Muddog899

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 f150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does this need to be taken off every time you want to put the panels back? Looks that way from the pics.
I was able to put the the tops back on, by taking the 2 front bungee straps off and the same thing for the sides I took 2 off and was able to reach my arm in between the covers and the netting to latch the covers on.
Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Installed Stickerfab gloss black hood overlay.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? 👨🏻‍🔧🧰🚿🛠 PXL_20240530_170919302

cynicalrider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Count me unimpressed. Anything that removes height from the cabin is a no-go for me. I sleep in the back practically every night I am off-road and at 6 ft tall my head touches the hard top when I sit upright in the back. Having anything there means I am going to be hitting my head on it every night I go to sleep and then again in the morning when I wake up... And sometimes in the middle of the night when I need to pee.
I'm 6'2" and sleep the other direction so it's a non issue. Also I imagine you have quite a large amount of layers under you to be level with how the seats incline up if you are sleeping with your head by the tailgate door? That sounds like your bigger problem not a shelf that takes up the most useless space in the Bronco.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Put my sun shade on dam the bungee straps where hard to stretch to mount it.
Be careful of this bungee. I had a mesh top like this and that metal bracket sliced through the bungee in a couple months.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? 👨🏻‍🔧🧰🚿🛠 IMG_5216

Sponsored

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco® The Sasquatch™ 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Where did you get these... can you provide a link?... do they come in other colors?... do you need adhesive or are they lick n stick?... thanks...
They come in all the Bronco body colors. Unfortunately, the only place you can get them from is Photoshop ;)

Stevenson James

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Installed the Bestop Sunrider. This is the latest revision of the flip back top with a simplified installation. The revised version has fewer parts/hardware and also includes 2 additional support brackets on the back side. Overall a simple installation, but it did require some adjustments to the hardware as well as the stock oem latch brackets.
So far I am really liking it.
I will be creating a more detailed post soon.
When you mention "adjustments to the oem latch brackets", what does that entail? I am looking to add this to my bronco as well but want to make sure i can go back to the hardtop for the winter. It seemed like their installation video i watched a little while back indicated this was possible.

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350/2024 Bronco Big Bend (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

When you mention "adjustments to the oem latch brackets", what does that entail? I am looking to add this to my bronco as well but want to make sure i can go back to the hardtop for the winter. It seemed like their installation video i watched a little while back indicated this was possible.
The online video from bestop for the 2 door install is aged. Some of the instructions apply, but not all. They have really simplified the installation. You will have no problems removing it for winter. I am in WI and plan on doing the swap each year. The OEM latch bracket on the passenger side had to be moved forward towards the windshield just a bit (1/8") so that the latch was more secure on the twill top. It's just the two factory bolts that have to be loosened and slid forward. Depending upon hos they are setup at the factory you may not need to adjust at all. Just be prepared that it will not be as quiet as the factory hard top, but livable.
I will post a separate thread on my install experience as I did have some issues, but nothing I couldn't figure out.

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350/2024 Bronco Big Bend (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Installed Stickerfab gloss black hood overlay.

PXL_20240530_170919302.jpg
Looks great!...How was the install? I purchased the Matte Black overlay from sticker Fab, but have not installed yet...

Sponsored

Stevenson James

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The online video from bestop for the 2 door install is aged. Some of the instructions apply, but not all. They have really simplified the installation. You will have no problems removing it for winter. I am in WI and plan on doing the swap each year. The OEM latch bracket on the passenger side had to be moved forward towards the windshield just a bit (1/8") so that the latch was more secure on the twill top. It's just the two factory bolts that have to be loosened and slid forward. Depending upon hos they are setup at the factory you may not need to adjust at all. Just be prepared that it will not be as quiet as the factory hard top, but livable.
I will post a separate thread on my install experience as I did have some issues, but nothing I couldn't figure out.
Awesome, thanks! Looking forward to your post.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks great!...How was the install? I purchased the Matte Black overlay from sticker Fab, but have not installed yet...
Really easy imo. I'm pretty comfortable installing vinyl but went smoother than I anticipated. Watch his second video, with the topo map hood overlay and follow the video. I used soapy water in a spray bottle. Clean your hood first and I also wiped down the hood bump with alcohol too just to ensure good adhesion.