First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 4Runner, 1967 Mustang 2+2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like it. Just waiting on a flat top and somehow to bridge the gap between the rear seats folded down so I can sleep on top of it.
You're the second person to inquire about it. We do offer a custom accessory service to design and build many types of custom mounts or platforms to work with the Packhorse. The basic model comes with accessory mounts designed into the main floor brackets to readily accept bolt in accessories. We are a full custom overland and camping vehicle accessory provider. If you can think it, we can probably design and build it for you. Message us via our website and let's get you a quote. wickedrelicsoffroad.com
Sponsored

Heckler

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So how exactly do you access the floor Jack and storage? Does the platform lift up?

OP
OP
WickedG6

WickedG6

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So how exactly do you access the floor Jack and storage? Does the platform lift up?
Excellent question and not one I’ve had before. The tray slides out far enough to clear the floor storage access panel. This way if your tray is fully loaded you wouldn’t have to unload it to access the jack or other storage compartment. I’ll put something in my video update on accessing the storage. Thank you.

Heckler

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Excellent question and not one I’ve had before. The tray slides out far enough to clear the floor storage access panel. This way if your tray is fully loaded you wouldn’t have to unload it to access the jack or other storage compartment. I’ll put something in my video update on accessing the storage. Thank you.
Oh ok I see, so basically you have to pull it all the way out and reach over from the side to access. Hopefully not something that needs to be often so shouldn’t be a big deal.

Tacanta14

Black Diamond
First Name
Wasichu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond 4 Door 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks to be a really well designed slide out! Any chance you could post the height from the bottom of the slide out tray to the top of the 4 raised tie down points; looks like simply placing 2 2x4's with a 1/2" to 1" piece of plywood on top would make it level for sleeping. When I don't take my tear drop I use the deepsleepoverland mattress (just 1 side) and my 100 lb Pittie/Mastiff gets the other floor space! Thanks!

Sponsored
OP
OP
WickedG6

WickedG6

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh ok I see, so basically you have to pull it all the way out and reach over from the side to access. Hopefully not something that needs to be often so shouldn’t be a big deal.
Even with a large cooler and basically the entire tray full it’s still pretty easily accessible.

OP
OP
WickedG6

WickedG6

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks to be a really well designed slide out! Any chance you could post the height from the bottom of the slide out tray to the top of the 4 raised tie down points; looks like simply placing 2 2x4's with a 1/2" to 1" piece of plywood on top would make it level for sleeping. When I don't take my tear drop I use the deepsleepoverland mattress (just 1 side) and my 100 lb Pittie/Mastiff gets the other floor space! Thanks!
From the bottom of the tray down to the floor is approx an 1”. It can actually be adjusted with different height standoffs on the hardware.

Tacanta14

Black Diamond
First Name
Wasichu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
From the bottom of the tray down to the floor is approx an 1”. It can actually be adjusted with different height standoffs on the hardware.
Thanks for your reply, but I was asking for the measurement from the flat portion of the tray to the top of the tray, where the 4 semi-circular with the hole in the middle tabs are. It looks like placing 2ea 2x4's in the tray from front to back at the position of the tabs and placing a piece of plywood just bigger than the tray would make for a level platform with the back seats down.

OP
OP
WickedG6

WickedG6

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for your reply, but I was asking for the measurement from the flat portion of the tray to the top of the tray, where the 4 semi-circular with the hole in the middle tabs are. It looks like placing 2ea 2x4's in the tray from front to back at the position of the tabs and placing a piece of plywood just bigger than the tray would make for a level platform with the back seats down.
Ok, apologies for the misunderstanding. The tray is 2" deep and the CNC anchor tie downs are 1" above the top of the tray. Hope this helps. Thanks for the question.

Tacanta14

Black Diamond
First Name
Wasichu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Perfect! Putting 2 ea 2x4's in, then a 1" plywood platform should get me (almost) to the top of the tie downs!

Sponsored

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OK, I'll ask. Any plans to fit this to a 2 door with rear seats removed? Or a shortened version for 2 door?

I know the 4 door drawer will fit in a 2 door with seats removed ala @BroncoUnicorn in the thread (he's actually ditched the drawer system lately due to weight and went with lighter frame system):

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-a-2-door-bronco-with-rear-seat-delete.23711/

But only the two front cargo tiedowns secure and the rear doesn't secure without rigging something up. Since you guys are a fab shop, might be easy for you to come up with custom brackets to fit this to a 2 door.

OP
OP
WickedG6

WickedG6

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OK, I'll ask. Any plans to fit this to a 2 door with rear seats removed? Or a shortened version for 2 door?

I know the 4 door drawer will fit in a 2 door with seats removed ala @BroncoUnicorn in the thread (he's actually ditched the drawer system lately due to weight and went with lighter frame system):

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-a-2-door-bronco-with-rear-seat-delete.23711/

But only the two front cargo tiedowns secure and the rear doesn't secure without rigging something up. Since you guys are a fab shop, might be easy for you to come up with custom brackets to fit this to a 2 door.
The easy answer is that I know someone with a 2 door and I'll check it out. Jump over to my website and subscribe so I can message you back with some results.

OP
OP
WickedG6

WickedG6

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@stuckinohio
The easy answer is that I know someone with a 2 door and I'll check it out. Jump over to my website and subscribe so I can message you back with some results.
From the looks of it I can form a plate to mount in place of the rear seat brackets and use the existing holes after checking images on the interwebs. Would it be worth a reasonable upcharge for the additional bracket? I'll have to convince a friend to remove his rear seat in the process. LOL

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let me ask my wife if she's interested in it for her Bronco. I think she might be

Status
Not open for further replies.