Sponsored

Stupid question… ceramic coat the underside?

AGM Everglades

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5 early broncos, AGM Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Any benefit to ceramic coating the undercarriage/frame? I’m not well versed in CC but I know it makes water/mud/sludge literally roll off paint so would it help to keep the underside clean?
Sponsored

Teke

Base
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Fluid Film it. You have to upkeep ceramic coatings which would be a pain under a vehicle.

Desert_Brush

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Base
Fluid Film it. You have to upkeep ceramic coatings which would be a pain under a vehicle.
What is "Fluid Film" and why does it require less maintenance than ceramic coating?

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just watch where you spray the FF. It WILL cause rubber to expand. Especially rubber seals like around your doors that get hit when the FF drips out of the drain holes. Has a stink to it also, almost like BO.

I may go with the NHOU stuff this go around. They have both clear and black.

Teke

Base
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What is "Fluid Film" and why does it require less maintenance than ceramic coating?
It is a lanolin based rust inhibitor and lubricant. Spray it on once a year or so and forget it. You can’t get ceramic coating in all the crevasses and inside the frame like you can with fluid film (or any other undercoating spray). Ceramic coating also relies on maintenance boosting products to fill in any scratches in the ceramic coating. It just isn’t meant for underbody

Sponsored

Teke

Base
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just watch where you spray the FF. It WILL cause rubber to expand. Especially rubber seals like around your doors that get hit when the FF drips out of the drain holes. Has a stink to it also, almost like BO.

I may go with the NHOU stuff this go around. They have both clear and black.
Correct, just don’t spray your non-oil resistant rubber and plastics. Personally never had an issue with it but I’ve read people have had issues. There are other products out there but I have no experience with them.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Correct, just don’t spray your non-oil resistant rubber and plastics. Personally never had an issue with it but I’ve read people have had issues. There are other products out there but I have no experience with them.
Around the doors is the main place had issues. Caused the rubber to swell then it looked wavy. My rear plastic fenderliners (pickup truck) also got funny in that the FF warped them some. The product itself seems to hold on pretty good considering it can be washed off with pressure.

Desert_Brush

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Base
It is a lanolin based rust inhibitor and lubricant. Spray it on once a year or so and forget it. You can’t get ceramic coating in all the crevasses and inside the frame like you can with fluid film (or any other undercoating spray). Ceramic coating also relies on maintenance boosting products to fill in any scratches in the ceramic coating. It just isn’t meant for underbody
Sweet, thanks!
Sponsored