MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
True. But not the same suspension..... Look at the build list. The Wildtrack seems to be oriented toward the desert trail running. The Badlands seems to be oriented to the rock crawling and mountain trail running. Do you disagree with that? I am not saying for a second that one is better than the other. They just seem to have a different build that is oriented toward different purposes.... Then there is the BRaptor.... When I look at the build sheet it looks to me that is more oriented to Dessert running. I have just been thinking if I spent the same money as I would on a BRaptor how could I make a version more oriented to the mountains.
In 2021 we had Wildtrak owner's arguing that the light weight plastic bumper was an integral factor in making it the "Desert racer", it was marketed as. Ford is good at marketing.

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So Ford offers the BRapter edition that is designed for high speed desert running and is pretty darn good at rock crawling.

I think Ford should offer an edition designed for rock crawling and mountain trail running while decent at the desert running.

So the real thing next to a raptor....

bronco vs raptor crop.jpg
@5GENIDN - your rig is a BEAST!

And for comparison, here’s my non-Boulder Mountain Edition next to my Braptor
Ford Bronco The new Boulder Mountain Edition Build .... (prototype) IMG_5411

OP
OP
5GENIDN

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

@5GENIDN - your rig is a BEAST!

And for comparison, here’s my non-Boulder Mountain Edition next to my Braptor
Ford Bronco The new Boulder Mountain Edition Build .... (prototype) IMG_5411
If I lived down next to some of the big deserts I probably would have gone with the BRaptor.... But I so love the looks of that limited and well.... I like spending my time in the mountains as opposed to the flatter faster running desert.

Sponsored
OP
OP
5GENIDN

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Braptor on portals #WIN
Too wide... This thing is too wide already.... It is the same width as the BRaptor and that works in the desert but not so well on the mountain trails.... Portals on a braptor would make it 7 inches wider than it is already.... I am not sure it would even be legal for the street. Also if you are desert running you want the articulation but with a lower center of gravity.... You always want lower center of gravity but especially running high speed in the desert. I am at 84 inches width outside tire to outside tire.... Portals on a BRaptor would be about 91 or 92..... an 8 foot lane is 96!!!!

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That looks like it would be a lot of fun in some nice off camber situations. Might be a little hard locating the drivers seat cover during such times. 🤠

OP
OP
5GENIDN

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

That looks like it would be a lot of fun in some nice off camber situations. Might be a little hard locating the drivers seat cover during such times. 🤠
Well we will find out.... It is about 9 inches taller and about 8 inches wider. (7 by portals and 1 by tire width.) I know it looks tippier....but the angle of tip did not change.... Same roll angle as stock.

Oh and when I was younger I used to rock climb.... I will be okay.

Last edited:

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Incorrect. Ford wasn't responsible for that render. That was the work of Brian, a personal friend. He created the renders for the John Bronco Sells Heritage Edition thread. His work was recognized by Ford's engineers as they contacted him personally wondering how his renders were so accurate before the actual release of the Heritage Edition (note the date on his thread and know that he was working on them for a few months before). :cool:

I'm sure Brian would be happy to know that his work was part of your inspiration. But you need to understand the history behind the work.
He hit it out of the park on his renders, I couldn't believe how accurate the Heritage model resembled the render Brian created. Hoping the Heritage trim continues in other variant classic colors but seems restraints are placing a barrier.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

He hit it out of the park on his renders, I couldn't believe how accurate the Heritage model resembled the render Brian created. Hoping the Heritage trim continues in other variant classic colors but seems restraints are placing a barrier.
Yes, he did. It is important to note the timeline. Render work started a few months before the John Bronco thread which was still months before Ford would make any public announcement. We wanted to get out ahead of Ford. Original timeline was for the Heritage to be released before the Everglades. But when problems arose with the modular HT, Everglades was bumped up to MY'22.5 with the Heritage being delayed again.

Also, a little history, the blue in the renders wasn't Robin Egg Blue. Looks very close especially with the sepia filter that he applied to give it a vintage vibe to correlate with John Bronco himself, but the color was Brittany Blue as a thank you to me. He actually had the two colors as Yellowstone and Race Red.

I already paid Brian for work to deliver a Red Roadster.

Ford Bronco The new Boulder Mountain Edition Build .... (prototype) Sema_bronco_comp_V5

Sponsored
OP
OP
5GENIDN

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yes. It is so uncanny that you (I) almost think that Ford liked the renderings so much they might have made some alterations to their plans to mimic these... I also agree bringing back some of the other classic colors would be a really good move on Ford's part.

OP
OP
5GENIDN

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yes, he did. It is important to note the timeline. Render work started a few months before the John Bronco thread which was still months before Ford would make any public announcement. We wanted to get out ahead of Ford. Original timeline was for the Heritage to be released before the Everglades. But when problems arose with the modular HT, Everglades was bumped up to MY'22.5 with the Heritage being delayed again.

Also, a little history, the blue in the renders wasn't Robin Egg Blue. Looks very close especially with the sepia filter that he applied to give it a vintage vibe to correlate with John Bronco himself, but the color was Brittany Blue as a thank you to me. He actually had the two colors as Yellowstone and Race Red.

I already paid Brian for work to deliver a Red Roadster.

Ford Bronco The new Boulder Mountain Edition Build .... (prototype) Sema_bronco_comp_V5
another very sweet render! This is so cool learning this history. Thank you!

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How many people are going to pay upwards of $100k (BRaptor range) for a rig and actually take it out in the rocks and beat on it? A factory "rock crawler" is going to perform mediocre at best. Hard core crawlers are going to put that $100k into a buggy and go bananas with it. Don't forget, the factory built rigs have DOT, EPA, and a host of other alphabet agencies to comply with. The BRaptor has the advantage of actually being a great road vehicle which is where 99% will spend their lives. I seriously doubt you could get the same on road manners from a crawler.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No... There are several with portals.... AND the Raptor is better at Desert running..... The ultimate would be the DR.... This is just trying to take that next step on the mountain side vs the desert side.
There’s a Bronco on portals just down the road from me. (not 74weld though) One of Bronco Buster’s.
I agree with your idea. We don’t have many places here in tx with high speed trails. More slow technical rock crawling that need high clearance and the jeeps are inherently better for that.
Ford Bronco The new Boulder Mountain Edition Build .... (prototype) EBB21C7F-BADD-47C1-87E6-0FF3139800EF

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How many people are going to pay upwards of $100k (BRaptor range) for a rig and actually take it out in the rocks and beat on it? A factory "rock crawler" is going to perform mediocre at best. Hard core crawlers are going to put that $100k into a buggy and go bananas with it. Don't forget, the factory built rigs have DOT, EPA, and a host of other alphabet agencies to comply with. The BRaptor has the advantage of actually being a great road vehicle which is where 99% will spend their lives. I seriously doubt you could get the same on road manners from a crawler.
Braptors are being used to rock crawl all the time, and they do pretty well. 100k is like 50k to some people. A rocks version would definitely sell, and get used for crawling.
Sponsored