Sponsored

Bronco Everglades

This club is for all Bronco Everglades owners and future owners🤙
Glade Runner
New fairlead, fold down license plate holder (up-waiting for plate), and aluminum snorkel intake have been added.
Also got the Rokblokz and passenger side tow-loop installed.

Update added April 2: I got the slide out tailgate installed last Friday, and just got the Turn Off-road brush guard installed between rain showers today (yes I dried everything before the install).
Show full message

Attachments

Has anyone here taken their hard top off of the Everglades? I took ours off this past weekend to get the soft top on. Half the bolts holding the hard top on were impossible to remove with the hex tool. I had to use vice grips to remove them (destroying them in the process). We have a 2024 so we're curious if anyone else had an issue. Also, after getting the soft top on and bolted into place, the soft top itself was extremely difficult to close over the middle latches and front latches, so also wondering if anyone had that issue? Perhaps because it was a brand new top? It was placed correctly on the locating pins. It seemed like it was off (as in not far forward enough) by half an inch. Eventually did get it closed but we had to unlatch the back to get it forward enough in the front and then latch the rear part last.
Show full message
Reactions: BlinkyLightMgr
BlinkyLightMgr
BlinkyLightMgr
I think Ford has stock in locktight. Mine had a ton on the threads along with the plastic hardtop not perfectly aligned. I resorted to starting with the rachet to know I got them free then switching to power tools. I removed them as I was replacing them with rockworkx thumb screws. Glad I made the switch as I didn't want to deal with the bolts again.
Reactions: Kiff
Kiff
That's good to know someone else had this issue. I see those rockworkx look pretty popular so I will order a set too. There was definitely different amounts of loctite on mine. The ones over the B pillar had none, but then the two in the furthest rear by the tailgate had a ton, same with the two directly behind the seats. At least you were able to get yours free sounds like with the ratchet. Mine had so much that it wouldn't work. Had to use vice grips about a millimeter at a time on the back two by the D pillar. Pretty awful and Ford really should figure out that production issue.
BMoreDogDoc
BMoreDogDoc
When we took the top off for the first time, my wife got the side that seemed to have all the loctite…
Has anyone found a GOOD fitting wench cover other than the one from Warn?
Show full message
Glade Runner
Glade Runner
I got the Warn version off Amazon. Watch for it to go on sale and you can get it for a reasonable price.
Reactions: 217920
Kiff
I also bought the Warn cover off Amazon. It was $66.63 when I ordered it. Not sure how much it normally is though.
Reactions: 217920
t0xik3
has anyone leveled their Everglades? I measured and there's only 1/2" rake. My badlands had about 2" rake. So i wonder if they already come with a level puck/spacer
Show full message
friethmiller
Never used and for sale for cheap! Purchased these custom Everglades badges for $40 back in 12/22. I'll take $15 plus shipping. I call them badges since they are 3mm thick. Come with 3M adhesive on the entire reverse side. Let me know if you're interested. Note: My office light is a little soft. These badges are actually silver in white light.
Show full message

Attachments

FreddieLee
It’s been a good minute now, so I was wondering how many of you guys kept or got rid of the Everglades badge. Personally, it grew on me, but I still consider removing it sometimes.
Show full message
View previous comments…
Icypu
Icypu
I love it, I've only personally seen 3 other Everglades not on dealers lots and I'm in LA. I always chuckle with all the broncos I see with "bronco" classic letter kits and debadged. I wear the sticker boldly.
t0xik3
t0xik3
Do you think it would be possible to peel the sticker, trim it, and put it back on?
View previous replies…
FowlBronco77
FowlBronco77
@t0xik3 hope you found that out from someone else.
Reactions: t0xik3
t0xik3
t0xik3
@FowlBronco77 i watched a video on it. it tears in small pieces. i suppose if you took it to a body shop, they could heat it up and peel it, but it's unlikely you can remove it and it ever be used again
tomcartmeljr
tomcartmeljr
I did it with a hairdryer, my thumbnail and a bottle of Goo Gone within a week or two of picking up my Bronco. I cannot imagine someone could get that thing off in one piece and being able to reuse it. Lots and lots of small pieces. It's definitely different material than the "badges".
friethmiller
friethmiller
I have some custom Everglades badges that I don't think I'll ever use. This is me being impatient and ordering them before actually receiving my bronco - and then liking the factory sticker. Crazy, I know. I was a bit bored during my 2 year wait. Anyways, I'll create a separate post to see if anyone is interested.
HolidayDog
For the front plate states out there….

Here is my winch cover/plate solution. Keeps the road grime off the winch line etc.:

-Warn winch cover
-Factor 55 flatlink winch shackle
-AMOPA AMOPACORP flip up plate bracket
-Aujen Silicone Plate holder
-Nylon license plate holders (for easy plate removal)

The fit is good, the flip up doesn’t go quite far enough but even if it did flip up a full 90 it would probably still interfere with winching. It flips down tight, no flopping around. The nylon screws twist off easily. Can’t remember anyone trying to take my plate. Cross that bridge when it happens.

IMG_0390.jpeg
IMG_0386.jpeg
IMG_0388.jpeg
IMG_0387.jpeg
IMG_0385.jpeg
Show full message
friethmiller
Decided to upgrade my winch fairlead and hook to gun metal gray + Warn's Sidewinder. Really like the way the Sidewinder is padded to not scratch the fairlead when tightened. Thoughts? It does stick out further than the factory hook. Has anyone used this type of hook for recovery?
Show full message

Attachments

BlinkyLightMgr
Anyone install the factory metal front plate on their Everglades? Dealer didn't realize what it was and no directions. Looks to go behind the fairlead and assume it sits in front of the winch but I was thinking to install hanging down.
Show full message
Still awaiting delivery on my everglades. Question. Who took off their roof rails right away and why?
Show full message
View previous comments…
Fillups
Fillups
I have Everglade pending order, but I removed the roof rails on my 2-door a couple months after purchasing. I liked the look but I had no plans to use them anytime soon and the reduced wind noise on highway made it worth pulling them off. I also was prepping to do ceramic coat at that time, and wanted to have the windshield plugs in place. I have it hanging on my basement wall, pretty easy to put back on if needed.
BMoreDogDoc
BMoreDogDoc
Took mine off over the summer as it was somewhere between a pain and impossible to get the panels off. Planned on putting them back on when the fall weather came in, but I never got around to it. The Everglades looks good with or without the rails.
Kiff
We are also still waiting for ours to arrive. We got the soft top with it so in the warm months we will not have the rails on so we can use the soft top.
TNTim
After waiting nearly 3 years I took delivery in Feb and been loving every minute. 1,200 miles put on in the last month.
FAFF85E8-18F9-47CB-BD18-CFC6AD925D06.jpeg
Show full message
TNTim
Sharing on on this forum what I had already shared on the Carbonized Grey forum (before I knew this existed) went topless the other week and added the front Aero Skin II and grill lights. I share these for reference if anyone is thinking about the same.
25750D78-FD88-4BFA-9523-19A7791409C4.jpeg
2AD09E9F-DDB8-4332-8C6F-058F09E9AD13.jpeg
Show full message
66stmpd
Hummm.....As an owner of the Everglades, Jeep Wrangler 4xe Rubicon, and Jeep Gladiator owner I saw this video that popped up on my YouTube account and decided to take a look at it..... Ya, all watch it and give me your take on it.

Jeep Owner Drives and Reviews New Bronco Everglades

Show full message
Reactions: FowlBronco77
View previous comments…
friethmiller
friethmiller
@FowlBronco77 - good to know! I do think my Bronco might need one of the passenger doors adjusted. The glass setting isn't quite right.
FowlBronco77
FowlBronco77
I get some of the issues one might have from stuff just not being perfect from the factory. And I might would agree with some of his assessments. But the guy just oozed with hate of Ford. Very thankful that I haven't had some of the issues I've read about. I had the hood problem, but I fixed that by adjusting the rubber stops. Thankfully the wind noise really isn't an issue in mine.
Skunkape24
Skunkape24
Did he say that wind noise on a 4 wheel drive vehicle upsets him? He should stick to driving something less aggressive like a bicycle, but slowly, so the wind noise doesn't get too loud and he can't hear himself talk.....
Icypu
Can anyone recommend or 3d print a pod light bracket for the snorkel side. My asymmetrical setup is killing my ocd.
20240103_164709.jpg
Show full message
BMoreDogDoc
Has anyone gone through a car wash yet? I saw the water in the snorkel test…

I converted to a rear facing air intake orientation… so far so good.
Show full message
View previous comments…
Kiff
Hopefully no one has abandoned this thread since August because I have a question! What's wrong with going through the car wash in it?
FowlBronco77
FowlBronco77
I haven't heard or read anything about an actual problem with the snorkel in car wash. I just kept reading that guys were having bad experiences with hard top on any model in car wash. Not to say that there isn't some issues.
Kiff
Thanks @FowlBronco77. What did you head about the hardtop with that?
FowlBronco77
FowlBronco77
@Kiff I think it was more with the 1.0 mic that was getting water in the seems. I know guys were leery of trying this 2.0 mic in fear that it would do the same thing. I doubt I chance it either. But, I will say I've read that others have gone thru the car wash without an issue. DA
Kiff
@FowlBronco77 Thanks for the info! That's all good to know. I hadn't heard that bit of detail before.

I appreciate it!
friethmiller
Ok, spent a little time this weekend tackling the problem of installing the IAG gas hood strut on the "snorkel side" of my Everglades. There are issues that must be addressed at both ends of the strut. 1) the bottom pivot must be moved; 2) the top (hood) pivot must be moved. Easy right? Well...

Issue 1: My plan was to create a custom mount secured with at least 2 bolts that would move the fender-side pivot mount inboard in order to provide clearance for the snorkel - as it snakes its way into the engine compartment. I decided on the two bolts used to secure the coolant bottle at the firewall.

plate_location.PNG

I fashioned a template using construction paper, got the bolt spacing, checked clearances, and then cut the mounting plate out of some 14 gauge sheet metal.

template1.PNG

Next, I cut a piece of angle iron to provide a backing support for the IAG mount. This was then welded to the plate.

template2.PNG

The IAG hardware was then welded to the opposite side, prep'd, and then painted black. Here's the plate mounted in the vehicle. Not the prettiest thing but its just a prototype :)

mounted2.PNG

Issue 2: The other issue was the hood pivot point, the strut mounting ball at the top makes direct contact with the snorkel (see arrow/marks). While Ford decide to mount the ECU next to the snorkel, there is a small little gap that would allow the strut to pass, if the connection point was moved about 2 inches to the right (see other arrow).

hood_mount_clearance.PNG

IMO, there is no way of getting past the point of drilling a new hole here. So, I drilled a 1/2 inch hole in the hood support and secured the factory IAG mounting ball. This allowed the top of the strut rest between the snorkel and the ECU support.

With these modifications, I can tell you that the hood strut works great and doesn't have any clearance issues. The only problem I have with this setup is the fact that strut is on an angle. I could redo the bottom mount to move the base inward to align better with the top mount or move it back slightly. I will certainly take any suggestions y'all may have. Thanks!

mounted3.PNG
Show full message
Kant
I have a quick question: is there any issue with installing pillar lights on the Everglades since there is a snorkel?
Show full message
View previous comments…
friethmiller
friethmiller
Hood Strut Discussion: Ok, I mounted the drivers side hood strut yesterday and started to look at the passenger side. Couple of things that I've determined so far: 1) the mount hole on the hood cannot be used. The top of the strut mount will hit the snorkel; 2) the bottom mount could be used depending where the hood mount is [re]positioned. I am currently trying to figure out if the top connection point on the hood could be moved an inch or so over and allow free travel for the strut in the original bottom mount/bracket. With where Ford placed the ECU and it's bracket, they've made it difficult but there might be just enough room. I'll report back in a few days...
Reactions: Kant
Kant
Kant
Thank you for the update!
friethmiller
friethmiller
FYI, I will post a new thread to show pics of my working IAG hood strut on the Everglades group.
Reactions: Kant
FoxyRoxy
friethmiller
friethmiller
Thanks for the info! Why does it look like its 3/4 open with these struts? Might just be me. Anyway, good find. Unfortunately, I purchased my hood struts (IAG) long before I switched my order to an Everglades. Hope to get some time over the Christmas break to fabricate something.
FoxyRoxy
FoxyRoxy
Nope.. It hits the intake pipe ! makes the hood bulge.. it holds up with just the one side.. but I have a feeling that strut wont last very long... Sorry guys.. worth a shot..
friethmiller
friethmiller
That's too bad. Well, I had a young lady hit the rear corner my bronco a week ago. Luckily it was superficial. I just had to replace some plastic pieces on the rear bumper on the drivers side. This delayed my fabrication plans, though. Maybe next weekend.
66stmpd
So happy now from getting 16 mpg to now 20+ mpg on my 2023 Everglades 2.3L let’s see if we can get to 21+ mpg! changed the stock air filter to K&N, cabin air filter to K&N, oil change to Mobil 1 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil 5W-30, Mobil 1 M1-102A Extended Performance Oil Filter, and changed the spark plus to Bosch Double Iridium 96315. Running 91 octane. More upgrades to come and stay tuned! 👍🏻
Show full message

Attachments

FowlBronco77
FowlBronco77
I'm getting over 18 without any changes. And that's with a lot of stop and go. I need to change out my filters.
66stmpd
66stmpd
It was stuck between 16-16.5 mpg for the first 2k+ miles. But I am happy now! That is great you’re getting 18 mpg with no changes.
FowlBronco77
FowlBronco77
Yeah, I was getting same as you early. If I drive 55-60 I'm get well over 20mpg. I was gonna do the filter stuff and forgot all about it with other life junk taking over. 😁
66stmpd
TXBronco1313
Hey all!

Would love some help/feedback from the group because I'm having hard time making up my mind

I've been a huge fan of the Everglades model since it was revealed, but obviously it was (and still is) extremely limited that for the past 2+ years I couldn't get an order in or get my hands on one. In December of last year, I gave up trying to place an order and ended up going with a 2 door Big Bend with the 2.7 engine, SAS, mid package, with the modular bumper. Although I did pay a little bit of markup which I'm not proud of, but I really thought I got a great deal, given that it's a "maxed out" Big Bend. Anyways, couple of weeks ago, with the order banks opening, I saw the Everglades is making a very limited comeback so I called my dealer first thing on August 16th and told him I wanted an everglades. He said they only had allocations for 2 and advised me to send my order in ASAP which I did only for him to call on the 17th and tell me that by the time the ordering manager got to my order, the 2 allocations were already ordered. Sucks big time given that I personally know the guy but anyways, after calling around and sending many failed orders to dealers, on August 18th, one of them had one remaining allocation and the system allowed them place an order for a cactus Gray Everglades. I was extremely happy when I received the confirmation email but that started to change quickly as ppl started to make me me feel like I made the wrong call ordering an Everglades (my friends and ppl here on the forum) saying that it's not a good move to trade away a 2 door and to downgrade from a 2.7 twin turbo engine to a 2.3 ecoboost engine only for a 12" display, a winch, and a snorkel. Now I find myself lost and unsure if I should go with the Everglades as it sounds like I'm "downgrading". I know the process is just getting started and I have many months to think about it before getting scheduled for production but I thought why not get feedback from real Everglades owners to help me decide. Please let me know what your thoughts are!
Show full message

Attachments

Limpetman
Relocating to a province where front license plates are legally required. Been on the lookout for a front bracket I liked...and found this! Takes literally 5 mins to fit and plate flips up and down...awesome.
Show full message

Attachments

FreddieLee
Traded in my Everglades for a Wildtrak yesterday. No reason other than it was an itch that I had to scratch. In October of 2020, my original order was for a Wildtrak. Mid 2022, fast approaching 2 years of delays, I converted that order to a 2023 Everglades, and abandoned the original order.

I got the Wildtrak for $1,000 over MSRP, which is unheard of right now for a Bronco sitting on a lot (in California).

According to KBB, Carfax and other online sources, trade-in value on the Everglades (5,400 miles) was over $60K, but after shopping around, 10/10 dealers were not willing to pay that. Coincidentally, most countered at $50K, which wouldn't have been a problem if these dealers didn't have market adjustments on their Wildtraks.

The dealership that I got the Wildtrak from offered me $55K for the Everglades. No lien holder, so I cashed out the balance left on the Wildtrak, and was gone in 30 minutes.

Staring at my Everglades as I drove off the lot in the Wildtrak was a sad day, but looking forward to some new adventures in the Wildtrak.
Show full message
Bakerbaker19
Dressing up the Everglades for a FL Halloween! #HighwayToHell

Show full message
66stmpd
We to all Everglades owner or future owners this is a killer price for the Everglades sticker/badge what ever you want to call it. It come with a price tag from your local dealer at $850.00 not for a set of 2 for left and right side…..$850.00 each! That is $1,700.00 for a set plus not including your local sales tax for that sticker! I was looking for replacements because I am going to do a full body PPF on our Everglades and didn’t want the PPF being placed on top of it and instead removing it and placing a new sticker on top of the PPF. So right now for full body PPF I am at $5k not including the Everglades sticker. Sucks.
Show full message

Attachments

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views