coy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would like to know what is involved with just replacing the b@o sub. Want to go with the kicker key 500 and a kicker sub. Will removing the factory amp mess with the rest of the cars speakers. Or does it only power the sub? I know I will have to run power back to the amp but have no intentions as of yet to mess with the other speakers. Really have never messed with any newer vehicles and sound systems. Was far less complicated back in the day.

1000001841.jpg
Sponsored

vicorjh

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would like to know what is involved with just replacing the b@o sub. Want to go with the kicker key 500 and a kicker sub. Will removing the factory amp mess with the rest of the cars speakers. Or does it only power the sub? I know I will have to run power back to the amp but have no intentions as of yet to mess with the other speakers. Really have never messed with any newer vehicles and sound systems. Was far less complicated back in the day.

1000001841.jpg
For the B&O amp + dsp, it does drive multiple channels.

Ford Bronco 2022 B@O sub upgrade 1715441593409-4x

OP
OP
ju015dd

ju015dd

Outer Banks
First Name
coy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So, that means I need to leave the b@o amp alone then. Anyway to just add a kicker amp and new sub with messing with any of the other stuff? Also, I have no idea what a dsp is so kindergarten level here. Sorry

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So, that means I need to leave the b@o amp alone then. Anyway to just add a kicker amp and new sub with messing with any of the other stuff? Also, I have no idea what a dsp is so kindergarten level here. Sorry
Yup. Just take the lines from the existing Sub to a speaker-level input on a new sub amp. The popular Kicker 500.1 will do that, as will a lot of other options.

DSP is Digital Signal Processor. Think of it as a computerized version of an old school Equalizer. Your B&O already does a lot of that internal to it though.

Ford Bronco 2022 B@O sub upgrade 1715462084627-b3

vicorjh

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So, that means I need to leave the b@o amp alone then.
Yes, @Brian_B captured it well. Not too sure how much room you'll have available for both the B&O amp and the kicker amp but there is probably someone on the forum that's done that.

If you're planning on doing upgrades over time, consider running heavier gauge power back there to support a multi-channel amp ... so you don't have to keep pulling apart all of the trim.

There are amps available that give you enough channels along with the sub but that can become a bit pricey.

Sponsored

vicorjh

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Was far less complicated back in the day.
For sure. Now with 5 times the number of speakers, multiple amplifiers, and built in adjustable-crossovers, equalizers, delays, etc.

OP
OP
ju015dd

ju015dd

Outer Banks
First Name
coy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes, @Brian_B captured it well. Not too sure how much room you'll have available for both the B&O amp and the kicker amp but there is probably someone on the forum that's done that.

If you're planning on doing upgrades over time, consider running heavier gauge power back there to support a multi-channel amp ... so you don't have to keep pulling apart all of the trim.

There are amps available that give you enough channels along with the sub but that can become a bit pricey.
Is there an option that isn't $$$$ to remove the b@o amp and replace with something to take its place? Like I said we are only looking to add an amp to power a 8 in sub.

OP
OP
ju015dd

ju015dd

Outer Banks
First Name
coy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well, think I just found my answer. I am assuming leaving the factory b@o amp is going to be my choice. Do I simply unplug my factory sub and tie in with my new amp to run the new sub. Assuming I can find a spot to tuck the new amp away...... makes me just wanna stuff a box in the back with an amp attached to it like the old days...lol

brkdncr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Easiest: gearshade sub box and amp, plug and play kits adapter.

Jlaudio custom sub box

best: Mobridge dsp/amp, sub of your choice.

Others have also fit a 6.5” or 8” into the stock sub box.

I personally am aiming for the gear shade kit since the Mobridge doesn’t fit without a lot of work on 2dr models.

Porque No

Raptor
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Hummer, 2001 Viper, 2011 CTS-V, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I did exactly what you are looking to do. You can order a harness from PlugNPlay that will connect the key amp and kicker subwoofer. The only thing you need to do is run the power wire. Also, the key amp will fit nicely to the right towards rear of B&O enclosure with a couple of screws. I used the KICKER CompRT 8"(20cm) Subwoofer, DVC, 4-ohm, RoHS Compliant sub. It will fit in the B&O enclosure if you take (pry) the round mount off of the new sub. Check out PlugNPlay who is a sponsor and his harnesses made it super easy for a novice like me. Also, if you get better speakers for your dash it an easy swap out and made a difference.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ju015dd

ju015dd

Outer Banks
First Name
coy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I did exactly what you are looking to do. You can order a harness from PlugNPlay that will connect the key amp and kicker subwoofer. The only thing you need to do is run the power wire. Also, the key amp will fit nicely to the right towards rear of B&O enclosure with a couple of screws. I used the KICKER CompRT 8"(20cm) Subwoofer, DVC, 4-ohm, RoHS Compliant sub. It will fit in the B&O enclosure if you take (pry) the round mount off of the new sub. Check out PlugNPlay who is a sponsor and his harnesses made it super easy for a novice like me. Also, if you get better speakers for your dash it an easy swap out and made a difference.
Perfect, this is exactly what I needed. Thanks!!

Porque No

Raptor
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Perfect, this is exactly what I needed. Thanks!!
I looked and plugnplaykits.com. Click on the red bronco and it’s kit 2. That’s all you need other than you will need to order a power wire for the amp. If you already have the sub and amp, I think he sells the harness only. I will send you a pic of where I mounted the amp.
Ford Bronco 2022 B@O sub upgrade 1715554517815-50

Porque No

Raptor
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I looked and plugnplaykits.com. Click on the red bronco and it’s kit 2. That’s all you need other than you will need to order a power wire for the amp. If you already have the sub and amp, I think he sells the harness only. I will send you a pic of where I mounted the amp.
Ford Bronco 2022 B@O sub upgrade 1715554517815-50
This is where I put the amp…ignore the rest of the picture as this example doesn’t have the sub enclosure but your amp will fit in the same place as this one.
Ford Bronco 2022 B@O sub upgrade 1715556077362-d

OP
OP
ju015dd

ju015dd

Outer Banks
First Name
coy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is where I put the amp…ignore the rest of the picture as this example doesn’t have the sub enclosure but your amp will fit in the same place as this one.
Ford Bronco 2022 B@O sub upgrade 1715556077362-d
Awesome. Thanks a ton!!!!!

Spiderwolf

Raptor
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon, 2016 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pac
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
How long of a power wire from the battery to the sub did you have to buy. I'm assuming you went from battery through firewall down along driver side to back, along back seat area and then to amp side panel. What was the total length? 14 Gauge?
Sponsored