Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco 2.7 4d Oxford White & 22' JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just to be clear, I'm posting this just as informative, not affiliated with the company/brand in any way.

Just received my @Turn Offroad spare tire carrier, already had their adjustable carrier and camera mount along with the license plate relocation kit which came earlier. My timing was perfect, was taking my laptop out to the garage and my evil half asked why..... As I walked out, the Fedex delivery came as I opened the garage door.

There is also a full time coupon code (at least at the time of this posting): bronco6gforum for 10% off.

Here are the parts that I had ordered:
2021-ford-bronco-hd-tire-carrier-tailgate-reinforcement
Ford Bronco Turn OffRoad Spare tire carrier 1700242741075

And the Ford Bronco Adjustable Tire Carrier & Camera mount
Ford Bronco Turn OffRoad Spare tire carrier 1700242836222

The reason I went with this company is that I have seen them provide excellent customer service on threads. Not everything goes right with any brand, and when it doesn't, I wanted to be sure the company would back up their products.

I also chose this product as it fit every checkbox I had. I wanted something that replaced the factory hinge but also just as important, I wanted adjustability on the tire mount so it wouldn't have a gap between tire and mount plate. In other words, part of the tire is pressed into the mount itself and helps reduce fatigue and rattle. With different offsets and tires, we need that adjustability.

Labor day sale, I did take advantage and ordered the tire delete along with it. Although rare, I do run with no spare from time to time depending on what trail/obstacles I am planning on going to. With the sale price I pretty much paid for the two parts and got a free tire delete setup that mounts to the hinge carrier.
Ford Bronco Turn OffRoad Spare tire carrier 1700243204433

Package arrived:
Ford Bronco Turn OffRoad Spare tire carrier 1700243258314

Damn, this was packaged really good, much better than a recent delivery from a different brand:
Ford Bronco Turn OffRoad Spare tire carrier 1700243317743

Dumb tip for the day, make sure you have all tools for the install, friggin T47 Torx was not to be found in my garage.

Had reviewed Turn's install videos many times, even before ordering the parts as I try to see what I'm in for. let me just say, their youtube channel with instructions are good.

I am not an installer by any means, have been doing most of the work on the bronco myself so learning along the way. On my jeep, I started with the last few installs as labor was getting expensive.

Here is the final product and I am happy with it. It does exactly what I wanted, and has the features that was a must have for myself. I did have a minor issue, it was after hours..... I messaged turn asking if anyone was there monitoring the messages and they responded quickly. They could have pawned me off until the next day or so but they didn't. They worked with me until I had my issue resolved, this is what makes a good company, a great company for us.

Final pics:
Ford Bronco Turn OffRoad Spare tire carrier 1700243661443

Ford Bronco Turn OffRoad Spare tire carrier 1700243701585

Ford Bronco Turn OffRoad Spare tire carrier 1700243741641

Been running the 37 on the stock plastic tire carrier for about 3 weeks, glad to have this on there now as I have a Utah run coming up tomorrow.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Wtb13000

Wildtrak
First Name
Wyatt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nice install.

Quick question. How far do you need to open your swing gate to raise the back window? Is it beyond 90degrees opening / parallel with the side of the truck? Iā€™ve noticed the large rubber square on the window stripping seems to hit the tailgate and I need to really swing it wide to clear. Hard for my younger kids to manage.

Did the angle opening increase at all after install?

OP
OP
TEAMSLO

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nice install.

Quick question. How far do you need to open your swing gate to raise the back window? Is it beyond 90degrees opening / parallel with the side of the truck? Iā€™ve noticed the large rubber square on the window stripping seems to hit the tailgate and I need to really swing it wide to clear. Hard for my younger kids to manage.

Did the angle opening increase at all after install?
Actually I'm in the same boat as you are. I do have to open it just past 90 degree mark to clear it. But with the way it lines up with the seal while closed, it seems to be a perfect fit so not a big deal to me. I could probably do some minor adjusting but the install took me way longer than expected with a couple of trips to the store, I was done last night. Still sore today lol.

I measured wrong for the tire width and ended up heaving the friggin spare up and down 4 times which after a long night made it worse.

Wtb13000

Wildtrak
First Name
Wyatt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Exactly exactly exactly...brought mine to an installer, he loved the product and we were talking about the opening process and he said the same thing, this was in tolerance and typical.

I'd be curious if you play around with it in the future what you find.

Sponsored

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks great, and you are right about their customer service/support and their packaging, top notch. šŸ»

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Their packaging is great. I swear it took me almost as long to unwrap my bumpers as it did to install them šŸ˜†

OP
OP
TEAMSLO

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Took our group up to Utah Saturday and nothing out of the ordinary. Not sure if it is coincidence or what.... But the squeeky water bottle constant noise I had is gone. Hopefully its not virus like and comes back anytime soon.

Now I just need to chase down a different rattle in the cargo area that has been irritating the heck outta me since new.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35ā€™s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely interested to see how this product behaves long term. Also interested to see how TOā€™s future swing limiter, Jerry can & Jack mount play out.

Personally Iā€™m interested in a full blown rear bumper with a twin Jerry can provision, however Iā€™d prefer to keep the weight down.

Good luck, let us know how it goes!

cheers.

OP
OP
TEAMSLO

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Their packaging is great. I swear it took me almost as long to unwrap my bumpers as it did to install them šŸ˜†
What's your opinion on the bumper for heavy use off road? To be honest, im questioning my decision as I did like the design of their bumpers but I went with a different brand that I have the same on my Jeep as its proven on some of the more technical trails that it'll stand up to some good abuse.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What's your opinion on the bumper for heavy use off road? To be honest, im questioning my decision as I did like the design of their bumpers but I went with a different brand that I have the same on my Jeep as its proven on some of the more technical trails that it'll stand up to some good abuse.
I haven't bashed any rocks with it yet. It seems like a solid bumper, but as a tube bumper it's more for desert running than rock bashing. It also doesn't have integrated recovery points, instead you'll have to rely on the factory points. However, for my purposes it's suited me just fine so far.
Sponsored