First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not flat ground towing, but all 4 wheels on a trailer towed behind a UHaul. I was transferred again for work (second time since I ordered the Bronco) and have to drive several hundred miles south.

4-door Badlands, non squatch, 7-speed manual trans. I haven't really found anything on this, although I'm sure its out there, but what do you put this thing into to tow like that?
Sponsored

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not flat ground towing, but all 4 wheels on a trailer towed behind a UHaul. I was transferred again for work (second time since I ordered the Bronco) and have to drive several hundred miles south.

4-door Badlands, non squatch, 7-speed manual trans. I haven't really found anything on this, although I'm sure its out there, but what do you put this thing into to tow like that?
If youā€™re putting the entire vehicle on a trailer then I agree with @FleshTuxedo . In gear, E-brake engaged, tied down securely. Shouldnā€™t go anywhere. This is something Iā€™d expect you to know if youā€™re ever going to be promoted to head greenskeeper. Cannonball coming!

OP
OP
CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If youā€™re putting the entire vehicle on a trailer then I agree with @FleshTuxedo . In gear, E-brake engaged, tied down securely. Shouldnā€™t go anywhere. This is something Iā€™d expect you to know if youā€™re ever going to be promoted to head greenskeeper. Cannonball coming!
Ok, I should have been more specific. I was wondering if you put it in 2Hi or put everything in neutral like I was flat-towing it or what. Although it would be a hell of a drive if I just pulled it up on the trailer and took off.

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok, I should have been more specific. I was wondering if you put it in 2Hi or put everything in neutral like I was flat-towing it or what. Although it would be a hell of a drive if I just pulled it up on the trailer and took off.
Definitely a Cinderella story there. Youā€™d have tears in your eyes I guessā€¦

In all honesty I donā€™t see any issues with leaving it in 2-Hi with the transmission in gear and e-brake on. If you do that and itā€™s ratcheted down good, itā€™s not going to provide much momentum on the drivetrain over the course of normal driving patterns. I donā€™t think configuring the vehicle like you would for flat towing would hurt it either. I donā€™t see anything in the manual that states otherwise. Go with what youā€™re comfortable with.

Sponsored

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On my long travel ranger I would just put it in park. Not sure if that was correct or not, but never had an issue. It was an AT so that doesn't really help you.

If you plan on towing it a lot on a flatbed I would suggest investing in some of these straps that have the axle wrap built into it. They are very simple and save lots of time. I used to use the long yellow straps you could get at home Depot, but they were so long it was a pain dealing with the extra length. They also have lots of different variations if you want the hooks twisted or a different connection point besides a hook.

Ford Bronco Towing on a flatbed 41TOTtz9lCL._AC_SY1000_

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1531285933...UUwV1OyTZ6&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ā€˜1928 model A, ā€œ23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Best is to tie it down all in neutral ā€œwith ebrake onā€, then release and reapply ebrake put in 4L low gear if manual/park if auto.

LockedBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Best is to tie it down all in neutral ā€œwith ebrake onā€, then release and reapply ebrake put in 4L low gear if manual/park if auto.
What do you do if it won't go in 4L and then it won't go back in 4H or 2H do you start all over. But then it's tied down and you don't know if it in neutral or in gear. Now if you release the tie downs, but how do you know if the parking Brake will hold?
Now what?

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ā€˜1928 model A, ā€œ23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What do you do if it won't go in 4L and then it won't go back in 4H or 2H do you start all over. But then it's tied down and you don't know if it in neutral or in gear. Now if you release the tie downs, but how do you know if the parking Brake will hold?
Now what?
Yeah, electronic stuff sucks....

Sponsored
OP
OP
CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now what?
Thatā€™s my main concern.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are towing on a trailer all you need to do is leave it in 2 wheel drive. Put it in park and use good...let me repeat good straps. The straps are key. I use Mac's Custom straps. They cost a bit more, but then again straps are key. I stared with axle straps, but now I have weld on axle brackets. These are easy to reach and give a better point to secure the straps. I've towed my TJ and JK from home MI to AZ, MI to Idaho/Montana, MI to CO. No issues at all. Make sure your vehicle is properly centered, side to side, front to back. More front then back.

Reason I use Mac's. Their ratchet is a lot stronger then most over the counter. Their hooks on the strap are the same. Straps are stronger material and all items are made in Idaho. They had a JK jeep strapped to a trailer, the lifted the trailer with a crane, and left it hanging during the Moab Easter Safari.

Here is the link to youtube. My 2Ā¢.
Sponsored

Last edited: