Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Badlands Sasquatch Hardtop 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is a bummer.

I was one of people that took a Bronco “sooner” by dropping the MIC. The soft top is terrible IMO so I would rather have a hard top that I have to take the entire top or rack off at this point.

Either way this seems like a bit of a flaw with the aftermarket tops or an opportunity for someone to engineer another rack.
Well two options that allow this do exist (Gobi, Raket), they just don’t fit my ”needs”. What I may consider doing is picking one that’s reasonably self contained structurally like a Mesa or Frontrunner and fabricate a way to quick disconnect the front and pivot similar to the Gobi. Honestly, it might be possible to just pivot one front Corner up high enough to allow room to dislodge the corresponding side of the targa, then slide the targa over and rotate it out. That’s all speculative though. Ultimately this is a fine example of a first world problem lol. I was even considering saying screw it and just install the Trailrax and live with not removing the Targa. Without a practical way to store it somewhere spontaneously it becomes a moot point. The one time I tried to put the seat down and position it on one of the side edges against some cargo, it got all dinged up during a short drive, despite wrapping it in a blanket. At the size it is, removing it is relatively pointless in all but limited situations. I’d put this in the box of things you miss after they’re gone. The whole experience makes me appreciate the modularity of the MIC design. So currently, pluses for TOR on perceived durability and in my opinion styling, but the MIC takes practical design, and oddly aftermarket support. At least for my use case.
Sponsored

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Currently having decision paralysis. It’s time for me to pay for mine before it ships in the next couple weeks and trying to decide between moving forward or letting them throw me to the back of the line. I’ve seen people mention a new headliner coming eventually, and am also wondering what sort of improvements to the top may happen over the next few months. Anyone care to chime in and help get me off the fence? :unsure:

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Currently having decision paralysis. It’s time for me to pay for mine before it ships in the next couple weeks and trying to decide between moving forward or letting them throw me to the back of the line. I’ve seen people mention a new headliner coming eventually, and am also wondering what sort of improvements to the top may happen over the next few months. Anyone care to chime in and help get me off the fence? :unsure:
Get the TOR hard top and enjoy it. You could bounce this back and forth forever - There's always going to be changes that occur with anything you buy. TOR has proved to stick by its customers and when small enhancements come out, like the latch covers, they are great about ensuring earlier customers are supported.

There's also a risk in waiting for things: Sometimes things get worse with design changes *cough* Chevy Blazer *cough*

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Get the TOR hard top and enjoy it. You could bounce this back and forth forever - There's always going to be changes that occur with anything you buy. TOR has proved to stick by its customers and when small enhancements come out, like the latch covers, they are great about ensuring earlier customers are supported.

There's also a risk in waiting for things: Sometimes things get worse with design changes *cough* Chevy Blazer *cough*
Good points and appreciate the response. Todd shared some additional details over email about the questions I had in my original post. I think I’m gonna go ahead and make the purchase.

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just paid for mine. The original timeline was June, but it's arriving sooner! I had been waiting for the ADV hardtop for a while, but I canceled it today as they are still pushing the timeline (now it's the end of June). I'm not going to miss another season, watching my rack and and rooftop tent sitting in the garage for another year...

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Turn Offroad

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hi everyone, has anyone experienced a water leak issue from the front of their targa top? I noticed a slight leak when I took my car to a self-car wash, and today, with heavy rain in Southern Alberta, the leak is much worse, and the entire front targa top mat is wet. If you've had this issue, how did you fix it? I've checked the latches, and they seem to be secured correctly.
Hey there! This is a first but I'm sure it's likely something that can be easily remedied. Can you shoot us an email at [email protected] with some photos of how you have the targa installed and we can start to troubleshoot this?

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just paid for mine and supposed to ship May 17! @Turn Offroad any issues sharing here what Todd shared with me over email regarding headliner plans?

American Sender

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 F250 Highboy, 1969 Bronco and 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hopefully have an exact answer by the end of this week.
Hi Todd, any word on the primered tops?
Also, is there any chance the roof rack billet attachments and hardware for the exterior can be shipped bare so they can be painted to match the hardtop exterior color? Thank you.

@Turn Offroad

Last edited:

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey everyone,

We’ve been paying close attention to your feedback on our hard top, and we’re thrilled to announce an upgrade that not only improves functionality but also enhances the aesthetic of your Bronco’s interior!

We’ve designed a new handle cover for the latch that perfectly complements the look of the hard top. We believe this small addition makes a big difference!

For those who have already purchased our hard top, keep an eye on your mailbox. We’re sending out these handle covers to you at no extra cost as a thank you for your support and feedback. If you bought our hard top through one of our retailers and not directly from us, —just reach out to us, and we’ll make sure you receive your set as well.

Don’t forget to check out the video we’ve attached to see the handle cover in action. We hope you love this new addition as much as we do!

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Just got a shipping notification from USPS for a package from Riverside, CA - wonder what it could be? :wink:

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone remember about how long their top took to show up after shipment?

Sponsored

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

CDUBHTOWN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted BadSas I 911.1 Turbo S I Expy King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone had the latches rattle quite a bit? Any solutions? I’m thinking of just wrapping electric tape around the metal that touches each other on each latch. Love the top, but the targa latches are not so great.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone had the latches rattle quite a bit? Any solutions? I’m thinking of just wrapping electric tape around the metal that touches each other on each latch. Love the top, but the targa latches are not so great.
If your latches rattle, try adjusting the nut to tighten it up.

However, my “rattling latch” issue wasn’t my latches - it was the bolt above it that mounts the hard top to the Bronco (one on each side). It had backed its way out and was rattling badly. After re-tightening it a couple times with the same issue, I added a tiny bit of blue thread locker - problem solved! A lock washer may help as well.

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have been noticing that TOR tops include free shipping. WOW, this just makes me want my number to be called even more. The OTHER vaporware top , was 1,000. delivered to my home. total cost over 7,000. glad I decided on switching to TOR.
will actually get the top
lifetime warranty
'free shipping

hope that they come up with surprise add on upgrades that they hopefully have in the works.

i.e. rain gutters

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been noticing that TOR tops include free shipping. WOW, this just makes me want my number to be called even more. The OTHER vaporware top , was 1,000. delivered to my home. total cost over 7,000. glad I decided on switching to TOR.
will actually get the top
lifetime warranty
'free shipping

hope that they come up with surprise add on upgrades that they hopefully have in the works.

i.e. rain gutters
It’s not, but is cheaper
Sponsored