Standard Bumper Mods

STYLZ

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Outbanks Sasquatch (4-door)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, obviously the standard bumper doesn't have much modding capability minus some drilling modifications you could do I suppose. I don't really want to replace the bumper.

I been looking around and saw this on a video:

Ford Bronco Standard Bumper Mods 1714497191957-ya

In the video he says its this:
Baja Linkable Bumper Light Kit

I was wondering if anyone knows of any other similar ones that would work like this?

Anyone have this one particular and can attest to it's installation and performance?
Sponsored

Dan-O

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The pic you posted is the Capable bumper. I too have standard bumper and it’s true there are not a lot of accessories for it. There is a smallish bull bar that mounts to the bolts on bottom tow points of standard bumper (but can’t recall who makes it)that you could then add lights to. I think for winch too. I’ll see if I can’t find the Brand. Just verified it’s Rough Country Nudge Bar for standard(plastic) bumper

Last edited:

Johnsolo_02

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Capable bumper has very limited mods for it as well but there are some hard to reach mounting points behind the bumper. For example, I have a M&R light bar mounted on my capable bumper and will probably upgrade the fog lights to something with 4 pods from them or I believe @Diode Dynamics . There is a bull bar for this bumper somewhere too, but not as robust as with aftermarket or modular bumpers.
Ford Bronco Standard Bumper Mods IMG_3312

Unfortunately, the most mod-able bumper is a modular bumper unless you are really going third party.

OP
OP
STYLZ

STYLZ

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Outbanks Sasquatch (4-door)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I guess I misunderstood - looks like I have the Standard bumper.
No real mod support for it.

EL in NH

Base
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Basesquatch, 2005 HD springer,2010 sporty
Your Bronco Model
Base
I guess I misunderstood - looks like I have the Standard bumper.
No real mod support for it.
added both of these as well as the factory metal belly pan ,with some metal cutting to make room for the rough country shackle conversion....if you dont have fog lights already a 3 inch hole saw will do the trick

https://www.bajadesigns.com/product...oem-plastic-bumper-capable-bumper/?vid=160593

https://www.roughcountry.com/product/configurable/tow-hook-shackle-conversion-kit-rs171c

fogs.jpg
Sponsored