First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Always found the accessory location on the Bronco A pillar troublesome for ditch lights. If you put true (flood type) ditch lights there and point them properly (at a roughly 30 degree angle) there is a serious amount of reflection/glare from the rear view mirrors that is troublesome at night as it tends to affect my night vision.

The DV8 A-Pillar Dual Light Pod Drop Mounts solve this problem beautifully, but now I get decent amount of wind noise above 30ish mph. Not sure if it is the bracket itself or the light pods I use (the Harbor Freight Rockshock 3 in).

Any suggestions to attempt mitigation?
Sponsored

SuperDave150

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Pictures please.

Are you using the same lights as you did on the OEM accessory location ?

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have lights on the drop brackets and haven't noticed any more wind noise, but it could be because I have a roof rack and a pretty bad air leak in my top that I haven't been able to track down and seal. I have so much wind noise that it might just drown it out.

Sample picture attached for those who aren't familiar with the drop bracket. It is GREAT for eliminating glare off the hood.

Ford Bronco Wind noise from DV8 Dual Light Pod Drop Mounts PXL_20240106_172424905

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Same here. I get a pretty annoying whistle at some speeds. It's bad enough I've been thinking about taking them off and going back to the single light.

Ford Bronco Wind noise from DV8 Dual Light Pod Drop Mounts 20240429_190421

OP
OP

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Same here. I get a pretty annoying whistle at some speeds. It's bad enough I've been thinking about taking them off and going back to the single light.

Ford Bronco Wind noise from DV8 Dual Light Pod Drop Mounts 20240429_190421
Been tempted to, but the thought of dealing with the limitations of the OEM accessory position is stopping me. I am going to experiment with shoving foam backer rod in various gaps over the coming days and see if I come up with something. Probably going to wrap the pods themselves in blue masking tape before heading to work tomorrow to eliminate the possibility of the cooling channels causing this.
Sponsored