Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Side windows that vent or are removable.
Really good call. It would be cool to be able to remove the side windows like the jeep one touch top but would be even cooler if the rear tailgate glass had some sort of quick release to remove that easily to go to a safari top.

I’m very interested so see what they come up with.
Sponsored

Imonamoose

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Repeating some points for visibility and adding a few more.

I want a rain channel for open windows during inclement weather.

I want two way double hung slider windows on the back side windows to access my compressor and molle grear from the outside.

I want an easily removable back window hatch so the dogs have a better view.

I want integrated low profile roof rack that can handle a pelican case, a hijack, water and fuel cans, and an awning. Not interested in roof top tent strength.

I want integrated ditch lights and campsite lights above the B and C pillars.

Please and thank you.

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I want a hard top that will last and not crack, bubble, etc, etc like old school.

jwysopal

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This OEM top is off of a 2021 so it ought to be 1.0
It doesn't matter, but just to clarify, early 2021 Broncos had MIC 1.0, but after they halted production, all following 2021 and on Broncos had MIC 2.0.
I have an early '21 with MIC 2.0, which is why most 21's sat on "dirt mountain" for so long.

I'm super curious to see what you guys do with this, very exciting!
Me personally, my biggest item on hardtop wish list is the removable rear windows that was on the concepts, but that Ford couldn't pull off in time for release.

That would be awesome ✌
Thanks for investing (and in turn, growing your business) in the Bronco community!
Looking forward to the prototype designs!

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Diggin this thread....

Sponsored

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So a rain channel would be nice. Back window with defroster would be nice. Quieter than what is out now would be nice. Maybe back windows that slide open or are storable?

and enough led lights I get a tan when the doors open

Last edited:

ScLeCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We like to keep it interesting! I can say with what we have planned it should be able to carry A LOT more weight than anything out there now.
At the expense of how much added weight? I eventually want to lift my Bronco, I don't need an extra 100 pounds of roofpanel weight up top.

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Diggin this thread....
Agreed. Off topic, what break is that in your profile pic, Teahupoo?

Also, I like the idea of a 2-piece top, and agree about the removable windows and rain channel.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This OEM top is off of a 2021 so it ought to be 1.0
OK, thanks for that statement! Now post a realistic comparison photo of one of your production (not prototype) hard tops for comparison, and a latest 2.0 MIC top. That would be interesting.

It’s so easy to spin shit now-a-days. From your (shocking) photo, of the 1.0 MIC top it easily appears to be an obvious piece of shit. Is one photo representative of all Ford MIC 1.0 and 2.0 tops? I certainly don’t know, mine is still flawless. I know a lot of you will assure me they are crap. But haven’t surveys recorded here shown different results? Time will tell however….. I’m only at the 1 year point. I hope your top will be “better”. Yet, anything new won’t be perfect. Trust me from being an engineer/project manager that has dealt with a lot of one off equipment installations.

Also, anyone can build a “better” top, but can you make a profit selling it at prices the market (these folks here) will be willing to pay? I hope so, that’s the American way, right?

One huge problem I see is the shipping cost (including crating) for a no weight (mostly air) high volume load. Eight per flatbed in volume? One each @ $500 to $1000?

Last edited:

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Agreed. Off topic, what break is that in your profile pic, Teahupoo?

Also, I like the idea of a 2-piece top, and agree about the removable windows and rain channel.
Yes not me LOL! Just a surf rat at heart! On topic the only thing I do wish Ford was to invest in the top issue. It is a big part of the Bronco along with other things.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One huge problem I see is the shipping cost (including crating) for a no weight (mostly air) high volume load. Eight per flatbed in volume? One each @ $500 to $1000?
Pretty sure the ADV tops are pretty much shipping flat crate - You need to put it together (top, sides, and rear glass). It looks like an easy install, and will save a ton of wasted shipping space like you mentioned.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All great ideas listed above that would sell in high volume for $4000 including shipping. Sorry to be negative but, really good luck with your top, I may be in the market for one in the future.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty sure the ADV tops are pretty much shipping flat crate - You need to put it together (top, sides, and rear glass). It looks like an easy install, and will save a ton of wasted shipping space like you mentioned.
Absolutely! But there a ton of folks here who do not have that capability and will have to ship to an installer. Isn’t that cost a part of the top?

MsPickles

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey guys,

We are excited to announce that we have started the process of building our own hardtop at Turn Offroad. We started the R&D process by chopping our OEM hard top down for engineering on our molds and thought you guys would be interested in seeing what a cross section of the OEM top looks like!

IMG_8587.jpg

Our top had better resin penetration than what we've seen from other photos circulating around.

I'm also interested in hearing opinions on options not currently available in the aftermarket. We hope to have a prototype within the next few weeks and to begin production shortly thereafter. Stay tuned for more progress photos of the process and ultimately photos of a working prototype!

**We will not be taking preorders, we will only begin selling our tops when they are in stock ready to ship**
Hey guys,

We are excited to announce that we have started the process of building our own hardtop at Turn Offroad. We started the R&D process by chopping our OEM hard top down for engineering on our molds and thought you guys would be interested in seeing what a cross section of the OEM top looks like!

IMG_8587.jpg

Our top had better resin penetration than what we've seen from other photos circulating around.

I'm also interested in hearing opinions on options not currently available in the aftermarket. We hope to have a prototype within the next few weeks and to begin production shortly thereafter. Stay tuned for more progress photos of the process and ultimately photos of a working prototype!

**We will not be taking preorders, we will only begin selling our tops when they are in stock ready to ship**
I see the pics of the tops cut and I wonder how many recycled Amazon boxes are in each top? ;)

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

i am going to paint my 2 door top and feel like many who have the mic may have already learned to live with it - but if you make a 2 door hard top that has slider windows and a no tint option in off white, i’m in
Sponsored