First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Knocking out some necessities since it’s brand new. Ceramic tint (30% on front and 50% on the rear dyed privacy glass), dash cam connected with the Dongar autodimming mirror adapter, and Mountains2Metal front door pockets for every day carry on the driver side and whatever on the passenger.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_0880

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_0879
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_0878
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_0877
Sponsored

LewyOnMars

Wildtrak
First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Drove up to Chambersburg PA to pick up the trailer I bought at auction ($1k + $500 in fees and taxes :p ... still a bargain).

For the pintle hitch to work in a raised position I had to take off my spare.. fortunately had a trailer handy to haul it :wink:

I'll be swapping the hubs to something bronco compatible, then putting 35"s on an extra set of rims I've got and that'll help lower it all of an inch (it's currently on 37"s)... going to try and make some other changes to see if I can get it down another 5 inches or so. Longer term I'll probably need to try and extend the tongue a bit if I want to be able to open the tail gate all the way with the trailer attached.. might not need to though, not sure yet.. I could get it a little over half way open with the trailer angled like that.. so maybe once it's lowered it won't be as bad as I'm thinking.

I head to texas and new mexico in another 2-3 weeks.. if I can get the hubs swapped before then I'll take the trailer with me and throw some bars on it so that I can mount a roof top tent... if I can't get the hubs swapped I probably won't take it this trip.. not sure how long it's been sitting so the tires and hubs (I've heard of a lot of heat/bearing issues with the currently installed hubs) have me a little nervous about 4k-5k mile trip.

Longer term plans...... Another fun project :)

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  PXL_20240603_125633805

Mike cip

Raptor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ford bronco raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Got the Wolfbox G900 rearview mirror/camera install done this weekend, got quick from @StickerFab

Didn't use the hardwire or the GPS antennae. Got power from one of these mirror harness power adapters and double-sided taped it up to the plastic housing of the lane keeping stuff

Mounted my camera on the rear brake light. Not crazy bout the flex/vibration when going over bumps...but i guess i can live with it.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  PXL_20240603_125633805
what mirror harness power adapter did you go with? No issues with power? Id like to do the same and not interested in powering the GPS or parking camera. Just want for a rear view mirror. thanks

flashpunk

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Promaster
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
what mirror harness power adapter did you go with? No issues with power? Id like to do the same and not interested in powering the GPS or parking camera. Just want for a rear view mirror. thanks
Can't speak for the poster you're asking, but i installed the same mirror/screen with a Dongar Technologies adapter. It's a little chonky so im looking for a smaller one. Looking forward to other responses here.

Fred H.

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco6G 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_0650
Anyone have luck installing this on the standard plastic bumper? Website says plastic/capable so I bought it, but having trouble getting the bumper to slide in over the bar. Any tips would be appreciated.
Yes, with the help of two vice-grips and a very large rubber hammer wielded with the help of a friend, who happens to be a ferrier. The width of the brackets seems too narrow to fit on the bumper at first. We pinched the bumper on either side of where the brackets go to at least get the corner started and then used the rubber mallet to beat it on. Then did the same on the other side. Used a 4 lb. sledge hammer to get it centered. For most of the three hours it took, we didn’t think it could be done.
Anyone have luck installing this on the standard plastic bumper? Website says plastic/capable so I bought it, but having trouble getting the bumper to slide in over the bar. Any tips would be appreciated.

Sponsored

Mike cip

Raptor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ford bronco raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Can't speak for the poster you're asking, but i installed the same mirror/screen with a Dongar Technologies adapter. It's a little chonky so im looking for a smaller one. Looking forward to other responses here.
good to know the Dogar one works. I saw another adapter on Amazon called FitDVR

sabasigh

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I used this one: Amazon.com: Naponal GPS Dash Cam Power Adapter, (16Pin Type A Connector) Mirror Camera Radar Charger Station GPS Dashcam Charger Cable for Select Ford Bronco, F150 and More with Auto-dimming Rearview Mirror : Electronics

And used only 1 USB port...which i was able to fold over and tape it on top of itself and tape the stacked harness to the lane keeping camera housing snug up behind the mirror.

Not great detail here
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  1717475126943-0d

Mike cip

Raptor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ford bronco raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

falcon5962

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Outer Banks/ 2019 Ford F250 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Today I visited the Veterans Freedom Flag Monument in Lima, Ohio.
The largest stationary flag of its type in The United States. The monument sits just outside of the Joint Systems Manufacturing Center, home of the M1A2 Abrams Main Battle Tank.
If you get the chance to visit this site, you won’t be disappointed.

β€œDedicated to the men and women who have served to protect our freedom.
  • To recreate the American Flag, the monument is made up of 5 twenty-foot pillars of tiles. Each red, white or blue tile called a "brick plate" is engraved with the name of a veteran, current service person, or someone who just wants to say thanks to our veterans for their freedom.
  • To read more about the monument, please visit https://uawfreedomflag.com/
    Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_5502

AXMRDR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '02 F350 4WD Crew, couple of Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Base
Drove up to Chambersburg PA to pick up the trailer I bought at auction ($1k + $500 in fees and taxes :p ... still a bargain).

For the pintle hitch to work in a raised position I had to take off my spare.. fortunately had a trailer handy to haul it :wink:

I'll be swapping the hubs to something bronco compatible, then putting 35"s on an extra set of rims I've got and that'll help lower it all of an inch (it's currently on 37"s)... going to try and make some other changes to see if I can get it down another 5 inches or so. Longer term I'll probably need to try and extend the tongue a bit if I want to be able to open the tail gate all the way with the trailer attached.. might not need to though, not sure yet.. I could get it a little over half way open with the trailer angled like that.. so maybe once it's lowered it won't be as bad as I'm thinking.

I head to texas and new mexico in another 2-3 weeks.. if I can get the hubs swapped before then I'll take the trailer with me and throw some bars on it so that I can mount a roof top tent... if I can't get the hubs swapped I probably won't take it this trip.. not sure how long it's been sitting so the tires and hubs (I've heard of a lot of heat/bearing issues with the currently installed hubs) have me a little nervous about 4k-5k mile trip.

Longer term plans...... Another fun project :)

PXL_20240603_125633805.jpg
Have you considered a hitch extension piece to get out past the spare tire? I can barely use my 8' trailer because of the spare. I still may get an extension piece just to make it easier to connect. Mine is not a pintle hitch.
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  1717498113466-x1

Sponsored

LewyOnMars

Wildtrak
First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Have you considered a hitch extension piece to get out past the spare tire?
Good call... I should order one I guess. I did look for an extension.. but only when I was in tractorsupply picking up the hitch :) (and they didn't have any). Would be more convenient. ... Although popping the tire off did show much just how much more rust was on the RTR tire mount (The powder coat on the RTR mount leaves a lot to be desired.. I'm going to have to sand and paint, i kinda just want to toss it and start over with something else.. but it was pricey)

jsoa

Heritage
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Good call... I should order one I guess. I did look for an extension.. but only when I was in tractorsupply picking up the hitch :) (and they didn't have any). Would be more convenient. ... Although popping the tire off did show much just how much more rust was on the RTR tire mount (The powder coat on the RTR mount leaves a lot to be desired.. I'm going to have to sand and paint, i kinda just want to toss it and start over with something else.. but it was pricey)
aww I was looking at the rtr mount, hearing this is disappointing, which bits started to rust?

SixEighty680

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BadSquatch, 22 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Added the icon tie-rods yesterday and put the ford tie-rods with the sleeve supports in my off-road tool box for spares.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Might have to look into this for hoisting my RTT ever year
I wanted a way to install/remove the RTT on my own, without another pair of hands, which aren't always available. I thought of an engine hoist. I had to add on an extension to the arm (perforated square tubing) because the tent would rub against the arm the higher it went. The extension is still a little short so I'll need to modify that. I used a 2"x6" board and straps, RTT at about a 110lbs the board would bow a bit, but shouldn't break.
Sponsored