Sponsored

Thoughts? Liqui Moly full synthetic oil…

ryartz

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have used this oil with the Bronco 2.3, what’s your opinion of it?

IMG_2127.png
Sponsored

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not if you believe Project Farm! According to his testing (4 years ago mind you), Amazon Basics oil beat it in a comparison test.

I’ve spent many hours on that channel looking at all of his tests.

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thats a completely different oil though.

I'm using molygen in ours and many others are too.

I like project farm and he comes up with some interesting tests, but I'm not sure the viability of many, but at least each test subject gets identical treatment so you can see how things perform in that test at least.

OscarHTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was planning on using Liqui Moly after the first oil change. Maybe sooner.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fine oil. Perhaps expensive for what you're getting. Meets all the specs. Don't think it will change your life though. I've ran 4 different synthetic oils over 20k miles and noticed no difference. Mobil 1, Amsoil, Pennzoil, Kirkland.

https://pim.liqui-moly.de/pdf/en_US/liqui/76/P001757

Sponsored

spuddy59

Base
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Fine oil. Perhaps expensive for what you're getting. Meets all the specs. Don't think it will change your life though. I've ran 4 different synthetic oils over 20k miles and noticed no difference. Mobil 1, Amsoil, Pennzoil, Kirkland.

https://pim.liqui-moly.de/pdf/en_US/liqui/76/P001757
Just buy the CHEAPEST full synthetic oil that meets the viscosity requirements.
These oil discussions are silly.
Agree with both. I run Quaker State Full Synthetic as it's widely available...and according to this blog is one of the best motor oils around outside of higher priced oils. But truthfully there's no magical oil that's gonna be head and shoulders above the rest. It's mainly keeping up with the maintenance of changing the oil that'll be your best bet.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Had my Bronco for almost 2 years now.... do my own oil changes... and running 7 qts.... like they said to do in the first place.... didn't trust Ford on their BS on the dip stick... also use Amazon oil...

ericwmedic

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Focus RS NB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Adam at TunePlus (one of the best EcoBoost tuners out there) turned me on to the MolyGen when I had my Focus RS. The oil company itself makes some claims that may or may not be true about reliability, fuel mileage, etc. It's probably a matter of placebo effect, but when I changed from running the Motorcraft synthetic 5W50 (that's the "mandatory" viscocity) @ $15/qt to the MolyGen at the same price, my RS did seem to idle quieter and smoother. Adam recommended running the 5W50 at 6 quarts and topping off with the Ceratech additive, so that's what I did.

I just ordered 6 quarts of the 5W30 MolyGen and a can of Ceratech to try on my 2.3L Bronco, so we'll see if the placebo effect continues lol.

BroncoBish

Badlands
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ONLY run the MOLYGEN! I have since day one. It is an amazing product and I have also done some promo work with them too. If you have any questions let me know!

Ford Bronco Thoughts?  Liqui Moly full synthetic oil… Screenshot 2023-08-05 131315

Sponsored

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oils are mostly a personal preference thing these days, like tires. Some might work better for some people and others might not…. As long as you’re talking comparable product, like both being full synthetic.

I run the Liqui Moly Molygen in my Jeep and have now for many years. It’s a great oil in my personal opinion. I will also run it in the Bronco, even though I’ve only got 700 miles on it today.

If it sounds good to you, run it!!!

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here I thought this brand was completely joke. I have only seen it at Walmart so I just figured it was blah. I have been a Pennzoil Synthetic user since Mobile 1 changed formulas 10 years ago. More for price since I am big on service intervals not so much the brand. I shoot for 3-4000 mile services in the bronco since it's mostly driven to go wheeling.
Sponsored