First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m swapping for a Wildtrak grille soon to add some black with carbonized gray letters and a recent search resulted in more options than I anticipated.

Wondering if anyone here has had good/bad experiences with any of these brands on replacement grilles? Which would you choose?

IAG
Buckle Up Butter Cup
RPM
Sponsored

DarthLincoln

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 BMW M coupe, 2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have a Badlands, why not just paint your current grille gloss black?

I have an IAG grille (different design) which was a good experience, but I don’t know how it compares to other aftermarket brands for quality, packaging etc..

The only thing i didn’t like about the IAG grille was the shape of the BRONCO letters that come with it. They look very different than the OEM letters. But I think that is typical for all aftermarket grilles, due to Ford’s design trademarks.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

If you have a Badlands, why not just paint your current grille gloss black?

I have an IAG grille (different design) which was a good experience, but I don’t know how it compares to other aftermarket brands for quality, packaging etc..

The only thing i didn’t like about the IAG grille was the shape of the BRONCO letters that come with it. They look very different than the OEM letters. But I think that is typical for all aftermarket grilles, due to Ford’s design trademarks.
The aftermarket ones are cheaper than getting his painted but agree with you about the letters. If you have to pull the factory ones to switch over then just pay the little extra to have the OEM painted.

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2024 Rivian R1S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A lot of these companies use the same vendor from China. You can tell when you get it because they all use the same packaging and instruction print offs. That said i just installed the Buckle Up OffRoad Wildtrak style grill and am happy with it. It isn't quite OEM quality and a bit more "Bendy" but once it’s on you cant tell. I would buy again.

Oh, I also installed the Putco letters so I didn’t have the letter issue. However the Bronco letters that come with it do look way cheaper and not quite the same. Huge recommendation for the Putco letters…one of my favorite mods.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have the white one from IAG on my Wildtrak. so my original black Wildtrak grille is in the garage. The one thing I do not like is the size of the letters and that I can't get them in any color but black. And because of the sizing, some of the letters look a little funky...but overall it was still cheaper than trying to get the original grill painted white and get letters replaced etc.

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got the buckle up buttercup one. It had one bent plastic pin. But I bent it back and it didnt cause much issue.

Like others said the letters that come with it are worthless. So I bought UPR letters. Which are a 99% match to OEM and a breeze to install

@SubmarineNuke highly recommend the UPR letter if you don’t like yours. You can get them pre-painted in OEM colors too!

IMG_7721.jpeg

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I got the buckle up buttercup one. It had one bent plastic pin. But I bent it back and it didnt cause much issue.

Like others said the letters that come with it are worthless. So I bought UPR letters. Which are a 99% match to OEM and a breeze to install

@SubmarineNuke highly recommend the UPR letter if you don’t like yours. You can get them pre-painted in OEM colors too!

Ford Bronco Wildtrak Grille Options - Any Advice? IMG_7721
ironic...the IAG one had a bent stem and I contacted IAG because I was concerned that if I tried to bend it back it would break. The customer service rep agreed that it wasn't what they wanted and she sent out a replacement and return label.

I have looked at those letters before, but wasn't 100% sure. But if they connect the same way with the screws on the back and can be ordered in the colors then I might be ordering them. I wanted to order some red ones to go on the white grille.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ironic...the IAG one had a bent stem and I contacted IAG because I was concerned that if I tried to bend it back it would break. The customer service rep agreed that it wasn't what they wanted and she sent out a replacement and return label.

I have looked at those letters before, but wasn't 100% sure. But if they connect the same way with the screws on the back and can be ordered in the colors then I might be ordering them. I wanted to order some red ones to go on the white grille.
I would have sent mine back too but I waited months before opening the box 😫 so it was my fault.

they connect the same way but you don’t even need screws! It has pre-installed double sided tape and then little locking clips for the back side. Takes like 10 seconds to put each one on and because of the pins they are perfectly aligned with no hassle

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would have sent mine back too but I waited months before opening the box 😫 so it was my fault.

they connect the same way but you don’t even need screws! It has pre-installed double sided tape and then little locking clips for the back side. Takes like 10 seconds to put each one on and because of the pins they are perfectly aligned with no hassle
looks like the letters are on sale for $70 right now too....so I guess I'm gonna order some Race Red! I figure those would look great on the white grille, and since I'm going on vacation tomorrow I'm not gonna worry about shipping lol

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
looks like the letters are on sale for $70 right now too....so I guess I'm gonna order some Race Red! I figure those would look great on the white grille, and since I'm going on vacation tomorrow I'm not gonna worry about shipping lol
Enjoy the vacay! You’ll have a nice present waiting on ya when you get back!

Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Enjoy the vacay! You’ll have a nice present waiting on ya when you get back!
They offer a Military/Veteran discount. So additional savings on top of the sale. I'll take it. Give me a little something extra to do when I get home.

thewodg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A lot of these companies use the same vendor from China. You can tell when you get it because they all use the same packaging and instruction print offs. That said i just installed the Buckle Up OffRoad Wildtrak style grill and am happy with it. It isn't quite OEM quality and a bit more "Bendy" but once it’s on you cant tell. I would buy again.

Oh, I also installed the Putco letters so I didn’t have the letter issue. However the Bronco letters that come with it do look way cheaper and not quite the same. Huge recommendation for the Putco letters…one of my favorite mods.
I did the same exact thing (buttercup + putco), and I love the result.

I tried two previous IAG grilles (one I paid for, and one free replacement). Both had cosmetic issues and one had a fitment issue. IAG had great customer service though.

The buttercup grille had the bonus of coming with a matching camera bracket for those with a front camera. It still doesn't fit quite as well as OEM, but it is a barely noticeable difference.

You could also look around ebay/craigslist for an OEM takeoff. I priced out painting my original badlands grille, but that was way too expensive.

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I rather like my cheap Chinese eBay Raptor grille. Honestly for $167 it looks good, fits good and has been on for a year now.
Ford Bronco Wildtrak Grille Options - Any Advice? B715A4A9-69AE-4F81-B194-5706B13FDA16_1_105_c

DarthLincoln

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 BMW M coupe, 2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The aftermarket ones are cheaper than getting his painted but agree with you about the letters. If you have to pull the factory ones to switch over then just pay the little extra to have the OEM painted.
Interesting. I didn’t know having a grille painted was so much. Any idea what painting a grille costs?

My IAG grille came white and i knew i wanted it carbon black or maybe body color (HPR) or HPR surround with black or silver center. So I experimented first with HuyperDip to paint it all carbon black and liked it and haven’t touched it since then since the HyperDip is holding up. I’d like to get the whole grille painted HPR and then i can play with painting the center carbon black or silver or whatever using the HyperDip.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Interesting. I didn’t know having a grille painted was so much. Any idea what painting a grille costs?

My IAG grille came white and i knew i wanted it carbon black or maybe body color (HPR) or HPR surround with black or silver center. So I experimented first with HuyperDip to paint it all carbon black and liked it and haven’t touched it since then since the HyperDip is holding up. I’d like to get the whole grille painted HPR and then i can play with painting the center carbon black or silver or whatever using the HyperDip.
Honestly don't know but would think any shop would charge at least $300 to 500 to spray a grill with prep, paint and a clear, maybe more if they have to take it off and remount it. I've seen some comments on having the surround painted with the grille and iirc most have said around $1k for that.
Sponsored