Sponsored

Winch Mount Performance and Reviews (Specific to Capable Bumper)

Nate Train

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There seem to be a billion different posts/threads about winches and winch mounts, but none of them seem to really address (very extensively, anyway) what I want to know.

I've looked high and low for different winch mount options for the Capable Bumper. The hidden winch mount options (Lobo's HNT and the one from Rough Country) look great and at least one of them definitely fits the Capable Bumper. However, they also appear to require some cutting, which I'm not really comfortable with.

So that brings me to the high mount ones. For the most part they are too bulky for my taste, but I really feel like for the wheeling I want to do, it's absolutely essential.

So here's my request. I'm aware at least most of the winch mount options out there - I've spent hours looking. What I haven't seen are very detailed or clear reviews of the product. Has anybody actually put their winch to work and been really satisfied with what they got? I've heard that some don't provide enough structural support and have damaged vehicles when the winch is used. I'm definitely not on board with frame damage.

Does anyone care to share their experience with different winch mounts?
Sponsored

FloridaBurgBronco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2013 F-150 XLT HDPP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the JCR mount with a Superwinch 10k.

I haven't had myself stuck for real yet, but have tested it out a few times in various situations.

It works.

The end.
I also have the JCR winch mount bumper for the modular Ford bumper and it's a great product like all the other JCR stuff, made in America, no PRC junk, like so many other products on the market. I'd strongly recommend a JCR.

unnamed (19).jpg

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also have the JCR winch mount bumper for the modular Ford bumper and it's a great product like all the other JCR stuff, made in America, no PRC junk, like so many other products on the market. I'd strongly recommend a JCR.

Ford Bronco Winch Mount Performance and Reviews (Specific to Capable Bumper) unnamed (19)
Those Sherpa winches are no joke either. I have used the hell out of one on my F550.

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I got the second run of a Mabett winch mount (same thing you see from IAG and Buckle Up Buttercup and a few other Amazon brands) on my capable bumper, along with the now discontinued Tricky Dick frame horn reinforcement brackets

I would prefer something that doesn’t stick up so high, but other than that, my only complaint is the front sensors holes. One of the plastic covers got sucked out and lost in a deep water crossing

paired it with HF Apex Badlands 12k and have had 0 issues. Its pulled a stump & tap root out of the ground, pushed medium sized trees down and out of my way, and pulled me up and out sideways when I was stuck with my rear end in a mud hole and my front driver was wedged into a tree

For the discounts I got, I have 0 complaints

Once money allows, and after other more pertinent purchases, I’d prefer to get a different front bumper with winch mount and bull bar integrated

FloridaBurgBronco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2013 F-150 XLT HDPP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those Sherpa winches are no joke either. I have used the hell out of one on my F550.
So far, only used it a few times, but it didn't disappoint and Warn wanted a crap ton of money for synthetic rope and I wasn't buying Chinese, so Sherpa it was, very happy with the purchase.
Sponsored