Sponsored

Was my 2023 2 Door Black Diamond Supposed to Have Roof Sound Deadening?

Platypus

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond 2 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As the title says... looking at the standard equipment on the ford website and it seems like that should have been included. Mine does not have sound deadening. Did anyone else have this issue? It has the MID package as well.

/EDIT - Meant to say ROOF sound deadening
Sponsored

CN72

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
850+ Days and still waiting
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are you asking about the roof sound deadening? What does your roof interior look like?

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If youre referring to the roof, you have to select it when ordering or you wont get it. If youre asking about behind trim panels, no.

Appalachia_Ewok

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 PT Cruiser, '62 DeVille, '96 XJ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My base 2 door came with sound deadening on the roof, which I did not select or order.

But I didn't get my roof rack, floor mats, or aux switches that I did order...

I think they just kicked mine out the door with whatever it had on it and called it a day. At least it was the right color.

If you're really upset about the sound deadening, I'd do a straight trade with you :p

Sponsored

Golfsnob

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base 2 Door, Manual, 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Base
My 23 base got the sound deadening which was included on the original order back in 2020/21 whenever it was but I also didn't get the roof rack or aux switches that I did order.

JeffL

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye / 2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
ones with washout floors required you or the dealer to check it off at time of order. it was free.

OP
OP

Platypus

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond 2 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My base 2 door came with sound deadening on the roof, which I did not select or order.

But I didn't get my roof rack, floor mats, or aux switches that I did order...

I think they just kicked mine out the door with whatever it had on it and called it a day. At least it was the right color.

If you're really upset about the sound deadening, I'd do a straight trade with you :p
I might take you up on that offer since mine is about to roll into the body shop to get repainted under warranty lol

It sounds like I should check my window sticker, mine was a customer order that didn't get picked up. The person that placed the order might have declined that option I guess

CN72

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
850+ Days and still waiting
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If I recall correctly - Sound Deadening was originally an option. And then came the roof issues and the roof recalls. I think Ford then included the sound deadening for all the original orders which were effected/delayed by the roof recall. This was a massive reason why 2 doors were being produced in such small numbers for the first few model years. Not sure when you reserved/ordered, but that could be why you didn't get it.

The sound deadening is basically a layer of carpet on the ceiling. It might help some. I would think there's an aftermarket add on or something you could add to help. A few threads on here with how people added things to make the hardtops less noisy. The weakest part is the corner from side to roof in the back half which has no sound deadening. Bitch to your dealer and see if they can get it for you. Good luck.