DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What you’re describing sounds like Binding which is normal in AWD cars. It happens at very slow speeds on pavement while fully turning the wheel.

Federico

Black Diamond
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What you’re describing sounds like Binding which is normal in AWD cars. It happens at very slow speeds on pavement while fully turning the wheel.
This isn’t normal by any means…
I am having the same exact issue. I already took mine (2/14/23) and I have yet to hear what is wrong. The service manager told me they were leaning towards replacing the transfer case. Hopefully I have an answer tomorrow.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This isn’t normal by any means…
I am having the same exact issue. I already took mine (2/14/23) and I have yet to hear what is wrong. The service manager told me they were leaning towards replacing the transfer case. Hopefully I have an answer tomorrow.
interested to hear the diagnosis. I was responding to the OP who said the issue was only going slow speeds in parking lot in 4A while fully turning steering wheel. This sounds like classic AWD binding and it’s normal. I will see if I can replicate on mine.

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I haven't tried explicitly to do this, but shouldn't 4A cut power to the front wheels in this situation?

I've noticed with the power distribution display that there are many times with 4A where power is sent to the rear only.

Are we sure this isn't lurching caused by the sport mode throttle and transmission mapping?

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

interested to hear the diagnosis. I was responding to the OP who said the issue was only going slow speeds in parking lot in 4A while fully turning steering wheel. This sounds like classic AWD binding and it’s normal. I will see if I can replicate on mine.
Binding at low speeds in 4A is not normal. There should be no power distribution to the front wheels at low speeds or while turning in a parking lot.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Following as I have the same issue.
Any updates with this?
Hello. I can look into your Bronco’s concerns on my end. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

Federico

Black Diamond
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When the issue first manifested I had driven to a store in Sport mode which by default it changes from 2H to 4A and from previous times (4 months of use) its always behaved the same way. (I go around a roundabout leaving and entering my community and it never had an issue in 4A) Well this time, when I turned on the Bronco and it asked me to stay in Sport mode which I did and when I backed out of my parking spot it felt like my rear mudflap was loose and rubbing on the rear right tire. I got out and checked to make sure it wasnt a mudflap or something that was lodged rubbing against the tire. Luckily the parking lot was nearly empty so I was able to drive it in a circle and figure 8 to listen and feel for binding, noise and if there was anything rubbing. After a few minutes of going through the modes (EXCEPT FOR 4L and 4H) I found that it only did it in 4A.
I drove to work in 2H like normal and everything was fine. I later tested 4H and 4L in more of an off road environment and it didn't bind.
Its still at the dealer today (day 5) and they still don't know what is wrong. Last I heard they were removing the front drive shaft to see if its the joints but I really doubt that is it.

OP
OP
MPN22BroncoOBX

MPN22BroncoOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Mikhail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When the issue first manifested I had driven to a store in Sport mode which by default it changes from 2H to 4A and from previous times (4 months of use) its always behaved the same way. (I go around a roundabout leaving and entering my community and it never had an issue in 4A) Well this time, when I turned on the Bronco and it asked me to stay in Sport mode which I did and when I backed out of my parking spot it felt like my rear mudflap was loose and rubbing on the rear right tire. I got out and checked to make sure it wasnt a mudflap or something that was lodged rubbing against the tire. Luckily the parking lot was nearly empty so I was able to drive it in a circle and figure 8 to listen and feel for binding, noise and if there was anything rubbing. After a few minutes of going through the modes (EXCEPT FOR 4L and 4H) I found that it only did it in 4A.
I drove to work in 2H like normal and everything was fine. I later tested 4H and 4L in more of an off road environment and it didn't bind.
Its still at the dealer today (day 5) and they still don't know what is wrong. Last I heard they were removing the front drive shaft to see if its the joints but I really doubt that is it.

Sponsored

MikeC51

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Maybe an obvious question, Are you sure its not the Lane Departure notification?
I though mine was doing this than I noticed the red indicator on the dash cluster

Federico

Black Diamond
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are they giving you a loaner to drive?
Yes, but they were very adamant about putting me in a loaner / rental until they had a repair scheduled and parts available.

OP
OP
MPN22BroncoOBX

MPN22BroncoOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Mikhail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe an obvious question, Are you sure its not the Lane Departure notification?
I though mine was doing this than I noticed the red indicator on the dash cluster
In my understanding of that system, there should be lines striped on the road, which were absent on the parking lot, therefore I DO NOT think it was the lane departure system.

Federico

Black Diamond
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It is definitely not lane departure.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This sounds like classic AWD binding and it’s normal. I will see if I can replicate on mine.
A torque-on-demand transfer case is not a classic AWD system with a viscous or mechanical center differential, it's not a Subaru. The TC has the ability to 100% uncouple the front and rear axles. In theory, it should do this in 4A at high steering wheel angle with no slippage detected.

Binding at low speeds in 4A is not normal. There should be no power distribution to the front wheels at low speeds or while turning in a parking lot.
There should absolutely be power distribution to the front wheels at slow speeds. Someone needs to pull up Forscan at watch the TCCM command to the TC in 4A. It sends power to the front wheels any time the accelerator is applied from a stop, even without any slippage detected. It tapers the clutch out the more you turn the wheel, but the default is absolutely to send power to the front at slow speeds.
Sponsored