Sponsored

2-door Sasquatch is squatting in the back!

Tuco76

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In general, I am quite happy with the stock Bilstein Sasquatch suspension, but when I am loaded up with camp gear the Bronco Badlands is squatting in the back. I don’t have a ton of suspension travel left, so I have to be quite careful off-road. Has anyone had any experience with upgrading the suspension in the back to reduce the squatting without making the ride terribly uncomfortable when the truck is empty? I am not planning any tire size upgrades I and I want to stay with 35s. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wonder this too. The one time we had a long journey in our 2 door Sas to Ga hauling all of our gear we had sag in the back too. We had to go down a lot of dirt roads and a hill climb at the end to get to our remote cabin. Lot of weight was back there and a full tank of gas adds to the weight and sag.

CitrusBronco

Everglades
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former 72 & 73 Bronco driver, f250 7.3 powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Any airbags available for the Bronco yet? Small trailer also a good option.

Noremac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

unsure what the difference is in spring rates between the 2 and 4 doors, but I can fold my seats down, load 100% of my camping gear for family of 5 in the back, and cannot tell a difference in ride quality.

Maybe look at the part numbers between the two and swap springs to see if theres a difference?

Preheateddinner

Big Bend
First Name
S.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco BB 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sponsored

MFP2241

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Tuco76 - Just wondering if you have the tow package?

Tow package wasn't available with my '21 Base Squatch, so I installed the hitch myself. As a fix I was contemplating changing my rear springs for the stock "F" springs in the chart below. But, if you have the F springs and still have I same issue, I guess my assumed fix won't be effective.

Ford Bronco 2-door Sasquatch is squatting in the back! Screenshot_20230531_234137_Firefox

OP
OP
Tuco76

Tuco76

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Tuco76 - Just wondering if you have the tow package?

Tow package wasn't available with my '21 Base Squatch, so I installed the hitch myself. As a fix I was contemplating changing my rear springs for the stock "F" springs in the chart below. But, if you have the F springs and still have I same issue, I guess my assumed fix won't be effective.

Ford Bronco 2-door Sasquatch is squatting in the back! Screenshot_20230531_234137_Firefox
Thanks for the tip! I have a '22 with a dealer-installed tow hitch, since the factory tow hitch (for lack thereof) kept me from getting a production slot. So, I assume I have the "A" type springs on my 2.3 2-door. I will definitely look into the "F" or "C" type springs.

OP
OP
Tuco76

Tuco76

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

unsure what the difference is in spring rates between the 2 and 4 doors, but I can fold my seats down, load 100% of my camping gear for family of 5 in the back, and cannot tell a difference in ride quality.

Maybe look at the part numbers between the two and swap springs to see if theres a difference?
I heard the same from a friend that has a 4-door as well. I suspect the sagging in the rear is a 2-door specific issue.

OP
OP
Tuco76

Tuco76

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited:

Noremac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I heard the same from a friend that has a 4-door as well. I suspect the sagging in the rear is a 2-door specific issue.
To quantify the amount of weight I have had in the back, I put 14 80lb bags of concrete in the hatch area and drove home still not on bump stops. The Bronco definitely knew the weight was there though

Sponsored

TxCatalystMan

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Porsche 911 CarreraS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In general, I am quite happy with the stock Bilstein Sasquatch suspension, but when I am loaded up with camp gear the Bronco Badlands is squatting in the back. I don’t have a ton of suspension travel left, so I have to be quite careful off-road. Has anyone had any experience with upgrading the suspension in the back to reduce the squatting without making the ride terribly uncomfortable when the truck is empty? I am not planning any tire size upgrades I and I want to stay with 35s. Any suggestions are appreciated.
I plan to haul quite a bit of gear and dogs too so I replaced my Fox 2.0' stock Bilsteins with these. They're adjustable to fit your needs, without removing the tires and the ride is an improvement over stock!
Eibach 2021+ Ford Bronco Pro-Truck Coilover 2.0 Front & Rear — Panda Motorworks

Blue Hen

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
When I first got my 2 door Sasquatch. I started detailing it in my garage. Pulled the spare tire off to apply ceramic coating on all painted surface. Was pulling the bronco outside to get better lighting I hit the handle on the garage door with roof rack. Just taking the spare tire off raise the suspension. 2 door has a very soft suspension.

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have the big folks sit up front.
Sponsored