Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Above 70, the wind noise with my sunrider + ditch light whistle gets crazy! Never felt the need to go faster. But, I also make it a point to never camp in the left lanes unless passing. To each their own 🍻
Sponsored

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I usually stick between 5-10 over the speed limit but stick with faster traffic. But I also enjoy just driving the Bronco so I’m not usually in a rush to get anywhere unless I need to be.

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Seems like I'm always zooming past Bronco's out here in Cali. On the freeway, Bronco's are usually in the slow lane, or in the middle lane driving below the speed limit. On the street, it seems like they're all in Eco mode, just trailing behind everyone. If I didn't own one, I'd think they were underpowered and slow.

This isn't me driving fast either. Between the freeway and street, I'm usually at 65-75/35-45.
It’s the same reason people like you cause accidents and high insurance rates

Mkass

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I roll with the traffic flow. I see no need to drive like a mad man.

buzzcutt2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I drove like a maniac when I was young. I remember hitting 152 on my ZX-11 on a South Carolina back road racing another motorcycle. Those days are behind me now. I don't see a reason to risk my life to save a few minutes while traveling. I rarely go over 85 now, and usually go slower. Sometimes I just cruise at the speed limit (70 mph) on the highway, and when I do, I get passed a lot. And that is absolutely cool. If I wanted to go crazy speeds, I would have bought a sports car.
That ZX-11 will go faster than that...🏍

Sponsored

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sounds like a typical Californian to me
😂😂

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I drive my Bronco very light footed- I don't want to beat on it as I intend to keep it forever and I want to get as good MPG as I can in it. 70 MPH tops on the highway. The wind affects it a lot to, so better to be safe. I also drive my 2021 Mazda Miata with track package light footed but the car is so fast I am driving it much faster than the Bronco, without trying at all. The Bronco is not slow by any means BTW.

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 LARIAT CREW C. 3.5L ÉCO 2022+ BRONCO BL.2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

GOOD MORNING We bought the BRONCO mainly to get to our second house located in the forest.. 100 thousand outward and 100 thousand return on unmaintained road of holes, rock, sand,, some go 10 to 15 mph so as not to go all destroy and be able to park at the door of the house with all the luggage. If I use a trailer I have to redo the suspension once a year. Lots of radar photos on asphalt roads. It's wasted money that adds nothing to my life. I respect the speed limits, no tickets in 55 years of driving and no accidents. I can therefore afford two houses and hunt moose every year. The bronco is my off road vehicle not a racing vehicle. My toy only... TRACKTOY

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I tend to drive slower because I just enjoy driving the Bronco.
this..I‘m in no particular hurry to get anywhere fast. I leave for an appointment with the intent on being at least 1 hour early and in 30+ years I have been late once due to a bus in front of me turning over.

i just don’t care and I will go bout 68 to 70 in a 65mph zone.

Sponsored

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Like many others, I find that my fuel economy takes a plummet at about 75+. As in 2+ drop in mpg's difference. The 2.3 has no problem powerwise but the aerodynamics lose some dymanic at speed.
If we have a road trip, the wifeys Bronco Sport gets the nod. Better economy, plenty of power to roll at 85 and better cargo capacity than the 2 door.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

People waited months/years for their Bronco.....chance they paid over sticker, parts and replacements are almost non-existent.......

So the last thing they want is some asshole Cali driver who is either texting or smoking pot while driving to hit them.

Oh, and not to mention Broncos aren't known for their great gas mileage, and at $5+ per gallon...it literally pays to drive slower.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
People waited months/years for their Bronco.....chance they paid over sticker, parts and replacements are almost non-existent.......

So the last thing they want is some asshole Cali driver who is either texting or smoking pot while driving to hit them.

Oh, and not to mention Broncos aren't known for their great gas mileage, and at $5+ per gallon...it literally pays to drive slower.
Plus it's not like the Bronco is some kind of pavement sports car. I mean, it's good for it's class, but you don't raise a vehicle up and put huge tires and block design to excel on pavement. Those are actually some of the last things that would be designed into a vehicle to excel on pavement.

I've got a car that I whip around on pavement, but it's specifically designed to excel in that regard. I don't get the allure of whipping around pavement in some bulky SUV.

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems like I'm always zooming past Bronco's out here in Cali. On the freeway, Bronco's are usually in the slow lane, or in the middle lane driving below the speed limit. On the street, it seems like they're all in Eco mode, just trailing behind everyone. If I didn't own one, I'd think they were underpowered and slow.

This isn't me driving fast either. Between the freeway and street, I'm usually at 65-75/35-45.
Because they paid Toofa King much!!!

Last edited:

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hit THAT nail on the head!!!
Aw, but don't worry; all those assholes moved here to Texas.
Sponsored