Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been doing some research into upgrading my suspension for the added weight of overlanding. Having a hard time selecting. I have a 2 Door Badlands with Sasquatch. I was leaning towards OME until I found out they don't make a kit for the 2 door. I reached out to ARB and they said they won't be making anything more for the 2 door . Has anyone upgraded their 2 door suspension specifically for overlanding/offroading? Looking for recommendations. Thanks.
Sponsored

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How much added weight? What would be the difference in just using a 4-door suspension? AFAIK the difference is that the spring rates are lowered for the 2-door for the reduced weight. Seems like a 4-door setup would solve your problem.

Why not just use a 4-door Sasq suspension or something similar? You can probably find Sasq takeoffs for pretty cheap.

OP
OP
ElDuderino

ElDuderino

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How much added weight? What would be the difference in just using a 4-door suspension? AFAIK the difference is that the spring rates are lowered for the 2-door for the reduced weight. Seems like a 4-door setup would solve your problem.

Why not just use a 4-door Sasq suspension or something similar? You can probably find Sasq takeoffs for pretty cheap.
I don't have the exact weight added. I added overlanding accessories. I'm under payload, but I'm more worried about losing articulation & ride comfort while off-road. Roof rack, RTT, extra gas, traction boards, a fridge, storage drawers, cargo shelf, camping gear ect...ect. Eventually aim to add a winch to the front and a beefier fender.

Stage 3's website lists the Old Man Emu only fitting 4 door models, but ARB's website shows fitment being compatible with 2 door models. I've reached out for clarification. I'd have to imagine everything bolts up the same, the only difference being the 2 door is lighter so the spring ratings are for a 4 door.

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't have the exact weight added. I added overlanding accessories. I'm under payload, but I'm more worried about losing articulation & ride comfort while off-road. Roof rack, RTT, extra gas, traction boards, a fridge, storage drawers, cargo shelf, camping gear ect...ect. Eventually aim to add a winch to the front and a beefier fender.

Stage 3's website lists the Old Man Emu only fitting 4 door models, but ARB's website shows fitment being compatible with 2 door models. I've reached out for clarification. I'd have to imagine everything bolts up the same, the only difference being the 2 door is lighter so the spring ratings are for a 4 door.
From what I've seen around here, the 4-door will bolt up the same. The lift/leveling kits are the same, so I would assume the attachment points are as well.

If it was my money I would get a 4-door sasquatch takeoff suspension (i see them all the time in the marketplace on here) and call it a day. You'll save a ton and it will give you the extra stiffness without losing the OEM ride quality.

I also would consider changing only the front once you get the winch. As long as you remain under payload, you're gonna be fine in the rear. If you notice some sag or start hitting bump-stops when off roading then change the rear as well. Don't try to solve problems that aren't there. My $0.02.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've run 4dr springs on a 2dr. Not a huge capacity gain but it helps. Too harsh when empty though.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've run 4dr springs on a 2dr.
Wow… you’re basically driving a mOaR door. I’m quite surprised you allow these parts on your Bronco…

OP
OP
ElDuderino

ElDuderino

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From what I've seen around here, the 4-door will bolt up the same. The lift/leveling kits are the same, so I would assume the attachment points are as well.

If it was my money I would get a 4-door sasquatch takeoff suspension (i see them all the time in the marketplace on here) and call it a day. You'll save a ton and it will give you the extra stiffness without losing the OEM ride quality.

I also would consider changing only the front once you get the winch. As long as you remain under payload, you're gonna be fine in the rear. If you notice some sag or start hitting bump-stops when off roading then change the rear as well. Don't try to solve problems that aren't there. My $0.02.
Thanks for the response. I would say a majority of the weight is in the rear of the vehicle with the drawer system/cargo shelf/ and camping gear. I'm considering just buying a 4 door sas takoff. I am also worried about ride quality once all of that gear is removed.

I got a response from ARB about the Old Man Emu kit, and they said technically the 4 door kit would fit the 2 door, but the springs are rated for the 4 door, so they have no idea about height gained or ride quality being on a 2 door as they have never tested it.

I am kind of torn on what to do.

I've run 4dr springs on a 2dr. Not a huge capacity gain but it helps. Too harsh when empty though.
Do you run a lot of extra weight? Have you hit bump stops or have extra sag? I too am worried about ride quality once I remove my camping gear ect. This is my daily driver as well.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you run a lot of extra weight? Have you hit bump stops or have extra sag? I too am worried about ride quality once I remove my camping gear ect. This is my daily driver as well.
Never weighed it, just camp gear and whatnot a couple times a year. 200-300lb maybe? I took them off in favor of adjustable Eibachs because the ride was too choppy empty. Now I just crank up the rears another inch when needed.

OP
OP
ElDuderino

ElDuderino

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never weighed it, just camp gear and whatnot a couple times a year. 200-300lb maybe? I took them off in favor of adjustable Eibachs because the ride was too choppy empty. Now I just crank up the rears another inch when needed.
Which kit did you go with? Eibach Pro-Truck coilovers?

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've been doing some research into upgrading my suspension for the added weight of overlanding. Having a hard time selecting. I have a 2 Door Badlands with Sasquatch. I was leaning towards OME until I found out they don't make a kit for the 2 door. I reached out to ARB and they said they won't be making anything more for the 2 door . Has anyone upgraded their 2 door suspension specifically for overlanding/offroading? Looking for recommendations. Thanks.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ide-lift-heights-with-wheel-tire-sizes.17719/

I second, or third going with 4Dr Sas springs.

I personally love Bilstein 6100s. You can grab a 4dr kit and then pick your poison of Bronco Sas springs from the Cook Book.

Sponsored

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Which kit did you go with? Eibach Pro-Truck coilovers?
Yes, pretty happy with them.

I must add, I had a double whammy, 4dr/V6 on a 2dr/L4, so if you have the 2.7 is will be slightly less of a jump.

OP
OP
ElDuderino

ElDuderino

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, pretty happy with them.

I must add, I had a double whammy, 4dr/V6 on a 2dr/L4, so if you have the 2.7 is will be slightly less of a jump.
I do have a 2.7

Going to continue doing research before I pull the trigger on anything.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I overland with a 2 Dr and haven't needed anything. I think if I loaded any more gear I would be over my GVWR!
Ford Bronco 2 Door Overlanding Suspension bronco6

OP
OP
ElDuderino

ElDuderino

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I overland with a 2 Dr and haven't needed anything. I think if I loaded any more gear I would be over my GVWR!
Ford Bronco 2 Door Overlanding Suspension bronco6
Any idea what weight you're at? Or roughly how much junk you are carrying? I'm heading to Moab for 3 weeks in less than a month. Want to make sure I'm still able to do moderate trails without bottoming out.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any idea what weight you're at? Or roughly how much junk you are carrying? I'm heading to Moab for 3 weeks in less than a month. Want to make sure I'm still able to do moderate trails without bottoming out.
For the image (Poison Spyder/Moab) I had around 200lbs of gear, but for the trip I'd estimate 500lbs extra.
Sponsored