Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why you gotta throw In and Out under the bus? lol 🤐
Click bait. This would be a very lonely thread without the 10 people talking about onions
Sponsored

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can we replace our own fuel pump? Anyone know??
It’s a pretty big job on a Bronco, especially if you don’t have a lift. It would be possible, but not much fun.

OP
OP
@BadBlueBronco

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update: Dealer thinks its the fuel pump and will be replacing it. eta on parts 3-5 days.
Great news: it would be 1600$ but it is covered under a California emissions warranty that covers everything that holds fuel between the gas tank and intake manifold for 7 years. Usually we complain about California emissions but I am very happy to save $ as I want to build a overland trailer.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Update: Dealer thinks its the fuel pump and will be replacing it. eta on parts 3-5 days.
Great news: it would be 1600$ but it is covered under a California emissions warranty that covers everything that holds fuel between the gas tank and intake manifold for 7 years. Usually we complain about California emissions but I am very happy to save $ as I want to build a overland trailer.
It would be covered under powertrain warranty before emissions warranty. As long as you're under 5/60. But glad to hear they've got it figured out.

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finally a win for Commiefornia. Glad it's getting taken care for you 🤠

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
If it’s a fuel pump, are there replacements that are direct fit that isn’t made by ford? If there’s continued issues with a specific part I prefer to just upgrade it to reduce the chance of future failures.
Did a quick search but found no aftermarket fuel pump offerings. Maybe Bronco is still too new to find a selection of parts at the usual stores like Autozone etc. $1600 is a lot for a new OEM pump, or maybe that includes the labor? I see Lakeland Ford offers a 2.7L pump for $468 as an example, which still seems mighty steep.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did a quick search but found no aftermarket fuel pump offerings. Maybe Bronco is still too new to find a selection of parts at the usual stores like Autozone etc. $1600 is a lot for a new OEM pump, or maybe that includes the labor? I see Lakeland Ford offers a 2.7L pump for $468 as an example, which still seems mighty steep.
$1,600?? Yikes. IMO a $1,600 fuel pump should never fail but, if it does, the automotive equivalent of the Keebler elves should visit your vehicle in you sleep and automagically replace it. Damn, usedtocould pretty much get a motor for $1,600.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It would be covered under powertrain warranty before emissions warranty. As long as you're under 5/60. But glad to hear they've got it figured out.
The CA thing may pay the dealership out more than Ford for it?

*chopped raw onions, btw

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I paid ~$400 literally 20 years ago at a Napa auto parts in Santa Clara for a fuel pump for a 98 Chevy w/350. My uncle was like, buy out of state, but I was in a hurry since i had a date two days later... :whistle: This was when I almost crushed my head like a pumpkin dropping the gas tank.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The CA thing may pay the dealership out more than Ford for it?

*chopped raw onions, btw
I'm not really sure how the CA emission warranty works honestly since I've never lived there. But I did just doubled checked it and it does say it's covered under emissions warranty, and not powertrain.
Where as if I run it as being registered in a different state it says covered under powertrain 🤷‍♂️

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No joke, I'm kicking around the idea of cutting an access hole in the floor and carrying a spare.
Let us know if you can just use the little compartment in the rear to cover up the hack-cess hole. 😁

Thanks @Ducati1098 I could see it being for money... somehow. I'm not bored enough to look into the legalese of the CA part of it, but they may just require manufacturers to record the amount of "emissions equipment" that fails or gets replaced under their regulations.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks @Ducati1098 I could see it being for money... somehow. I'm not bored enough to look into the legalese of the CA part of it, but they may just require manufacturers to record the amount of "emissions equipment" that fails or gets replaced under their regulations.
Of course I don't know either, but my guess is they've got funding/insurance set aside for that special warranty, and perhaps there are tax breaks if it's not tied up in the normal warranties.
Sponsored