First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Your build is off.. Add an axel upgrade for the Rubicon, which is needed when comparing to the Badlands, and it will add almost $5k to your Rubicon build..

I get it, people want to manipulate #'s to meet their point but your build, and pricing, is not a good comparison to the Badlands you built...
Not clear on the axle upgrade. The Rubi comes with upgraded axles with front and rear lockers. Do you mean the package with 35" tires? I didnt pick that on either build. Does the badlands even have a front locker without adding SAS? I just picked two builds and tried to get them close without adding any other options. I did point out that the Bronco is a bigger car/truck...which would have justified the price anyway. How about some facts to back up your claim. I'm pretty unbiased. I have a 2023 Bronco and a 2018 Rubicon.

Last edited:

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How about some facts to back up your claim. I'm pretty unbiased.
LOL...

Try looking at the axel gear ratios in you own configuration then let me know if you realize that they are not even close.. You need to upgrade the ratio in your Rubi build which adds almost $5K... They will never be exact but to make it more comparable, you'd need the axel gear ratio upgrade

And yes, the Badlands has front and rear lockers.. :crackup:

Sure you get larger tires with the Rubi axel ratio upgrade which puts it into Sas territory. The point is that you cannot make an as a matter of fact price comparison between the 2 builds because they are vastly different packages available .

Last edited:

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
LOL...

Try looking at the axel gear ratios in you own configuration then let me know if you realize that they are not even close.. You need to upgrade the ratio in your Rubi build which adds almost $5K...
The rear drive ratios by themselves mean nothing in comparing two different vehicles. Did you take into account transmission ratios for both vehicles, and crawl ratio's for the low gear for an overall number not just the rear. I can put 33s and 35s on either the bronco or the rubi with no issues. I could try adding SAS on the Bronco and the 35" package on the Rubi to get them closer and see how it works out, but I don't think it will change much.

Shorter gearing isnt always better. That means worst gas mileage. As long as you can crawl on the rocks and not stress the tranny, that is all that matters. You don't have to upgrade gearing on the Rubi to run 33s or 35s.

The whole point of this thread is comparing the price of a Bronco vs a Rubi to see which is a better deal. You'll never get any of the builds to match exactly.

Last edited:

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The whole point of this thread is comparing the price of a Bronco vs a Rubi to see which is a better deal. You'll never get any of the builds to match exactly, but using the rear axle ratio to determine the better deal is flawed thinking.
LOL

Badlands 2dr - 7 speed manual - 4.7 axel: No adds whatsoever = $52,635
Rubicon 2dr - 6 speed manual - 4.1 axel: Added a hardtop = $50,385
Difference = $2,250 (not the night and day people are complaining about)

For that $2,250 you get vinyl seats instead of cloth, you also get a much, much, much better axel ratio, removable doors that retain the mirrors, a headliner, rubberized flooring vs carpet, etc...

If you want to daily drive it with light off-roading (yikes at that axel ratio) then save the $2K, get better MPG and buy the base Rubi. If you want it as a daily driver and as a very capable weekend warrior then get the Badlands OR get the Rubi and upgrade the Rubi's gear ratio...

You're trying awfully hard to manipulate numbers to reach your desired outcome...

Last edited:

Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I cannot speak for anyone elseā€™s decision on buying their Bronco, but for me, came down to a few factors. First and foremost, Iā€™m a Ford guy. I have owned older F150s and Mustang Cobras, and became even more loyal to Ford after the auto bailouts. 2nd, I looks cool. Yeah, Jeeps do it for people who are into the box style SUV, but the Bronco looks unique. 3rd, I was four drinks in when I decided to order mine.
You have a drinking problem, it should have only taken one drink. šŸ˜†

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
LOL

Badlands 2dr - 7 speed manual - 4.7 axel: No adds whatsoever = $52,635
Rubicon 2dr - 6 speed manual - 4.1 axel: Added a hardtop = $50,385
Difference = $2,250 (not the night and day people are complaining about)

For that $2,250 you get vinyl seats instead of cloth, you also get a much, much, much better axel ratio, removable doors that retain the mirrors, a headliner, rubberized flooring vs carpet, etc...

If you want to daily drive it with light off-roading (yikes at that axel ratio) then save the $2K, get better MPG and buy the base Rubi. If you want it as a daily driver and as a very capable weekend warrior then get the Badlands OR get the Rubi and upgrade the Rubi's gear ratio...

You're trying awfully hard to manipulate numbers to reach your desired outcome...
For 2k more, in your scenario. I'd take the Badlands. As a daily, the Bronco is a better vehicle and roomier. In your comparison, jeep will only let you get the 3.6 in a manual and the 2.3 with the turbo would be a lot more fun. As mentioned I had just done a quick comparison with similar options. Badlands also comes with LED lighting from what I read and it would have been an add on for the Rubi. In my scenario to get the auto, the badlands forced me into the 2.7 which is also a more powerful than the 2.0. There are lots of variables and builds that we could look at. Even for an extra 3 to 5k, in my comparison, the Bronco is definitely worth looking at over the jeep. They are both great vehicles.

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For 2k more, in your scenario. I'd take the Badlands. As a daily, the Bronco is a better vehicle and roomier. In your comparison, jeep will only let you get the 3.6 in a manual and the 2.3 with the turbo would be a lot more fun. As mentioned I had just done a quick comparison with similar options. Badlands also comes with LED lighting from what I read and it would have been an add on for the Rubi. In my scenario to get the auto, the badlands forced me into the 2.7 which is also a more powerful than the 2.0. There are lots of variables and builds that we could look at. Even for an extra 3 to 5k, in my comparison, the Bronco is definitely worth looking at over the jeep. They are both great vehicles.
Exactly..

They are difficult to compare, pricing wise, as they come with different standard features and each option (like auto trans, gear ratio) adds different, and mandatory, adds.. Adding an automatic to the Bronco will add other mandatory items.. The same can be said for the Rubi.. Adding a better axel ratio causes a serious price bump on the Rubi due to it's mandatory additions..

I am not hating on Jeeps. I've had Jeeps (CJ, YJ, TJ, JK) dating all the way back to the mid 80's and this is the 1st Ford I've ever purchased.. I loved the G1 Broncos and was excited when I saw the G6 and knew I wanted one..

I agree that Ford should have kept the base Bronco where it was, price wise.. The way it stands now you can get a stripped base Wrangler Sport 2dr for $33,890. A stripped base Bronco (now the Big Bend) 2dr will run you $42,170. That's quite the difference but I have to wonder how many of these stripped base models are actually sold? Maybe that's why Ford dropped it?

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Exactly..

They are difficult to compare, pricing wise, as they come with different standard features and each option (like auto trans, gear ratio) adds different, and mandatory, adds.. Adding an automatic to the Bronco will add other mandatory items.. The same can be said for the Rubi.. Adding a better axel ratio causes a serious price bump on the Rubi due to it's mandatory additions..

I am not hating on Jeeps. I've had Jeeps (CJ, YJ, TJ, JK) dating all the way back to the mid 80's and this is the 1st Ford I've ever purchased.. I loved the G1 Broncos and was excited when I saw the G6 and knew I wanted one..

I agree that Ford should have kept the base Bronco where it was, price wise.. The way it stands now you can get a stripped base Wrangler Sport 2dr for $33,890. A stripped base Bronco (now the Big Bend) 2dr will run you $42,170. That's quite the difference but I have to wonder how many of these stripped base models are actually sold? Maybe that's why Ford dropped it?
I don't think Ford could make money on the 29,999 base bronco, which is what they first offered it at. Manual trans, 2.3 turbo. The base also came with cruise, electric windows, locks, etc....It was pretty loaded for a base. I remember a base jeep was hand crank windows, no power locks, no ac. I'm pretty sure there would be a huge demand for them, but with the strikes, material price increases, it just doesnt work anymore. You got a lot of truck for the money.
My SAS base, 2.7, auto, came in at about 36k on a reservation at Granger. The closest big bend is now like 56k. At the time jeep couldnt touch it. When the Broncos hit the lots though they started coming in at 10k over msrp. I tried trading in my jeeps for Broncos, but the dealers werent even willing to negotiate out here. MSRP is just that. What really matters is what the dealers will do and right now they are all over the place on pricing.

Sponsored

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I guess I need to start making a boobtoob video every time I make a decision.

Today for lunch it was lengua tacos over chicken ensaladas. Tune in tomorrow for a riveting episode where I choose how many ice cubes to put in my drink. Comment below with your best guess and tell us your favorite shape of ice. Like, subscribe and pet your cat.
This post was made on Wednesday. You have not updated the forum with how many ice cubes and their shapes and it has been 3 days. You will never get monetized if you can't produce content. I have unsubscribed and I hate cats.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shit my non Sasquatch 2021 2dr BL with 2.7, tow package and roof rack was 48,000.

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350/2024 Bronco Big Bend (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It isnā€™t 3 years ago though. This is 2024. The wranglers price has gone up substantially also. When I ordered my wrangler it went up $5000 before it was delivered. Thankfully I was price protected.
It is what it is... if You want a Bronco you are going to pay for it. If you want a Jeep you are going to pay for it. The Big bend "base" config is not bad if your price conscious, but yes you start adding things like auto trans, azure gray, switches, rear lockers, etc it will add up fast. Not even talking about the SASQ pkg which I'm glad I did not get.

Grabberdemon

Raptor
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I couldnā€™t decide between the Raptor or the 392 Extreme so we decided to order both and sell the one that we liked the least. The Braptor is so much more advanced technologically and drives smoother than the Rubicon. Much better engineering and user friendly than the 392Xtreme. The 392 however, is just a ridiculously fun vehicle that runs and sounds like an absolute beast and has power and sound that the Braptor canā€™t touch. Our vehicles are pavement princesses so I canā€™t give any feedback on off-road capabilities but I can tell you that the fun factor for both are 10 out of 10. The verdict was clear for our familyā€¦..we kept both!

IMG_0874.jpeg

IMG_0334.jpeg

IMG_0272.jpeg
Sponsored