Sponsored

Turn Offroad Aftermarket Hard Top for the Win!!

Sandman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After having my hard top installed by the team @Turn Offroad @TURN Todd on April 30th, I've been thoroughly impressed with the performance. Initially opting for a soft top to get my Bronco early back in 2021, I've experienced both the factory OEM soft top and the Bestop Trektop. Since the installation of the hard top, I've noticed significant improvements in various aspects:

1. The design is sleek, and the fit and finish are snug.
2. The top enhances the vehicle's stability, particularly noticeable during turns.
3. Reduced drag at highway speeds compared to soft tops.
4. Driving is more enjoyable with significantly less wind and road noise.
5. No issues with pops, creeks, or rattling thus far.
6. Even in scorching temperatures exceeding 100 degrees, the cabin remains refreshingly cool when the A/C is on.

If you're considering upgrading from a soft top to a hard top or in the market for a hard top, I highly recommend the Turn Offroad hard top. Many thanks to Todd, Cole, and the entire team for providing such a wonderful purchasing experience!

IMG_2272.jpeg
Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m still quite happy with mine as well. I’m selling my soft top next Friday and was searching for the roll bar brackets. They were still on the bronco hiding under the TOR top! I was able to loosen the bolts with vise grips and remove the brackets with the hard top still in place.

kahunabob

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m still quite happy with mine as well. I’m selling my soft top next Friday and was searching for the roll bar brackets. They were still on the bronco hiding under the TOR top! I was able to loosen the bolts with vise grips and remove the brackets with the hard top still in place.
What is the selling price on the softop? I may do the same soon. Thanks!

3People1Body

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F150 and Taurus.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

These new tops are nice, but my factory mic2 hardtop has not had an issue in 38k miles... Hardtop standard on the original Wildtraks.

RDBroncoJr

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will this top accommodate OEM wiper and fluid hookups?

Sponsored

Drexeljoe

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Got the TOR hardtop 4 weeks ago and love everything about it. Certainly much quieter than the soft top on the highway, particularly when next to big rigs.

Has anyone noticed slightly better gas mileage with the TOR hardtop as well?

Most of my driving is on the highway and I would normally get slightly over 21 mpg with the softtop.

I have driven about a 1,000 mile with the TOR hardtop at this point and am getting a bit over 23 mpg.

Perhaps it is not a big enough sample size yet but I was trying to think thru whether this is real or not. Nothing else has changed with the vehicle (same tires, have not added air, no tune-up, etc.).

The only thing that comes to mind is perhaps there is less drag with a hardtop versus a softtop and that could influence mpg if most of your driving is on the highway. Probably not enough to calculate an ROI though.

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

After having my hard top installed by the team @Turn Offroad @TURN Todd on April 30th, I've been thoroughly impressed with the performance. Initially opting for a soft top to get my Bronco early back in 2021, I've experienced both the factory OEM soft top and the Bestop Trektop. Since the installation of the hard top, I've noticed significant improvements in various aspects:

1. The design is sleek, and the fit and finish are snug.
2. The top enhances the vehicle's stability, particularly noticeable during turns.
3. Reduced drag at highway speeds compared to soft tops.
4. Driving is more enjoyable with significantly less wind and road noise.
5. No issues with pops, creeks, or rattling thus far.
6. Even in scorching temperatures exceeding 100 degrees, the cabin remains refreshingly cool when the A/C is on.

If you're considering upgrading from a soft top to a hard top or in the market for a hard top, I highly recommend the Turn Offroad hard top. Many thanks to Todd, Cole, and the entire team for providing such a wonderful purchasing experience!

Ford Bronco Turn Offroad Aftermarket Hard Top for the Win!! IMG_2272
Thank you for the review! It was great meeting you!

OP
OP
Sandman

Sandman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got the TOR hardtop 4 weeks ago and love everything about it. Certainly much quieter than the soft top on the highway, particularly when next to big rigs.

Most of my driving is on the highway and I would normally get slightly over 21 mpg with the softtop.

I have driven about a 1,000 mile with the TOR hardtop at this point and am getting a bit over 23 mpg.

Perhaps it is not a big enough sample size yet but I was trying to think thru whether this is real or not. Nothing else has changed with the vehicle (same tires, have not added air, no tune-up, etc.).

The only thing that comes to mind is perhaps there is less drag with a hardtop versus a softtop and that could influence mpg if most of your driving is on the highway. Probably not enough to calculate an ROI though.
I've noticed a slight improvement in fuel efficiency, about 2 mpg. However, I've only driven around 1,000 miles so far.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've noticed a slight improvement in fuel efficiency, about 2 mpg.
That's like 10% or more - I'd call that more than slight

I didn't really notice any difference between the soft top and my Rally Top, but it has a different coating that TOR and that may make a difference.

OP
OP
Sandman

Sandman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will this top accommodate OEM wiper and fluid hookups?
The current setup doesn't support rear wiper and defroster functionality, but I believe the team is working on a solution. Living in Southern California, I've driven without those features for three years while owning a soft top, so it hasn't been an issue for me.

Sponsored

fpostgate

Big Bend
First Name
Farley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2024
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

23 mpg really? My foot must be pretty heavy (I have a 2024 big bend 2.3L with MT and hard top) and I keep it on sport mode, but I only get 18 max on highway.

FWP

Drexeljoe

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
23 mpg really? My foot must be pretty heavy (I have a 2024 big bend 2.3L with MT and hard top) and I keep it on sport mode, but I only get 18 max on highway.

FWP
I have an OBX with the 2.7L V6 ecoboost. I don't have the sasquatch package or the big tires so that will make things a little more efficient.
Sponsored