Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Road construction in my area finally got me this week. I had several large rocks kick up from car in front of me and land right in the middle of my hood. My HE is shadow black. Anyone have recommendation on where to get touch up paint (dealer, aftermarket, etc)?
Sponsored

e34john

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
e10, e30, e34
Your Bronco Model
Base
Used Dr. ColorChip before, worked pretty well. I only have white cars though, so its a bit more forgiving.

Sponsored

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've used https://www.automotivetouchup.com/ before with great results
I checked there, entered the information for my Bronco, and they don't have Rapid Red, which is the one that I would need. I'm pretty sure that Ruby Red Metallic is slightly different, since that is the color of my Escape, and when you park the two cars next to each other, it is obviously a slightly different color. And who knows that Lucid Red Pearl Metallic is, or Vermillion.

Ford only offered two red colors for 2021, but those guys list five.

I guess it's easier if you have a boring color like white.

RBJRBJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Last edited:

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I checked there, entered the information for my Bronco, and they don't have Rapid Red, which is the one that I would need. I'm pretty sure that Ruby Red Metallic is slightly different, since that is the color of my Escape, and when you park the two cars next to each other, it is obviously a slightly different color. And who knows that Lucid Red Pearl Metallic is, or Vermillion.

Ford only offered two red colors for 2021, but those guys list five.

I guess it's easier if you have a boring color like white.
They have different paint names on their website but if the paint code matches what you have on your Bronco, then it should be a perfect match I believe. I remember having the same concern with my previous vehicle but the paint and flakes were spot on.

Bill K

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Road construction in my area finally got me this week. I had several large rocks kick up from car in front of me and land right in the middle of my hood. My HE is shadow black. Anyone have recommendation on where to get touch up paint (dealer, aftermarket, etc)?
I just got mine from the dealer. Can find cheaper online for a few bucks but chose to pay with Ford points...

Sponsored

ironmike

Raptor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
They have different paint names on their website but if the paint code matches what you have on your Bronco, then it should be a perfect match I believe. I remember having the same concern with my previous vehicle but the paint and flakes were spot on.
Second this. Color names are not the thing to match, but rather the paint code which should be listed on a sticker on the driver front door jamb.

If you’re still worried, then give them a call and they’ll confirm for you what is the right color. They definitely have it, and can ship you a sample if you need to do an eyeball comparison prior to painting.

66RedHotRetro

Heritage
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Heritage Edition 2 door Race Red
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I purchased Race Red and Oxford White touch up paint kits from my Ford dealer for my 24' Heritage. Each kit comes with both base color and clear coat for the top. Thankfully haven't had to use them yet. I think my RokBlokz mud flaps are probably the reason because the 35 inch Sasquatch tires throw rocks like it's their job! Lol!

Ford Bronco Touch Up Paint? 20240502_085249

20240406_142517.jpg

OP
OP
OverlandingPastor

OverlandingPastor

Heritage
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I purchased Race Red and Oxford White touch up paint kits from my Ford dealer for my 24' Heritage. Each kit comes with both base color and clear coat for the top. Thankfully haven't had to use them yet. I think my RokBlokz mud flaps are probably the reason because the 35 inch Sasquatch tires throw rocks like it's their job! Lol!

Ford Bronco Touch Up Paint? 20240406_142517

20240406_142517.jpg
My flaps are working well also. This was a bolt or something else metal thrown up by another vehicle. It landed in middle of hood and then hit windshield. Getting glass repaired today.

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
https://chipex.com/

My Bronco is also Shadow black, and I've had to touch up a few small chips.

malpais

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some old Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

+1 for dealer paints. They are more money but you know they’re the right color, albeit a bit thick.

Applicators are garbage (but that’s the same for all touch ups).
Sponsored