First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a 23 BD with the 6 speaker (Sub delete). I upgraded all of my speakers to Kicker KS and installed a working factory amp with a Kicker 48CWRT674 4hom sub. I have made all of the mods in Forscan. When originally installed everything sounded great, the sub was thumping, to the point of rattling the back panel.

At some point I noticed that I wasn't hearing much bass in my system. I put my hand over the grill and couldn't feel it. I re-checked Forscan it its good. I pulled apart the back and checked the sub, and to my surprise, its working, but it is barely moving. I checked all of my wiring, all good. I did disconnect one of the sides and no change, it works but very minimal. What does that tell me? Has my factory amp gone bad? its obviously putting out something. Any troubleshooting steps would be appreciated.
Sponsored

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bad ground?

OP
OP
EilersPark

EilersPark

Black Diamond
First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
factory wiring harness into the factory amp. and factory plug from the amp into the both sides of the kicker.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

One thing to check / if I recall the fusion amps that a lot of folks are using has a 12V “trigger”, but the Bronco uses a 6V trigger for turn on. Means a lot of folks with the Fusion amps the amp will turn off randomly or fail to turn on occasionally.

Something along this line can fix that, if that’s the issue
https://www.amazon.com/PAC-TR-4-Remote-Turn-on-Module/dp/B0002J22BE

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a 23 BD with the 6 speaker (Sub delete). I upgraded all of my speakers to Kicker KS and installed a working factory amp with a Kicker 48CWRT674 4hom sub. I have made all of the mods in Forscan. When originally installed everything sounded great, the sub was thumping, to the point of rattling the back panel.

At some point I noticed that I wasn't hearing much bass in my system. I put my hand over the grill and couldn't feel it. I re-checked Forscan it its good. I pulled apart the back and checked the sub, and to my surprise, its working, but it is barely moving. I checked all of my wiring, all good. I did disconnect one of the sides and no change, it works but very minimal. What does that tell me? Has my factory amp gone bad? its obviously putting out something. Any troubleshooting steps would be appreciated.
throw that junk out ...mti tailgate sub box 10" pro kiker and get grill cover
it will thump even riding naked

Sponsored
OP
OP
EilersPark

EilersPark

Black Diamond
First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
One thing to check / if I recall the fusion amps that a lot of folks are using has a 12V “trigger”, but the Bronco uses a 6V trigger for turn on. Means a lot of folks with the Fusion amps the amp will turn off randomly or fail to turn on occasionally.

Something along this line can fix that, if that’s the issue
https://www.amazon.com/PAC-TR-4-Remote-Turn-on-Module/dp/B0002J22BE
the thing is that the sub is working (barely) so the amp is doing something. I’m wondering if parts of it have failed. I can disconnect one side or the other on the speaker and I still get very low sound.

bad amp?

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

the thing is that the sub is working (barely) so the amp is doing something. I’m wondering if parts of it have failed. I can disconnect one side or the other on the speaker and I still get very low sound.

bad amp?
That or blown speaker. If you are sure the wiring is all good and there isn't a loose splice or wire in a connector

OP
OP
EilersPark

EilersPark

Black Diamond
First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
well it turned out that my "factory" amp was bad and only putting out a little power. I replaced it with a take off amp from a member here, big thanks to @marsdenmike for that. I am back up and thumping, as much as that factory amp can....
Sponsored