Sponsored

Resale Question: What is my Bronco really worth?

OP
OP
Bronco_Nole

Bronco_Nole

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco, ‘21 Wrangler, ‘11 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Separate the transactions. You can just sell a car to a dealership. And of course you can just buy a car without trade in.

What happens when you start trying to do both at the same time, the dealer gets all thumbs and is like "we'll give you X" and you say "I want Y" and they say "sure we'll give you Y" then bury you with MSRP, addons and/or financing upcharges. The total cost can actually be higher.

(Of course, the real WTF are the buyers who have a target monthly payment. Dealer be like, for five years or 8?)

So sell it private or to a dealership, but don't try to do a bigger deal unless you're really good at haggling and know how to keep your eye on the real total.
Great point! And haggling is (for some reason) part of the game to me, I certainly won't let them pull one over on me!!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bronco_Nole

Bronco_Nole

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Since there's only one used model in a 50-mile radius, this rarity can boost your vehicle's value. And with the only comparable used model, a 2022 with more miles, listed at $42.5k, it looks like your Bronco is in a good spot in terms of market value.
This is my thought, that has been my angle with the few dealers I have spoken to, but so far no bites.

Noremac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

crawling through the back seat to get her in the car seat isn’t going to work for much longer!
Its only a matter of time before that kiddo is crawling in by themselves... Believe me.. Time is evil.. Seems like only last week i was rocking my 14 year old to sleep.. We have 3 kiddos and they love every minute in our broncos..

Deal with the pain of the back seat for a few short years, and they will love every minute of it

Coralhead

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Base Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is great insight/info...my understanding is there are no more NEW base model 2D's, am I incorrect in that assumption? The closest thing I thought you could order/purchase new would be a 2D Big Bend model?
Also if you want a v-6 that is another step up.
I have a 2 door '23 Base v-6 with automatic and sasquatch package. The best of the base model. No more being made.

new to bronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not sure what vehicle you are looking to get into, but I'll trade you my two-week old 2024 Maverick XL AWD 2.0L Ecoboost, 4K two package ($28.3K sticker) plus some cash :ROFLMAO::
Ford Bronco Resale Question: What is my Bronco really worth? IMG_8470

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronco_Nole

Bronco_Nole

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not sure what vehicle you are looking to get into, but I'll trade you my two-week old 2024 Maverick XL AWD 2.0L Ecoboost, 4K two package ($28.3K sticker) plus some cash :ROFLMAO::
Ford Bronco Resale Question: What is my Bronco really worth? IMG_8470
Hey I love that truck!!! And I love the color- Avalanche right?

If I get rid of the bronco it will be for a new 2024 F-150 Raptor in Avalanche or a new 2023 Azure Gray!

new to bronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey I love that truck!!! And I love the color- Avalanche right?

If I get rid of the bronco it will be for a new 2024 F-150 Raptor in Avalanche or a new 2023 Azure Gray!
Thanks! It's actually cactus grey, same color offered on the Broncos.
F-150 Raptors are awesome vehicles, my son had one last year and it was a blast!

OP
OP
Bronco_Nole

Bronco_Nole

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks! It's actually cactus grey, same color offered on the Broncos.
F-150 Raptors are awesome vehicles, my son had one last year and it was a blast!
Ahhh that’s right cactus grey! Love that color!

OP
OP
Bronco_Nole

Bronco_Nole

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
When you go to KBB, there's an option to "get a cash offer". If you select this, it will prompt you upload some specific photos and info of your Bronco.

What happens then, is that it sends the details of your vehicle to dealers who use KBB and told the system they're looking for that type of vehicle.

I used it to sell my vehicle before buying the Bronco and was a little skeptical. But, I got an email from a couple OEM dealers and independent dealers, who all were interested in the vehicle. I ended up visiting 3 dealers who said they were interested and took the best offer... walked out later that day with a cash in hand.

It's also not necessarily going to be a Ford dealership, it's dealers who said I want that kind of vehicle.

There's really no obligation, so it's a great way to find out exactly what somebody's willing to pay that day for your truck.
You’ll get a kick ojt

So I just did this on KBB, mind you the same site telling me my trade in is $39.5k and private party over $45k

KBB Instant Cash Offer: $24k

anyone willing to do $25k and it’s yours!!!

I’m sure it’s different if/when dealers start reaching out, one would hope.

MFP2241

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
You’ll get a kick ojt

So I just did this on KBB, mind you the same site telling me my trade in is $39.5k and private party over $45k

KBB Instant Cash Offer: $24k

anyone willing to do $25k and it’s yours!!!

I’m sure it’s different if/when dealers start reaching out, one would hope.
I got emails from 4 different dealers in about 12 hours. I called 3, the 4th was too far out of the way.

The reason I went to 3, is because I got written offers from the first two and the third guy beat it. If you take it to them and they like it, you can negotiate the selling price, you don't have to accept what's in the emails.

Essentially what you are doing is shopping around for the best "trade-in" price going this route... it still not going to be anywhere near private party value.

I did it because I didn't want to deal with people coming to look, wasting my time, and worrying about if the people who came to look really had all the money.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronco_Nole

Bronco_Nole

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got emails from 4 different dealers in about 12 hours. I called 3, the 4th was too far out of the way.

The reason I went to 3, is because I got written offers from the first two and the third guy beat it. If you take it to them and they like it, you can negotiate the selling price, you don't have to accept what's in the emails.

Good luck!
Awesome- thank you so very much for your help and time!!!

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Run a Carvana value report. They are putting my 2002 Base with 9K miles at $35K, still pretty good considering I paid $36K out the door price which was MSRP at the time. When it was one year old Carvana was offering me $10K more than what I paid!

OP
OP
Bronco_Nole

Bronco_Nole

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Run a Carvana value report. They are putting my 2002 Base with 9K miles at $35K, still pretty good considering I paid $36K out the door price which was MSRP at the time. When it was one year old Carvana was offering me $10K more than what I paid!
Sadly I ran one a few weeks ago and it was $36,600 which I was pumped about. That has since dropped to $35,200 which I would still be happy with if I can’t get someone to match that (or close to it) so I could get some trade credit.

I’ve got one dealer who offered $33k. His opinion is it’s for $37k on his lot so a little room there.

OP
OP
Bronco_Nole

Bronco_Nole

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Question for you- I’m curious if the Carvana offer is truly legit. I’m sure some people aren’t truthful about the condition of the vehicle and when they meet up to sell it to Carvana there may be some adjustments…but there’s not one area of concern with my bronco. Any idea if I can expect the full offer to go through if I accepted? Just curious if you had knowledge on that as I have heard mixed feedback!

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just haven’t been really ready to pull the trigger on letting her go.
I escaped by the skin of my teeth with this falling market .
My gut says you need to get off the fence and unload that thing.
I can all but guarantee the price will NOT go back UP.
Sponsored