Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I bought the SmarterHome Hardtop Lift for my Two-Door Wildtrak. Easy install and it works great.

I will answer any questions you guys throw at me. :)
Sponsored

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

do they install? I’d like something for the RTT on my Land Rover.

Jebster

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A couple questions. Do you have to have the rear hatch open in the garage when hooking this up? I have a shallow garage and would like the top to be as close to the rear wall when it is up as possible. Also, if you lift the top all the way to the ceiling how low does the top hang? So ceiling to bottom of top measurement. My garage is also not very tall (~8ft) so I'm hoping there is enough room for me to install.

OP
OP
JackTripper

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A couple questions. Do you have to have the rear hatch open in the garage when hooking this up? I have a shallow garage and would like the top to be as close to the rear wall when it is up as possible. Also, if you lift the top all the way to the ceiling how low does the top hang? So ceiling to bottom of top measurement. My garage is also not very tall (~8ft) so I'm hoping there is enough room for me to install.
You do not need the rear window up when you lift the top. You will briefly have to open it up a little just to get the webbing to the hooks.

My garage ceiling is 10 feet and I have no issue parking my Bronco under it with it directly over the hood. It has a good 4 feet. You should be OK.

as a safety measure, I ran hooks to beams and reinforced it with ratchet straps just to be safe once the hard top is in the air. Not necessary, just being safe.

Sponsored

Jebster

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the info. Another question. Can you run the straps that hook to the frame before you back into a garage and then connect them? With my low ceiling height I will want to do all the top prep (cap bolts removal, fluid and electrical disconnect, run lift straps through window) outside the garage then back in.

OP
OP
JackTripper

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for the info. Another question. Can you run the straps that hook to the frame before you back into a garage and then connect them? With my low ceiling height I will want to do all the top prep (cap bolts removal, fluid and electrical disconnect, run lift straps through window) outside the garage then back in.
No. You have to back up your truck, hook up the straps, then lift.

Jebster

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No. You have to back up your truck, hook up the straps, then lift.
What I meant was is the strap set up such that you can separate it from the lifting frame? I understand it has to be connected to the frame to do the lift. I'm asking because if the strap can be threaded around the top before backing in then I wouldn't have to open the rear window and I could get right up to the back wall of my garage.

OP
OP
JackTripper

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What I meant was is the strap set up such that you can separate it from the lifting frame? I understand it has to be connected to the frame to do the lift. I'm asking because if the strap can be threaded around the top before backing in then I wouldn't have to open the rear window and I could get right up to the back wall of my garage.
Yes. It is a completely different piece. It’s just a large piece of webbing with a pocket and four ends that attach to the lifting platform. So, yes, you can have it set up prior to backing your truck in the garage.

HPR23Wildling

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Y, 2012 BMW 335is vert
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any idea how well this would work with a sun shade installed?

Sponsored

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How long are the cables? My garage ceiling is ~12ft (give/take) high.

OP
OP
JackTripper

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Any idea how well this would work with a sun shade installed?
I removed my top, installed the roof style sunshade when the top is off. I remove the sunshade when I put the top back on. Does this answer your question? I never leave it in place.

HPR23Wildling

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Y, 2012 BMW 335is vert
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I removed my top, installed the roof style sunshade when the top is off. I remove the sunshade when I put the top back on. Does this answer your question? I never leave it in place.
I was hoping to install the jtops mesh and leave it on. If you don’t put the mesh thing on until you get the top clear of the roll bar…could you pull the bronco out, stick the front panels in and lift the rest of the way?

OP
OP
JackTripper

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was hoping to install the jtops mesh and leave it on. If you don’t put the mesh thing on until you get the top clear of the roll bar…could you pull the bronco out, stick the front panels in and lift the rest of the way?
That should work. I don’t even put my front panels on the lift. I put them somewhere else in the garage.
Sponsored