3bjtbcbqarpob1b8fad7d7vdzai
Ford Bronco 2023 SEMA Build Race Off Road Bronco DR For Sale $400K USD 9xxiw9w0oxoxzdk1i6peb82te89b3c
Ford Bronco 2023 SEMA Build Race Off Road Bronco DR For Sale $400K USD yeiqdw4ywln0p8ahaevka8t4o2ba75
Ford Bronco 2023 SEMA Build Race Off Road Bronco DR For Sale $400K USD sxz97ttebnsx94jc0olhv3ef3dsag6
Ford Bronco 2023 SEMA Build Race Off Road Bronco DR For Sale $400K USD g5fppwbzu1s6pv1vukw6gyztx7dr80
Ford Bronco 2023 SEMA Build Race Off Road Bronco DR For Sale $400K USD d6hfhip8wp1s70mwxs8ca5nommkbxh
Ford Bronco 2023 SEMA Build Race Off Road Bronco DR For Sale $400K USD 31zkof8o3v16kpjo7fgudknq66u9hi
Ford Bronco 2023 SEMA Build Race Off Road Bronco DR For Sale $400K USD yrl9o2z5177acy4lm7krjhz4mpdtzy
Ford Bronco 2023 SEMA Build Race Off Road Bronco DR For Sale $400K USD z23sclehmneqtv98sxuix8l8havuiv
Ford Bronco 2023 SEMA Build Race Off Road Bronco DR For Sale $400K USD wkdsb21x9derxgpodj2v23hl2ab5z5
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
NORCALGXP

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I must have left that spare $400k I had laying around in my other pants or I'd be all over this!

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I know this is technically not street legal. But would you actually get pulled over for driving this on the roads? Here in TX, I’d think you’d be fine.

(At least this will be my argument to the wife.)

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I know this is technically not street legal. But would you actually get pulled over for driving this on the roads? Here in TX, I’d think you’d be fine.

(At least this will be my argument to the wife.)
Both our Broncos got pulled over outside Amarillo a year back for no front plate. First time in my life! Just got warnings so maybe he just wanted to check them out... still not putting a front plate on.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For that kinda cash I’m buying a Porsche GT3 RS with cash to spare or something similar, not an overpriced Bronco. There is no scenario that a Bronco is worth anywhere near 400k.

Sponsored

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That stock UN-braced or welded F150 rear axle housing is very UN-impressive and would no doubt fail. Makes me think this is all show and no go.

OP
OP
NORCALGXP

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That stock UN-braced or welded F150 rear axle housing is very UN-impressive and would no doubt fail. Makes me think this is all show and no go.
Study up on the DR, one is in Baja this week racing.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
NORCALGXP

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They come race ready... but Brad is making it win ready. Baja!!!

FB_IMG_1714313806107.jpg
Excellent photo can you post a few more? Do you know what kind of modifications Brad did to get it win ready?

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Study up on the DR, one is in Baja this week racing.
Nobody seriously races Baja with a stock Dana rear axle housing without at least welding the axle tubes to the center casting. Most have trusses welded in also. Study up lol.
Sponsored