Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got a picture of the lightbar installed?
Not at the moment. It's mounted on the L-brackets which are anchored into the provided T-nuts, and is aimed forward and very slightly down.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not at the moment. It's mounted on the L-brackets which are anchored into the provided T-nuts, and is aimed forward and very slightly down.
interesting, when you get a chance, toss a photo into this thread so we can investigate. To be honest, you should not be seeing a noticeable increase in wind noise.

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m all installed now and I notice more wind noise when I get at/above 65+ mph but it doesnā€™t seem excessive. Thatā€™s with lightbar (heretic) and two grab handles per side. I think following a few of the suggestions on the less cowbell hardtop wind noise thread, Iā€™m in an ideal state.

until I use it as intended with a bunch of stuff strapped all to the top like a cross between the clampetts from Beverly hillbillies and mad max.

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Btw, great fit and finish to the pieces. I got the pak rax too. Trying to figure out how much over hang Iā€™d have if I got the max trax mounting plate or if keep it where I planned on the spare tire platform.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Btw, great fit and finish to the pieces. I got the pak rax too. Trying to figure out how much over hang Iā€™d have if I got the max trax mounting plate or if keep it where I planned on the spare tire platform.
So many things to "finish" it, and they add to the cost and weight. Check my posts for some ideas on mounting gear using permanently placed 1/4-20 T-nuts and an assortment of similarly sized eyes (with threaded studs), threaded posts, carriage bolts, washers, and nuts. My philosophy is to mount things right to the MRWR, and to put mounting plates and things for the gear to be mounted do. I.e., no "middle man."

Sponsored

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question: Iā€™ve had several of the FrontRunner Wolf Pack boxes for awhile. Iā€™d like to get roam cases but looks like thereā€™s a back order situation. So I got the mounting brackets for the Wolf Pack boxes for now with the idea that I mount those boxes at the back, and roam cases up front when they become available.

when I go to mount the brackets for the wolf pack boxes, it becomes clear that the cross bars need to be slightly less far apart to make this work well - the bracket needs to mount towards the center of the case on a cross bar, and the case needs to be supported by at least two crossbars.

is there any harm in moving one of the original cross bars to the variable channels to accommodate this or do I need to get a spare cross bar to make this happen properly?

darinhouston

Badlands
First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I still want to see a PakRax designed to work with OEM rails

Steve B

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22, 2 DR WT, 22 4 DR WT, 22 Mustang GT (Stock-ISH)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I ordered the Trailrax for my 2 door and my wife's 4 door. I think it is worth the 2 week wait to get them. I am currently shopping rooftop tents. Thule is running a sale right now and seems to be a decent tent. Has anyone mounted a Thule Roof top tent on the Trailrax? Is it possible without the Thule crossbars? Thanks a lot for any info.

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered the Trailrax for my 2 door and my wife's 4 door. I think it is worth the 2 week wait to get them. I am currently shopping rooftop tents. Thule is running a sale right now and seems to be a decent tent. Has anyone mounted a Thule Roof top tent on the Trailrax? Is it possible without the Thule crossbars? Thanks a lot for any info.
Hey! Thank you for your business and thank you for your orders! We are working hard to bring that 2 week shipping lead time down, we have brought on a few more hands in our warehouse to catch up so we should see those wait times start to drop.

For Thule, Their tent is very similar to others on the market so their mounting is likely very similar. In their instructions they do talk about 17mm gaps to clamp onto something, our cross bars are 2"Wx1"H, so hopefully this helps but we don't think you will have a problem installing a Thule tent on our rack!

Sponsored

Steve B

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Great. Thanks. We are still shopping around for the right tent. We are looking at several options. We are hoping to buy one and be done.
These racks will be worth the wait. We would rather have to wait a couple weeks for a product if it means that it will work. Roof racks are one of the most important mods for what we do.

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great. Thanks. We are still shopping around for the right tent. We are looking at several options. We are hoping to buy one and be done.
These racks will be worth the wait. We would rather have to wait a couple weeks for a product if it means that it will work. Roof racks are one of the most important mods for what we do.
Awesome! We appreciate that! What tents are you looking at? Maybe we can help determine what might be the best direction with our experience with most tents on the market. Let us know!

Steve B

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Roam Vagabond is top on our list. Also the Thule Tepui Explorer Autana. Reviews on the Thule are mixed. Clam shells seem to be a little small. Plus I would rather exit over the side and gain the additional shade the tent provides. Any insight or options are appreciated. ALso, the plan is to mount it on the 4 door, but the ability to interchange it to the 2 door is a must.

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Roam Vagabond is a great option for your situation! Another option to consider is by iKamper. They also make very quality tents that could fit your needs. iKamper has a large selection, but for your situation is the Skycamp 3.0.

I.Vegabond

Badlands
First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Roam Vagabond is top on our list. Also the Thule Tepui Explorer Autana. Reviews on the Thule are mixed. Clam shells seem to be a little small. Plus I would rather exit over the side and gain the additional shade the tent provides. Any insight or options are appreciated. ALso, the plan is to mount it on the 4 door, but the ability to interchange it to the 2 door is a must.
Not sure what your requirements are for a rooftop tent - but I'd highly recommend the Roofnest Sparrow XL. It is a perfect fit for the 2 door, easy setup (60 seconds max), easy put down, hard shell, nice waterproof sides, and can keep all your bedding in it when it's closed.
It fit great with the TrailRax
Ford Bronco TrailRax Modular Roof Rack For Your Bronco DB8BF470-CCFE-4EFC-997B-148B9CEA11D5

Ford Bronco TrailRax Modular Roof Rack For Your Bronco DCC3E3FA-6AA0-49E7-BEAD-43E0DBD88B57

Ford Bronco TrailRax Modular Roof Rack For Your Bronco B4C8C122-F109-44D6-AE34-A221B218367F
Sponsored